2K- The Animated Series - Officially Dead

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Maxwell_88
Council Member

2K- The Animated Series - Officially Dead

#1 Post by Maxwell_88 »

Welcome to the Twokinds Animation Project topic (Also know as 2KA). This is a long running project that hasn't seen much progress for an ever growing number of reasons.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Got a message from the core group

Well, here we are. It's been over 2 years since we established the project's animation team and, unfortunately, it's time we end it. Some my have seen this coming since the beginning and we hope you're happy. Getting a project up and running for 2 years, driven only by motivation since we were working on zero funds, is a difficult feat. We're surprised this lasted as long as it did. Despite the fact that we never managed to release a single episode, we believe that the project wasn't entirely a waste of time. We had a lot of fun working on it and it was cool meeting so many new people. We think that counts for something. Thank you all for the support and sorry it didn't work out...

...That's right, Cry. I know I am T-T

We're all still for the most part here, but we're admitting that we CAN'T do this the way we are now.

10/17/2011
(MM/DD/YYYY)

POSSIBLE QUESTIONS:
1.What has been done so far?
2.What do you plan on doing?
3.What will we do with out the Voice Acting Tryout Forum?
4.Can I help? or Can I be a voice actor?
5.Who's still on the team?

1. What's has been done so far?
-Unfortunately aside from assembling a team on Skype not much. Everything so far has only amounted to a pile of scraped plans and prototypes.

2.What do we plan on doing?
-The Animation is completely stuck as of now, but there's still a little buzz going around for project involving other aspects of the series

3.What will we do with out the Voice Acting Tryout Forum?
-We're getting rid of it entirely. We don't want anymore voice actors until we actually have a use for them.

4.Can I help?
-Interested in starting up a new group? I know a few people that might still have a glimmer of hope left for this series.
E-mail: Maxaka0007@yahoo.com Skype Name: mastermiller88

5.Who's still on the team?
Might not be entirely accurate:
Maxwell_88 - Director/Leader
Raghn - Chief Animator
Guess who's back.

gangman5
Merchant

Re: Twokinds The Movie

#2 Post by gangman5 »

I'd probably volunteer to help for it, maybe try for a small voice role.....
and you MIGHT be able to pull off a live action movie, but it'd just be really hard to get right....

Fuzzy
Citizen

#3 Post by Fuzzy »

Most important, there should be no Hollywood influence at all.

"Nice concept, but you should lose the animal angle."
"Sex between a human and an animal? That's not politically correct. Well, maybe in Texas."
"Flora is underage. That's not good. She should be about 30-ish."
"Slavery? That won't fly with the current president."
"Alaric can't be macho and gay. It's either/or. He should be the comic relief.""
"That general that bounced off those knives? Was he bit by a spider, or was there kryptonite involved? What colour kryptonite?"

Dante_715
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Dante_715 »

No one will watch it, let alone fund it, no I'm not joking.

Unreal-Templar
New Citizen

#5 Post by Unreal-Templar »

i beleave, it will be an animation movie like "Beowulf" or "Final Fantasy", because its very faster and cheaper to create a 3D model of the persons as drawing it all.

And it's not realy heavy to create a 3D model, building the animation path's,... and record then the animation when it's play.

I know this, because i am working with the "Unreal Engine 3", and for a Model, animation, recording... i need only 4 days for 5 min of video...
so it is possible to make this movie in 3-4 month.

As the storyline, i would choose the comic story, because we designer are good builder, but very bad story taleteller ^^ xD.

In other words: It would ba an animation movie, because its cheap, fast, and you need only 8-12 people. :mrgreen:

Harb
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Harb »

even if i for my own part think some time in the (near?) future the movie industry will put their focus onto webcomics, they will probably turn out like most comic and all video game movies: friggin' [censored].

the medium webcomic isn't translatable into film.
Fuzzy wrote:"Nice concept, but you should lose the animal angle."
"Sex between a human and an animal? That's not politically correct. Well, maybe in Texas."
"Flora is underage. That's not good. She should be about 30-ish."
"Slavery? That won't fly with the current president."
"Alaric can't be macho and gay. It's either/or. He should be the comic relief.""
"That general that bounced off those knives? Was he bit by a spider, or was there kryptonite involved? What colour kryptonite?"
[under construction]

furryfanatic
Master

#7 Post by furryfanatic »

if they made the concept of the story human, maybe it would attract further audiences, however that would be very hard to pull off considering the ideas within the comic- slavery and racism of some levels.

Actors/ Actresses?
again this would be hard to choose....
Natani is friggin awesome :3

Xenowar
Master

#8 Post by Xenowar »

If there would be the possibility of a Twokinds movie a 3D animation movie or a real movie would be out of question :keith:
1. It looks cheap and crappy
2. it would take all the charm of Twokinds

If there would be some good animator who has access to good dubbers I would love to see it :kathrin:
Tom: If anything, people might suspect I have a fear of nipples.
@Drolhtis: Hi Tom.
*Tom: hi Dosjfidoshagaghajkelsfdsjfiodnshv

iChazz

#9 Post by iChazz »

I think it'd be a great idea. =] Not impossible either.

