The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

Comic for April 20th, 2009

#1 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

No ones made this???

Well what do you think?

I think Alaric is going grab the edge, and Keith is going to save him from falling. Seems likely that happens.

(Note: I'm too stupid to find out how to actually get the comic as an image and post it here. If anyone would like to shed some light on how to do this, I'll put it up in an edit)
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

Khanaar

Re: April 20th, Monday Comic

#2 Post by Khanaar »

I was gonna make it, but oh well, Its a bit sketchy to think about how a blade in a concrete bridge would cause it to collapse, but atleast theres a new comic xD

Lithas
Templar

Re: Comic for April 20th, 2009

#3 Post by Lithas »

Well, we saw the bridge getting weakened severely by Alaric in the past comics, so it makes sense for it to be at a breaking point. My guess is he doesn't quite make it to Keith, and he falls among the rubble. He'd get injured, but not severely, probably be fine until a doctor can come patch him up. We do know that basitin are tough little buggers.
[Working on making myself a siggy...]

Ask not what your country can do for you. It's broke too.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by avwolf »

Ouch, "damanged," that's a nasty misspelling. *wince*

It seems that Alaric was a bit slow on the uptake this time. Myopic focus on a single goal can blind even the best chessmaster. Keith gets some serious kudos for this. Very clever. And now it looks like we're going to end up in a situation where Keith must lunge forward and catch hold of Alaric's hand, lest he plummet to his doom. And the cliché is to have him slip from Keith's grasp with some witty final soliloquy. I'm hoping that Tom keeps with his pattern of winking at cliché but not doing it and we see Alaric survive. Or at least not die so predictably.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#5 Post by FastChapter »

Nah, this is where Keith pulls an Obi-Wan Kenobe and kills Alaric. I'm surprise they aren't holding light sabers, :roll:

It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!

You underestimate my power!

Pewpew dead Alaric!

Kichan
Citizen

#6 Post by Kichan »

*Alaric holds onto the bridge in desperation as he begins slipping*
Alaric: "Brother! Help me!"
Keith: **Whispers in Alaric's ear** "Long live the general!" **FLINGS HIM OFF THE BRIDGE**
Alaric: Auuugghhhh!

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#7 Post by Tuna »

Seems about time for Nora to show up...
:3

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Verilidaine »

*gulp*

This does feel like Alaric could be dying... In terms of what I immediately expect to happen after reading it, I see Alaric grabbing the bridge, Keith grabbing Alaric, and Alaric refusing to let Keith save him, choosing death instead.

I had to go back several pages to find where the bridge first started to break. Not the best craftsmanship in the world on the main bridge leading to your castle...heh.

VolkswagenFox
Council Member

#9 Post by VolkswagenFox »

That's a large leap there.

Lithas
Templar

#10 Post by Lithas »

Tuna wrote:Seems about time for Nora to show up...
What's up with everyone's fascination w/ Nora? Why in the world would she care about Alaric of all people? We already know she doesn't like the reputation that the generals get, and there doesn't seem to be anything in it for her.

Now, looking at the background, I think that may be a bit too far of a fall for even a Basitin... My guess is he doesn't die, but maybe there some sort of law about not harming someone who saves your life for Basitins same as Keidrans? That would make the 'Keith to the Rescue' Theory more plausible.
[Working on making myself a siggy...]

Ask not what your country can do for you. It's broke too.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#11 Post by Tuna »

Lithas wrote:
What's up with everyone's fascination w/ Nora? Why in the world would she care about Alaric of all people? We already know she doesn't like the reputation that the generals get, and there doesn't seem to be anything in it for her.
It has been theorized that she may be the dragon who is working for the Templar, as alluded to in a previous comic, and Alaric is definitely serving the Templar's goals quite well, so it's not beyond belief for her to save his bacon.

'Sides, it's been too long since she's been in a comic, and it would make for an interesting scene.
;D

Flash879
Traveler

#12 Post by Flash879 »

Maybe Tom is going to kill off the Generals. Look at it this way:

Musclehead = Lying in a deep puddle of his own blood.
Alaric = Possibly could fall to his death.
Alabaster = Yet to be known, but defeated nonetheless. He could try to attack Eric and then by killed by Laura or something, I dunno.

Also this Nora crap is starting to bug me. Nora seems more loyal to Trace above any of them, so directly helping either of the squads could prevent her from saving Trace in the event that the Templar load him onto a boat and carry him away. I don't really agree to the rumor that she is helping the Templar; why would Nora deter their plans so many times? Like with the black cat. Why would the Seer's daughter not know of Nora's appearance if they work together.

"They are doing...bad things..."
Yeah, I'm evil, what're you gonna do about it?

RandomGamer92
Council Member

#13 Post by RandomGamer92 »

At first I couldn't see the comic until I refreshed. Thinks of possible outcome*

Hrmmmm... my guess is Alaric fails at grabbing the ledge. Keith (being the guy he is) tries to save him. He does, but Alaric incapacitates Keith (by knocking him on the head or something) when he isn't looking. Praying in mind * "Please for the love of god... do not kill off Alaric too."
Flash879 wrote:Also this Nora crap is starting to bug me. Nora seems more loyal to Trace above any of them, so directly helping either of the squads could prevent her from saving Trace in the event that they load him onto a boat and get carried away by the Templar.
If that DOES happen then that means she gets to spend more time with him... but I think you're right. Nora strikes me as the type of person who prefers to see his or her friends happy above his or her personal desires.

GodsNightmare21
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by GodsNightmare21 »

Yea it would be stupid for Nora to save Alaric. I still think Alaric is gonna grab onto the edge, and Keith is going to save him. You know, if Keith saves him, could you really see Alaric still being against him?
Ye, as I walk through the shadow of the Vally of Death...

Fishy
Traveler

#15 Post by Fishy »

Lithas wrote:

Food is better before it is bruised.
Verilidaine wrote:*gulp*
That made me laugh.