Natani's Eyes

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

Re: Natani's Eyes

#16 Post by supervanman64 »

Schrodinger wrote:Could just be the monitor.
True, very true. :kathrin:

That means I've been coloring her wrong, then. :redhair:

Tom
The Artist

#17 Post by Tom »

Eyes are the windows to the soul, as the saying goes. Natani has one of her eyes grayed out, meaning half of her soul is missing.

It's a mostly symbolic artistic choice on my part.

Originally, Natani didn't have a pupil in her right eye, which in retrospect, probably worked better at showing that it was damaged. At some point I just changed it and gave her two pupils, probably to make her more attractive.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#18 Post by supervanman64 »

Tom wrote:Eyes are the windows to the soul, as the saying goes. Natani has one of her eyes grayed out, meaning half of her soul is missing.

Originally, Natani didn't have a pupil in her right eye, which in retrospect, probably worked better at showing that it was damaged. At some point I just changed it and gave her two pupils, probably to make her more attractive.
Holy crap, Tom was here! :mrgreen:

I see. So it was mostly artistic to symbolize that her soul was damaged. Nice. 8)
(Also, I noticed he used "her". :kathrin: )

EDIT:
Tom wrote:Eyes are the windows to the soul, as the saying goes.
That's exactly what I say for my art, too. Which is why I spend so much time drawing them. :)

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#19 Post by Sage Asuka »

To keep on topic...wasn't it once discussed that Natani was blind in her grey eye but the fact was later changed?

edit: wow, ninja'd by the artist himself. Thank you for the answer Tom.
Image Image Image Image

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#20 Post by Sebbie »

I'm pretty sure that's the first time since I joined the forums that I've seen Tom post...

So, is there a similar soul-related story behind Alaric's bad eye? Or is that simply a battle wound, as the scars seem to imply?
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Chopsticks
New Citizen

#21 Post by Chopsticks »

Nick i think is a Battlewound case. more so i think now as tom uses it to represent damage. (Has learn't something :3) and how embaracing, me and sage are in the same(ish) avatar xD

Also, if half of Natinis soul is missing, does that affect her in any other way, like~ her ability to weild majic and so on ~ It was just a theroy, since magic is an energy ~ and soul is an energy of some sort (Energy of life?) Bleh, i thought it differently, i cant find the words
rastamanvibration wrote:X3
That really was funny!
Chopsticks:You win!
Sebbie wrote: I agree with rastaman: you win, Chopsticks! A cookie is in order.
Current 2K Cookie Count: 1

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#22 Post by Sebbie »

Chopsticks wrote:and how embaracing, me and sage are in the same(ish) avatar xD
Oh man that is going to be SO confusing :P
Chopsticks wrote:Also, if half of Natinis soul is missing, does that affect her in any other way, like~ her ability to weild majic and so on ~ It was just a theroy, since magic is an energy ~ and soul is an energy of some sort (Energy of life?) Bleh, i thought it differently, i cant find the words
She seems to be able to wield magic just fine. I don't think there was ever any reference to a connection between a soul and magic (although, of course, if your soul isn't whole, you're pretty much comatose, so wielding magic probably isn't a priority).
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Zack
Templar Master

#23 Post by Zack »

Tom wrote:Eyes are the windows to the soul, as the saying goes. Natani has one of her eyes grayed out, meaning half of her soul is missing.

Should I be scared that The Creator himself has answered my question :shock:

Very cool analogy Tom :D
I started a Wargaming Blog, come and have a look: The Fourth Sphere

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#24 Post by Schrodinger »

Zack wrote:

Should I be scared that The Creator himself has answered my question :shock:

Very cool analogy Tom :D
You should be honored. It's very rare that Tom involves himself in these discussions.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#25 Post by Sage Asuka »

Sebbie wrote:
Chopsticks wrote:and how embaracing, me and sage are in the same(ish) avatar xD
Oh man that is going to be SO confusing :P
As long as we remember that mine always say 'Eh?' somewhere then we're good.

It is indeed very rare Tom answers a question. But I am glad he did.
Image Image Image Image

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by avwolf »

Sage Asuka wrote:To keep on topic...wasn't it once discussed that Natani was blind in her grey eye but the fact was later changed?
Yes. Tom originally posted on the RvB forums many years ago that Natani was blind in her gray eye. I'd insisted that it was symbolic of her "half a soul" and that she could still see, until another user (Black_Elite1) corrected me on the issue and linked me that post. That was how things stood until very recently -- when Natani took aim on the tower, drawing her aim using that "dead" eye, proving that she must indeed be able to see out of it. That sparked a discussion that ended when Tom clarified that Natani can indeed see through her eye. And considering how that was retconned, I wonder if the other point I drew from the RvB post, that Keith has zero sexual experience whatsoever, has also been changed or if it remains true. Considering that a lack of pupil is usually used to connote full blindness, I think it's appropriate that you added the pupil back on on her gray eye, Tom.

I enjoy the irony that I would have used almost the exact turn of phrase that Tom did to describe the situation. :P And the comment's been logged for reference.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#27 Post by Sage Asuka »

avwolf wrote:And considering how that was retconned, I wonder if the other point I drew from the RvB post, that Keith has zero sexual experience whatsoever, has also been changed or if it remains true.
I have wondered this concerning Laura as...she doesn't strike me as the type who would but considering her species and 'heat'-But that is a different topic entirely and shows that I over think things way too much.

Thank you for anwering that av. And I agree about the pupil being added.
Image Image Image Image

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#28 Post by coal »

It's nice to think that Tom thinks about people like me! :grin:

Screw the plot holes! We're gonna make Natalie smexy!!!

Cookies are in order!

WindDragon
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by WindDragon »

Tom=100% Accurate
:nora: Go Tom!
I also realize how simple that answer was...amazing how we can talk ourselves into some amazingly elaborate reason behind why Tom does something and then...poof *looks at quote*

patbuck2
Apprentice

#30 Post by patbuck2 »

I also wondered this same thing. Now I feel smart and stuff for reading this thread. 8)