Alt Text: Oh my god she just went in.

Looks like things are heating up a bit.
Your soul is mine...

Kelden
Traveler

Re: Comic for Thursday 9/3/2015

#2 Post by Kelden »

Just gonna point out "penty" instead of "plenty". Edit: Fixed already :P

But yeah, what a hothead. (clearly Sarah's last name is Jenkins)

Gripen

#3 Post by Gripen »

Looking at the sketch, I assume Tom's a fan of Avatar: The Last Air Bender?

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#4 Post by The Rookie »

Honestly wasn't expecting the other two to be so... Not evil ? I guess this is the "Not all Templar are evil" arch.

Beautiful art as always.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#5 Post by FrogSteaks »

Anyone notice those stones the blue-haired girl(?) is wearing? They look eerily similar to the ones Lynn wears.

I chuckled a bit at the facial expression in panel 3. I don't know why, it just looks kinda...funny.

Also, "I h :heart: te Mondays". Ironic.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

gertok9
Master

#6 Post by gertok9 »

Keith is the last airbender confirmed (Edit: Actually, Natani may be the airbender here, cause of that aerismentis a few hundred pages ago). So now we see 2 new characters and the dragongirl's name is revealed! Sea seems to be a girl, but Landen could be either at this point. Can't wait for the next page, Tom! Take your time if the next one's gonna be as good!
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Him »

Okay, that is rule 63'd Trace, essentially. I am alright with this. Though I must say I enjoy Landen. It's interesting when people just really don't care.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#8 Post by Vintage »

Keith confirmed airbender :mrgreen:. For some reason, Keith also looks really well drawn in that last panel. Not sure why, but I think that's the sharpest picture of him I've ever seen. Oh, and to expand on that Avatar thing, Sarah's out-of-place hair and wild eyes reminds me of Azula during the final episodes of TLAB.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

Kelden wrote:Just gonna point out "penty" instead of "plenty". Edit: Fixed already :P
Dang it! I missed the first version again. Were there any other changes?

Anyway, our new friend now has a name. I wonder if this short tempered Sarah has an older brother too.

Also, am I the only one concerned that Keith's sword might melt or warp under the heat; and is it just me, or did the first part of Sarah's last speech bubble sound like that one line from that one movie in that famous sci-fi series which I can't name for fear of being sued/for amusement?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Kyrit
Templar

#10 Post by Kyrit »

I find the most interesting part to be that Sarah says she's not full dragon yet. This implies that flawed/imperfect transformation might be what's going on with her after all. It's one thing to forcefully change someone (or yourself) in to one of the two species that were created at the same time as humans, but turning in to a dragon or other species that wasn't created by the gods that we know is probably a lot harder, or at least I would assume it to be. I'd wager the body can only take so much strain from the transformation at any given time, so it's done in stages. If that's what's going on with her at least.

I also wonder if Sarah went after Lynn and Keith intercepted, or if she just decided to attack the one that seemed like their leader.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#11 Post by FrogSteaks »

Tom wrote:Sorry the last few pages have been a little delayed. Action scenes tend to be more work than dialogue ones. I'll try to keep on schedule.
Don't worry about it, Tom. The pages look really good. It's totally worth the wait.

Oh, and here's the sketch for this page.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

asphere8
Master

#12 Post by asphere8 »

I feel like the blue-haired one is going to be a fun character. Every other blue-haired character has been interesting so far! That's a 100% success rate!
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#13 Post by tony1695 »

I'm actually considering the possibility that the blue-haired girl could be related to Trace. If I'm not mistaken we know absolutely nothing about his biological family. And what with Trace knowing nothing himself...
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Kitten
Templar Master

#14 Post by Kitten »

I'm really liking the blue haired girl.
It might be cause I have blue hair though.. I dunno. lol
I hope she turns out to be awesome~
Yes. That 'squee' you heard, was Kitten.
Much much love towards Tom!
I log in every day, I just kinda lurk the boards ^^;

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#15 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Wait, so how serious is the whole element-bender thing? Are we to understand that Landen's name is related to "Land"? And that the other girl is indeed called "Sea"? And that they have powers over earth and water respectively, like Sarah has power over fire? And what's with "Sarah" anyway? "Landen" and "Sea" are obviously associated with earth and water, but there is no connection between "Sarah" and "fire" as far as I can tell. And only fire seems associated with dragons to me. The ability to manipulate water and earth don't seem particularly dragonish. Are the other two also Adrakists? They don't appear to have any bodily modification, apart from Sea's blue triangles. Is Sea a Templar? One thing they do all have in comic is an opal like the like on Lynn's headdress; Sarah has a red one just below her neck, and Landen has a green one in the same spot, while Sea has a blue one both there and on her head. Also, it has been said before, but Sea looks exactly like a female Trace, with an extra triangle :P. But yeah... the fact that Sea and Landen *don't* appear to be Adrakists changes what we thought we knew about the situation... this is not a party of Adrakists with a mission to capture wolves or something, this is a group of people with coloured opals (and possibly elemental powers) with a mission to capture wolves or something, where it so happens that one of them is an Adrakist.