The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for Wednesday, April 22 2015

#61 Post by Ketzal »

Stoneage89 wrote:-snip-
Welcome to the party, and hope you enjoyed the party XP

Couldn't help but notice the avatar. Would you like a smoother version, good sir?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#62 Post by Warrl »

gertok9 wrote:I just hope he doesn't notice that Flora's pregnant and recognize Trace and put 2 and 2 together
I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that keidran and humans aren't interfertile.

(Which knowledge is no longer correct, but Flora is one of the tiny handful of women furthest along in pregnancy with mixed-species children. And she's barely showing that she's pregnant. So nobody knows yet.)

As for good relations between humans and tigers, I want to remind everyone of two points:
* Flora is of high enough rank in tiger society to be involved in an alliance marriage. Effectively, a princess.
* Flora was a slave of humans. In this town, the closest human town to tiger territory. Maximizing the chance that the tigers knew where she was and what her situation was.

I think that would cause the tigers to feel that their relationship with humans is somewhat strained.

Chris
Templar

#63 Post by Chris »

Warrl wrote:As for good relations between humans and tigers, I want to remind everyone of two points:
* Flora is of high enough rank in tiger society to be involved in an alliance marriage. Effectively, a princess.
* Flora was a slave of humans. In this town, the closest human town to tiger territory. Maximizing the chance that the tigers knew where she was and what her situation was.

I think that would cause the tigers to feel that their relationship with humans is somewhat strained.
For the first point: Flora gained that status after she returned to tiger society, specifically because of the knowledge she had from the time she spent in human lands. I don't think there's anything that mentions her being from a tribe with notable status.

For the second point: If the tigers were watching Flora, they'd then also know that she was treated almost as family. She wasn't treated as a slave, more as an indentured servant who was working to pay off the price the family had to pay for her. They'd also know she was willingly let go before that debt was fully paid off.

From her character bio:
"Flora was lucky enough to be reluctantly purchased by a friendly human family, who chose to make her an indentured servant to pay off the debt. She has no memory of the day her tribe was attacked.

Flora was eventually release from her servitude early and allowed to return to her people. Due of her knowledge of human nature and language, she was chosen to be a representative of the Tiger Clan and a marriage was arranged between her and a prince of the Wolf Clan."

BlackWind
New Citizen

#64 Post by BlackWind »

well according to someone's link on page 1 in orange lettering
he and Flora used to be good friends until HE broke off the friendship because of what people were talking about back then, so lets see how Flora reacts to meeing Keiren again.

gertok9
Master

#65 Post by gertok9 »

This might be off topic, but here's what I think is going to happen in the next few pages;
Keiren and Flora will talk and Kieren will end up showing Flora and Trace his father's grave. Then Keith and Group C will find a healer who will agree to come back and heal their friend, but will freak out and kill Natani or warn the town that they are harboring a Wolf
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

Thegunner18
Apprentice

#66 Post by Thegunner18 »

gertok9 wrote:This might be off topic, but here's what I think is going to happen in the next few pages;
Keiren and Flora will talk and Kieren will end up showing Flora and Trace his father's grave. Then Keith and Group C will find a healer who will agree to come back and heal their friend, but will freak out and kill Natani or warn the town that they are harboring a Wolf
Even mentioning the chance of Natani kicking the bucket makes me nervous. Damn, I don't know how I'd deal with that. I'd hope that Keith et al would be able to stop him/her if they did try and warn the town.
"To remember everything is a form of madness."
"Sometimes you have to let go and embrace what you've become."

ReBob
Council Member

#67 Post by ReBob »

gertok9 wrote:This might be off topic, but here's what I think is going to happen in the next few pages;
Keiren and Flora will talk and Kieren will end up showing Flora and Trace his father's grave. Then Keith and Group C will find a healer who will agree to come back and heal their friend, but will
freak out and kill Natani or warn the town that they are harboring a Wolf
*clenching intensifies* Please no.

