Comic for Monday Dec-14-2009

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Xuis
Traveler

Comic for Monday Dec-14-2009

#1 Post by Xuis »

Never thought I would be doing this, yet here I am. I present thanks to tom... the latest comic. Let us observe.
Alt-Text: "Raine's Curse"
I will definitely have to review my characters, but I think the implications are pretty clear cut.
Raine may either be originally Keidran or Human, too early to tell?
Either way, I am quite pleased with the comical sound effect.
And shouldn't those shackles need a key to open? it would seem very ineffective without.

On a serious note, could this be an answer to Trace's goal to prolong Flora's life?
The symbols on the shackle may indicate Templar magic or experimentation.
Once again, I need to brush up on my archive recollection, but I would hazard a guess that what happened was against her will because of the shackles.

Clack-Poink-Click-Poof
Sounds like what happened to my last Calc exam.

Scherzo
Merchant
Location: In front of my computer. Or maybe at the gym. Then again, I'm probably surfing the internet.

Re: Comic for Monday - Dec-14-2009

#2 Post by Scherzo »

Whoa... that's interesting. I suppose that means she's originally human, but the shackles were cursed so that if she took them off and ran away, then she'd turn into a Keidran and have nowhere to go.

EDIT: Something's up, right? I mean, I know the forum's usually dead now, but... twenty minutes without a response to the new comic? :shock:

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#3 Post by coal »

REEEEED!
Yay! we get to see him finally!
And rain is like... some sort of... Werewolf now with magic manacles? Anyways, still pretty awesome, :grin:

Xuis
Traveler

#4 Post by Xuis »

Scherzo wrote:Whoa... that's interesting. I suppose that means she's originally human, but the shackles were cursed so that if she took them off and ran away, then she'd turn into a Keidran and have nowhere to go.
EDIT: Something's up, right? I mean, I know the forum's usually dead now, but... twenty minutes without a response to the new comic? :shock:
I agree with and admire your hypothesis sir.
as for the new comic business, I am simply surprised to be the first, never thought that would happen, yet final exams call for late hours I suppose.

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Sabourok »

I wonder what would happen if those shackles were destroyed. Would she be stuck as human, keidran, or be in the middle like Karen? :karen:

(rhetorical question. not looking for an answer)

Xuis
Traveler

#6 Post by Xuis »

Sabourok wrote:I wonder what would happen if those shackles were destroyed. Would she be stuck as human, keidran, or be in the middle like Karen? :karen:

(rhetorical question. not looking for an answer)
A good question nonetheless, I wonder what the rest of the folks would think of her.
Perhaps we shall see a backstory delve soon.
Perhaps it will be relevant to the situation on the island.

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

Re: Comic for Monday Dec-14-2009

#7 Post by Sebbie »

Huh, curious - is this curse related to Trace transforming Raine's mother into a Keidran, or is it something completely independent? Also, Sabourok's question is interesting - I wonder is the shackles even can be destroyed, or if the magic of the curse makes them much stronger than ordinary metal?

Also also, [de] looks kinda different, but then again that's no surprise given the new style :P
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#8 Post by Schrodinger »

Oooooh. That's a new one. It seems I have to readjust my Meta-Theory to include this new piece of information.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Zack
Templar Master

#9 Post by Zack »

Cool comic

Since previous two comics seemed to involve :maren: x :sythe:. I'm going to point out that Raine and Red were in what seems to be a bed room ¬_¬

Red X Raine anyone?

Great comic Tom, And I like the sound effects as well :D
I started a Wargaming Blog, come and have a look: The Fourth Sphere

Silver Fur
New Citizen

#10 Post by Silver Fur »

I've always been confused with the characters Raine and her mother. They both look alike and same some similar background, so I often used to get them mixed up. Hopefully that will change now that they've resurfaced in the world of Twokinds ;)
Myresfanfic

For any of those interested in fanfiction or writing click on the above link. Our site Myresfanfic is devoted to fanfiction based on the Resistance universe, but we welcome all types of literacy, fanfiction or not.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#11 Post by Nuff »

Well if her mother was a keidren then I think I'll have to go with the assumption that she too is one. Which would point towards her never being a slave with the keidren (I mean do they even take slaves?) but rather a spy. Those shackles may very well have been created by Raines mother in an attempt to get herself back into her true form, one that didn't truely suceed as we can see here.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#12 Post by Gotheran »

any way when i first stumbled on raine in the comic, i remember her dissapoofing and showing up with keidran elsewhere, this i thought was the previous grand templar, who, because of trace's strong magic, is now geneticly keidran. thats what i think... and because she was so i guess when/if she had a daughter, she would be naturaly keidran, i guess those shakels have a complex disguising magic, which only works while the runes line up (ie the shakels are closed).

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Able »

Red hair is such a dalt also who didn't see that coming -_-;
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by Gotheran »

Zack wrote:I'm going to point out that Raine and Red were in what seems to be a bed room ¬_¬
Red X Raine anyone?
maybe she wanted his advice or somthing along those lines.
it doesn't have to be perverted!
Zack wrote:Great comic Tom, And I like the sound effects as well :D
now what would a good comic be without good sound effects? lol.

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Valbrandur »

That's some interesting magic there.

And red definitely looks a bit younger there.

And Raine looks very good as a keidran.

And now to see Red's reaction towards Sythe.