Comic for Wednesday June 22nd 2010

#1 Post by BlueFoxx »

Comic \o/
I like the last charge.
EDIT: Fixed broken tag.
#twokinds wrote: <Tom> Vector boobs?
<Tom> Can be scaled to any size!
I may or may not lurk, at times.
I do some interesting photography, if you're bored enough to poke around.

Colt45ws
Apprentice

Re: Comic for Wednesday June 22nd 2010

#2 Post by Colt45ws »

Hahaha. Sebbie called it.

I hope hes not like his father, for Kieth's sake.
-Colton

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Well [censored]...... Am I the only one getting the "Arson, Muder, and Jaywalking" vibe here?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

Schrodinger wrote:Well [censored]...... Am I the only one getting the "Arson, Muder, and Jaywalking" vibe here?
No, I got that too.

Also, I'm sure his (Alabaster's son) rulings will be completely unbiased!
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5 Post by Holy_458 »

Oh yeah, THIS seems fair. Have someone emotionally connected to the case be the one presiding over the ruleing.
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#6 Post by Tuna »

Loving the alt-text...
XD

Hey, at least Stalker Girl is on the panel.
<<;

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#7 Post by PhycoKrusk »

FFFFFFFFFFFF i don't even know how I should feel about this

I mean, how is Keith going to get an impartial trial? What about the overall strangeness of the whole situation?

THE MEDIA HAS DESTROYED TOMMY CHEN?

You know what, I don't care. Alabaster Jr. is still one sexy beast.

MasterTemplar
Grand Templar

#8 Post by MasterTemplar »

Oh if one alabaster wasn't bad enough, we'll shove a second one at you, absolutely freeeee!
ImageImage

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#9 Post by Sable Dove »

Yaknow, I think they should let this stuff slide on account of the fact that he saved the entire Basitin race. Too bad nutcase junior is in charge.

What about the two Basitin who saw Alabaster murder one of their own? Shouldn't they have stepped forward? Apparently the Basitin have an absolutely terrible legal system... And amoral soldiers.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#10 Post by Sebbie »

Colt45ws wrote:Hahaha. Sebbie called it.
WOOOO go me!
PhycoKrusk wrote:You know what, I don't care. Alabaster Jr. is still one sexy beast.
You know what? HE IS.

Anyway, although I guess the possibility of an unbiased trial just got thrown out the window, there's always the possibility that Alabaster Jr. actually didn't like his father...hell, he could even have hated Alabaster Sr. so much that he'll be biased in favor of Keith!

Epic beard on the fourth judge, by the way.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Jaerys
Traveler

#11 Post by Jaerys »

Schrodinger wrote:Well [censored]...... Am I the only one getting the "Arson, Muder, and Jaywalking" vibe here?
That's the first thing I thought when I read the charges, but, then again, violating curfew might be a serious felony.
Holy_458 wrote:Oh yeah, THIS seems fair. Have someone emotionally connected to the case be the one presiding over the ruleing.
It's fair, maybe. It depends on the Basitin legal system. Unless a verdict requires an unanimous ruling, Lt. Alabaster and Lt. Stalker's vote should cancel each other out. Yes, their presence might influence the other judge's decisions, but it's seems about as fair as Keith could expect. I was expecting worse since Nora indicated that the Basitins would be looking for someone to blame.

The problem is, Keith is guilty. He wasn't wrong, but he did commit the crimes. He is in dire need of some legal loopholes. Since he didn't know he could appeal the original case, he probably doesn't know the law well enough to find the loopholes himself. Natani wouldn't either. That leaves Lt. Stalker, Lynn, Alaric from beyond the grave, and Trace (his old self seems to know Basitin law). Of course, it's always possible that he will convince the court that he committed the crimes for the right reasons, but I'm not convinced that would actually matter. I'm not even convinced that Keith will try.

Edit: Btw, it's not a big deal, but Wednesday is the 23rd.

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#12 Post by avengedplatypus »

well, he's [censored].

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#13 Post by BadFoMo »

Does anyone else think that Keith will just get banished again until he brings fourth the catalyst of this whole thing? The catalyst being Trace Legacy. It seems likely to me, but I doubt it will happen. It would bring our heroes right back to square one and make this entire arc almost meaningless.

Also, why does the one judge to Alabaster Jr.'s right have a sword? Protection? Isn't that what the cards are for? Also is it just me, or does Alabaster Jr. and the judge to his left have that 'Mana Crazed' look in their eyes? Is this more artistic licensing?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#14 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Sable Dove wrote:Anyway, although I guess the possibility of an unbiased trial just got thrown out the window, there's always the possibility that Alabaster Jr. actually didn't like his father...hell, he could even have hated Alabaster Sr. so much that he'll be biased in favor of Keith!
I doubt it though, just look at that serious face. I can't quite imagine the guy going a full 180 and say that he hates his father. Either way, I'm expecting Natani to do something about it in the next few pages. May it be an escape or a testimony etc etc. :natani: :natani: :natani:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and stalker girl sticks out like a sore thumb.

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by fenning »

No, REALLY Basitin supreme court. The fact that the JUDGE'S FATHER was supposedly killed by the person up for judging TOTALLY won't affect the judges decision. Seriously!? Come on Rulers of the Basitin Government! There's a difference between being just and moral, and prudish and stupid!

Great comic though! A real *Something* hits the fan moment for keith. TWO THUMBS!

EDIT-I concur wholeheartedly Hands of stealth.