There's a comic called LFG, World of Warcraft sort of thing, that I enjoy reading. They've turned it into a film, REALLY well. So all you saying its impossible, IT'S NOT! Its Improbable. ;P But a great idea all the same.

Unreal-Templar
New Citizen

#10 Post by Unreal-Templar »

oh yes it's realy possible, i mean it's net difficoult to create, maybe only a hand full of 2kinds fans + animation know how = fan movie

the only thing, what says: "thats impossible" , is the time what you are need for this project.

Seki
Traveler

#11 Post by Seki »

I personally, to spark interest, if anything would find it an interesting idea to make a joke (Like for a movie to come out that isn't) comericial and post it on youtube, making an original animation in a month for a 5 minute clip shouldn't be that hard,

Dînadan
Traveler

#12 Post by Dînadan »

Seki wrote: Influenced to base mirror the comics, or have a bit of the comics but follow a new storyline.
I think that something new would probably be best as a straight adaptation from the existing comics would probably require rewrites and tweaking to get the most out of it for film. The biggest problem with creating a completely new 'adventure' would be how it slotted into the comic timeline - either the comic would have to go on hiatus while the film is in production, or the film would have to be slotted into a gap within the story (either one created specially for the film, or into a gap that's convenient), but this has the problem of the events of the film probably not being referenced by the ongoing comic (which would be odd if they're important, or rendering the film pointless if they're completely unimportant).
The best thing would probably be to create brand new characters for the film and have it set at the same time as the comics, but not directly conected to them, or perhaps have it set in the 'past' and use it to flesh out the history of the TwoKinds world.
Animation or Real-life,
Animation. For the non humans you're probably going to have to use it in live action film anyway (or shell out on very expensive fursuits), so you might aswell go fully animated and save the trouble of blue/green screen work. This also has the advantage for a 'fan film' in that it isn't reliant on castmembers going to locations to shoot. With an animated film, the actors could record their lines as it's convenient for them and e-mail them to the director(s) who can give feedback on the performances.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by AzeNaku »

Samuel L. Jackson as [database error] :kathrin:

Now being serious, I think the movie in live-action would be impossible. The movie itself would be hard to do with the multiple languages, not impossible, but it needs to be considered.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Seki
Traveler

#14 Post by Seki »

Dînadan wrote:
Seki wrote: Influenced to base mirror the comics, or have a bit of the comics but follow a new storyline.
I think that something new would probably be best as a straight adaptation from the existing comics would probably require rewrites and tweaking to get the most out of it for film. The biggest problem with creating a completely new 'adventure' would be how it slotted into the comic timeline - either the comic would have to go on hiatus while the film is in production, or the film would have to be slotted into a gap within the story (either one created specially for the film, or into a gap that's convenient), but this has the problem of the events of the film probably not being referenced by the ongoing comic (which would be odd if they're important, or rendering the film pointless if they're completely unimportant).
The best thing would probably be to create brand new characters for the film and have it set at the same time as the comics, but not directly conected to them, or perhaps have it set in the 'past' and use it to flesh out the history of the TwoKinds world.
Animation or Real-life,
Animation. For the non humans you're probably going to have to use it in live action film anyway (or shell out on very expensive fursuits), so you might aswell go fully animated and save the trouble of blue/green screen work. This also has the advantage for a 'fan film' in that it isn't reliant on castmembers going to locations to shoot. With an animated film, the actors could record their lines as it's convenient for them and e-mail them to the director(s) who can give feedback on the performances.
I personally think for a storyline, just go with a spinoff concept that takes place somewhere on the shipride somewhere in the future or in the past, it's easy to understand, doesn't take that much effort, and allows a crazy storyline itself. I personally prefer an island, though a trip to another continent, terrority, etc would be exceptable.

Dragonchampion
Merchant

#15 Post by Dragonchampion »

I am interested in applying for a position.

Part: Trace or Keith

Qualifications:

5+ Years of Drama club, 2 years as lead actor
3+ years experience reading stories to others with actual voice-acting
2+ years of D&D gamemaster status, also with voice-acting

If you would not like me to play a part, I would like to ask for this:

Part: Script author

Qualifications:

7+ Years of writing plays and such
10+ Years of writing stories (One that will be published soon)

If you want a taste of my writing, I have a fanfic here in this forum named "The Knights of The Dragon."

Oh, and this would make an excellent animated movie. I think that if we could get it made, that will bring in many, many, new people to the comic.
~I am the lurker of your nightmares... you will fear me, or die.~