I hope the procession turns out to be tiger dignitaries, I'd like to see a non-wolf keidran perspective of the war. Might put into light what allies (or lack thereof) they may end up with. Could put the whole war in another light.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Rafe
Council Member

#68 Post by Rafe »

Keiren's shiny and festive armor and talk of a procession got me thinking about what kind of procession was planned. My guess is that it's going to be a wedding procession.

That also brought to mind this guard, which some of you might recognize:

(This might help if you don't remember: A movie clip)

Also, given their penchant for political alliance through marriage in this universe, I wonder if a Trace and Flora marriage might get pushed here. Interesting possibilities.

yaytime
Apprentice

#69 Post by yaytime »

Rafe wrote:*snip*
although off topic this makes me think of Lyn'knoll being guarded by the bridge of Death and the master spy is the bridge keeper for some reason (he is not the old man for seen 24 :x ) EDIT " thinking more on it in would be funnier if the bridge keeper was Albion"

-on topic i think the next comic page is going to cut to Keith and we will have back story later
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

Stormlight
Merchant

#70 Post by Stormlight »

Chris wrote:-snip- Due of her knowledge of human nature and language, she was chosen to be a representative of the Tiger Clan... -snip-
Sounds familiar. The question for me is whether she was a pawn that was simply told what she should do or a diplomat with some real power. When Group A sets out through Tiger territory to Lyn'knoll, that could mean the difference between Flora being ordered to rejoin the tribe or take on another assignment she won't be willing to do versus Flora being able lead and protect Trace and the rest of Group A as her own, like what Trace did in Pinewood and on the Basitin Isles. It would be cool to see Flora in the "Don't mess with them, they're with me" kind of role again.

Another thing: Something tells me that Trace's cabin wouldn't be especially close to the town or easy to find. Unless the group is planning on returning to The Na'rella for the night, they're probably going to need a place to stay...and guess who's probably about to invite Trace and Flora back to an old haunt to catch up? :P Commence shenanigans!
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are true and our hearts are open." -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

amenon
Grand Templar

#71 Post by amenon »

Stormlight wrote:Another thing: Something tells me that Trace's cabin wouldn't be especially close to the town or easy to find.
Is not cabin. Is estate. (2007-08-05), (2011-11-10)

The cabin is something else. (2007-17-10), (2005-06-06)
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Aurora
Citizen

#72 Post by Aurora »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:
Aurora wrote:Hey, Fubar. What's your avatar from?
Freak of the Week music video. Animated by an animator who also worked on Tarzan, Atlantis and the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Pretty cool stuff.

le video
Ah. Thanks. ^_^

EDIT:

Oh, neat. The animation is of the band themselves. Yeah, that was pretty neat. ^_^

Stormlight
Merchant

#73 Post by Stormlight »

amenon wrote:
Stormlight wrote:Another thing: Something tells me that Trace's cabin wouldn't be especially close to the town or easy to find.
Is not cabin. Is estate. (2007-08-05), (2011-11-10)

The cabin is something else. (2007-17-10), (2005-06-06)
Oh. Oops. Thank you.

So in this panel Trace and Saria must have begun the trip in Edinmire (with little Flora and little Kei) and taken the carriage/Master-Spymobile all the way across to the country to the wolf Keidran border...interesting.

I guess a big estate in a populated area wouldn't be too hard to find after all. Darn.
"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are true and our hearts are open." -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Stoneage89
Citizen

#74 Post by Stoneage89 »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:

Couldn't help but notice the avatar. Would you like a smoother version, good sir?

Ah! thank you! I'm running windows RT so I'm forced to use paint. I owe you.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#75 Post by puredeathly »

Stoneage89 wrote:
Fubar de Lizzy wrote:

Ah! thank you! I'm running windows RT so I'm forced to use paint. I owe you.
You could try Photoshop Express or Fotor from the store. they are the only photo-editor like programs that run on Windows RT...

-Jakob