The Dragon Masquerade

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tony Tigerwolf

Re: The Dragon Masquerade

#151 Post by Tony Tigerwolf »

Got mine in the mail already, read it, and loved it :heart: Also a fan of the Two Kinds comic for awhile :) I love these characters :flora: :natani: :kathrin: :laura: :raine: :nora: mostly :flora: and :natani: XD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#152 Post by Bellhead »

I just reread mine for the third time, and I noticed something.
Spoiler!
Trace made an appearance. Audience right, front row, the first time we see Nora. For some reason, he's happy, while being surrounded by keidran. Wonder what's up with that?
Did anyone else see that?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#153 Post by Bachaddict »

I didn't notice it either!
Spoiler!
He's also on page 22. Maybe he's just happy that Saria is there.
|This box is too sm|

Argent Ly'al, XIII

#154 Post by Argent Ly'al, XIII »

Got mine in the mail today. Absolutely amazing work, Tom! And I'm so glad I pre-ordered mine. I am keeping it in the sleeve when I'm not reading it because I KNOW it will be something amazing to pass on to my future progeny!
Spoiler!
As for Trace being there, I noticed it on my first read through. I think he's happy to see both Saria and Nora, personally.

And I'm really not surprised that he's SMILING amidst a crowd of Keidran. After all, this does take place before his tragedy with Saria, so, for now, he's not really got anything to be upset about. That and it's good to see him smiling in a pre-mind wipe scenario!

Porter

#155 Post by Porter »

Bellhead wrote:I just reread mine for the third time, and I noticed something.
Spoiler!
Trace made an appearance. Audience right, front row, the first time we see Nora. For some reason, he's happy, while being surrounded by keidran. Wonder what's up with that?
Did anyone else see that?
I didn't notice it the first time I read it. But you're right. Less recognizable, but that character also appears in a later panel. (You can really only tell who they are by the hair.)

One question this story raised for me.
Spoiler!
If Lady Nora has seen into Natani's mind (and probably Zen's mind as well), why is Lady Nora allowing Natani to be anywhere near Trace?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#156 Post by Bellhead »

Porter wrote:One question this story raised for me.
Spoiler!
If Lady Nora has seen into Natani's mind (and probably Zen's mind as well), why is Lady Nora allowing Natani to be anywhere near Trace?
Well, why not? I see no reason, given what we've seen... There was never a conversation about that. I mean,
Spoiler!
Nora could tell just from talking to Nat in the mindscape that she'd do anything for Zen, and could likely infer that they were only doing what they did to survive.
That is, of course, unless she didn't want to interfere between Natani+Zen and Trace during their big fight in chapter 7.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

JayJayForce
Citizen

#157 Post by JayJayForce »

Gah!

All of you people and your black spoilery spoilers of spoils tempting me! (;_;)

I only got a message yesterday saying my comic has been shipped, ETA unknown.

Oh well, I'm from South Africa, I'm use to things taking forever to get here. I can wait a few more weeks.

I just know it will be worth it though! :karen:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#158 Post by Schrodinger »

JayJayForce wrote:Gah!

Oh well, I'm from South Africa, I'm use to things taking forever to get here. I can wait a few more weeks.

It will be.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Caille
Citizen

#159 Post by Caille »

JayJayForce wrote:Gah!

I know right? My book has been shipped too, who knows when it will be delivered
All the emotions :o
I'm just gonna sit down and track it every day
Buzię widzę w tym tęczu!

Image Image

Image THE SHIP HAS SAILED!

lemurvid
New Citizen

#160 Post by lemurvid »

My copy has reached me in the UK this morning, so it can't be too long now for other locations.
And I loved the reappearance of one of my favourite characters (apart from the ones on the cover...).
Did anyone else wonder if there was anything going on between those two carriage passengers, though? :D

No spoilers here...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#161 Post by Bellhead »

lemurvid wrote:My copy has reached me in the UK this morning, so it can't be too long now for other locations.
And I loved the reappearance of one of my favourite characters (apart from the ones on the cover...).
Did anyone else wonder if there was anything going on between those two carriage passengers, though? :D

No spoilers here...
I doubt there was anything more than friendship, given who was involved. What I saw seemed more like the interactions between two old friends who hadn't seen each other for a long time.

lemurvid
New Citizen

#162 Post by lemurvid »

Bellhead wrote:
lemurvid wrote:Did anyone else wonder if there was anything going on between those two carriage passengers, though? :D
I doubt there was anything more than friendship, given who was involved. What I saw seemed more like the interactions between two old friends who hadn't seen each other for a long time.
Well, it seemed a bit more, strangely intimate than that, but then the stuff about the possible nature of their relationship on the Spoiler thread makes a lot more sense. I think that idea fits better and is also more interesting.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#163 Post by AmigaDragon »

Chris wrote:Natani started freaking out about Trace's dragon, and was mainly focused on that since it was burninating the countryside forest and attacking them. He watched as Nora landed after Trace's dragon was destroyed, but then they were all put to sleep. They never got a chance to speak to each other. Similarly, Nora was mostly focused on helping and talking to Trace, the former Grand Templar and someone she has personal history with, rather than a random wolf assassin she may have only met once before a number of years ago.
Former? Has someone taken over his position already? Everyone who has addressed him with any title since page 1 of the main comic has still used "Grand Templar".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Chris
Templar

#164 Post by Chris »

AmigaDragon wrote:Former? Has someone taken over his position already? Everyone who has addressed him with any title since page 1 of the main comic has still used "Grand Templar".
This comic mentions the Grand Templar trying to kill Trace. Given the kind of position Grand Templar seems to be, it makes sense that someone else would fill in at least while Trace is unavailable, if not take over completely until Trace or someone else makes a bid for the position again. But Trace was the Grand Templar at one time, and it could be like how we (in the U.S.) still sometimes address previous presidents as President, even though someone else actually holds the title.

Caille
Citizen

#165 Post by Caille »

It's here and it's awesome! I'm in Poland so I can say the deliver was quick. And omg I got an autograph! (everyone's got an autograph but whatever) :flora: and the pages are so beautiful, also the paper, so shiny :heart: ok I said it, now it's time to read it! bye~
Buzię widzę w tym tęczu!

Image Image

Image THE SHIP HAS SAILED!