March 27 2009

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tygron
Notakitty!

March 27 2009

#1 Post by Tygron »

Woa, this turned out unexpectedly. "For all our sakes" HE KNOWS! O_O! WOO.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

OmegaEffect
Merchant
Location: Probably reading a book... Otherwise, talking on IRC

Re: March 27 2009

#2 Post by OmegaEffect »

A change of heart mayhaps?
or was he wary of the templars all along?
"Should I sign and blindly dance along the piper's tune,
or should I rather trust my inner voice to guide me?"
"Humanitas Cecedi"

Harb
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Harb »

*looks at watch*

early, good. :grin:

*looks at update*

hmm, a grown, sixpacked man punches an unarmed, eleven years old girl unconscious. :|

and... musclehead is even on the company's side? ookay...
[under construction]

Tygron
Notakitty!

#4 Post by Tygron »

I don't think it was a change of heart, I think he was putting up a fight cause he thought someone could be watching. So he knocks them out temporarily so he can take them somewhere to regroup and attack.

Wonder if the rest of the generals will be this way.... doubt it with the way things are going... and what he said.
[Click the sig to check out my music]
emmy wrote:It's not to prevent the suit from being stolen, but to prevent the fancy mofo in it from being stolen. :P

Kitsuny
New Citizen

#5 Post by Kitsuny »

Makes sense. He is the muscles general, therefore he does not or want to use magic. He's one of the few who aren't going nuts.

Harb
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Harb »

can we now say his name is dirk hardpeck?
[under construction]

Devsman
New Citizen

#7 Post by Devsman »

I see Alaric and the Arms general in the same boat here. They both realize that what the templar are doing is wrong, but they keep following orders anyway because of this: http://twokindscomic.com/?p=459. In Alaric's case, he has resolved to follow the orders as he is biologically designed to do, while the Arms general seems a lot less sure. If the arms general manages to overcome the urge to follow orders, like Keith has, then the two of them together might be able to pursuade Alaric, leading to a battle of our group and two of the Basitin generals against the Intelligence general and the templar, tilting the odds a little bit in favor of the good guys. Furthermore, if the tower has really been deactivated somehow, all the mages on the island's magical abilities are greatly crippled if not completely wiped out. Really, I think this battle hinges completely on what the Arms general decides to do now and what happens to the tower thanks to the events of http://twokindscomic.com/?p=490. The good guys' plan is completely shot now that Natani is out cold, though we may see Laura pull through: http://twokindscomic.com/?p=474. Where all the mana stored in the tower will go is also a big issue. Will it go back into the environment? Will it run backward through the mana sink into Trace (this could be very good or VERY bad)?
SHAZAM! *gets struck by lightning*

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by avwolf »

It is interesting that the Arms General seems to know the score. Of course, like Alaric, he must follow orders despite his own knowledge and concerns. Maybe we'll finally be meeting the King soon. The other fascinating thing is that the Arms General's obviously something of a softie (notably unlike his predecessor, if Keith's memory is to be trusted), and he distinctly believes that the other Generals have well earned their ruthless reputations. Of course, we've seen all of that for ourselves. :P

-- And j004y --
Or perhaps Fist Hardbone would also be appropriate. ;)

Harb
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Harb »

avwolf wrote:-- And j004y --
Or perhaps Fist Hardbone would also be appropriate. ;)
[under construction]

rastamanvibration
Master
Location: On the beach in the middle of nowhere with the white sand and blue waters.TIA(This Is Africa).10kb/s

#10 Post by rastamanvibration »

Well of al the places he could have hit Flora I think the head-bonk is the best choice.He would make a killing in the manucure business! :grin:
If work is health.Then being lazy and not going to work is preserving it!

pocketlint82
Apprentice

#11 Post by pocketlint82 »

j004y wrote: Image
I hope flora didn't bite down on too hard on her tongue when she was "bonked" in the head. looks painful.
Image Image Image

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Actually, notice the 'Bonk' noise, rather than the 'Squish, Crack, Die' noise, that could have accompanied it. I bet he just tapped her on the head, by his standards.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

MadMann135
Merchant

#13 Post by MadMann135 »

Somehow I think the General at arms did his best to allow those two to beat him and when he realized that they would not win he went easy on them. He was not wearing armor and his attacks did not posses real power behind them.
ImageImage

Harb
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Harb »

if i look at the comedy-like style of said panel it could be a mild stunning (i hope).

anyways, he seems to know of the impending dangers, so he's now leveled up from a nogoodnick to an unexpected ally? should be helpful. :wink:
[under construction]

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by AzeNaku »

Woot! Arms is now my favorite character currenty in the story.

So unless I'm mistaken, both Arms and Alaric are atleast somewhat aware of the danger, but Basitin nature forces them to follow orders anyways. That really sucks.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage