Comic Wednesday 30 June

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

UncleGrandpa
Apprentice

Comic Wednesday 30 June

#1 Post by UncleGrandpa »

Discuss... personally, hoping for more information (revelations, maybe?) about Keith's mother.
~~~~~~~~
I have absolutely nothing to do with the Cartoon Network "Uncle Grandpa" shows. Didn't even know it existed until today... and I sure wouldn't pick that name now I've seen one of them.
~~~~~~~~

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic Wednesday 30 June

#2 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

THE PLOT THICKENS

More questions, and no answers yet. Damn you, weekly updates. Damn you.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Laster
Citizen

#3 Post by Laster »

If Natani isn't the cutest thing i've ever seen in panel 1, she really hasn't a clue what's going on. Also, about Keith's mother, i've always suspected something going on there, just nothing related to this case, i just thought maybe she's a western bastian... or eastern, erm which ever kind of Bastian these are, i suspected her of being the other. Yeah.

Great update, pretty sure now Gandalf Bastian is blind, and Keith in panel 4 also looks awesome. Can't spot any errors either.
"The World Ends With You"

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#4 Post by Schrodinger »

I think I see where this is going.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#5 Post by hands_of_stealth »

FIRST!! lol, just kidding

Perhaps Keith's mother was deemed unfit for society and was ordered killed? His dad did kill her right?

Zeppelin
New Citizen

#6 Post by Zeppelin »

Already waiting for MOOOAAARRR!!!
Can't wait to see what happens

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#7 Post by Sage Asuka »

I love how Natani's just 'lalala I can't understand these guys so meh. '

Also loving the mention of Keith's mom. This...is about to go into an interesting direction.
Image Image Image Image

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Sabourok »

Hmmm.... maybe Keith's mother disobeyed an order or something because of a similar principle which marks her as the first basatin to put principles over loyalty?

It's just a thought. Besides, obeying orders, no matter how unjust or ill conceived they are, will lead to one's ruin. (ex: you're ordered to kill your mother. Do it, you're morally ruined. Don't do it, you're a traitor.)

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#9 Post by avengedplatypus »

OOOOOOOOOOH exciting plot twist coming!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

hands_of_stealth wrote:FIRST!! lol, just kidding

Perhaps Keith's mother was deemed unfit for society and was ordered killed? His dad did kill her right?
Well, the official story was, as it was told by Keith, his dad came home drunk one day and beat his mother to death.

P.S. This one's alternate text reads;
Law and Order: Basitin Isles Pt. 3
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#11 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Laster wrote:If Natani isn't the cutest thing i've ever seen in panel 1, she really hasn't a clue what's going on. Also, about Keith's mother, i've always suspected something going on there, just nothing related to this case, i just thought maybe she's a western bastian... or eastern, erm which ever kind of Bastian these are, i suspected her of being the other. Yeah.

Great update, pretty sure now Gandalf Bastian is blind, and Keith in panel 4 also looks awesome. Can't spot any errors either.
im pretty sure this is west basitin territory that we're seeing as the comic hasnt shown a single scene ion the eastern iles
thus your theory would be her being eastern.
still good point.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Iron Ed
Merchant

#12 Post by Iron Ed »

BadFoMo wrote:
hands_of_stealth wrote:...Perhaps Keith's mother was deemed unfit for society and was ordered killed? His dad did kill her right?
Well, the official story was, as it was told by Keith, his dad came home drunk one day and beat his mother to death.
Sounds like possibly Keith's father -was- ordered to kill Keith's mother and couldn't bring himself to do it without getting seriously drunk first. And, quite possibly he -did- throw himself on Keith's spear because he couldn't stand to live with what he'd done.
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt

THAT1ANDONLY
Council Member

#13 Post by THAT1ANDONLY »

I think they're going to say Kieth is compassionate like he's mother.
hands_of_stealth wrote:FIRST!! lol, just kidding

Thats what I was thinking, man. |D

The father started drinking to bring his nerve up to follow orders.

[Edit] AW! someone already said that. Darn you! :P

The Silver Fox
Master

#14 Post by The Silver Fox »

primalcaller ergos wrote:
Laster wrote:If Natani isn't the cutest thing i've ever seen in panel 1, she really hasn't a clue what's going on. Also, about Keith's mother, i've always suspected something going on there, just nothing related to this case, i just thought maybe she's a western bastian... or eastern, erm which ever kind of Bastian these are, i suspected her of being the other. Yeah.

im pretty sure this is west basitin territory that we're seeing as the comic hasnt shown a single scene ion the eastern iles
thus your theory would be her being eastern.
still good point.
Oddly, Basitin territories are backwards: the Eastern Basitin live on the west side of the island, and the Western Basitin on the east.
That means that the theory would be her being Western.
Image Image
Terrifying!Rei wrote:Heee~eeeeey. What'cha doin'?

rmb
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by rmb »

My first response: WHAT?!?!!?

My more rational reaction: Maybe Keith's mom, like Keith, didn't blindly follow orders? She might have understood and cherished friendship and love -- she upheld beliefs and values in which the Basitin people find as weak and useless.
Phyco wrote: *Aria, listen
*Just grab his face and shove your tongue down his throat

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Image Image Image Image Click me please! :D