The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Comic for August 4, 2010

#1 Post by Schrodinger »

Final flashback comic.

Why am I not surprised?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

Re: Comic for August 4, 2010

#2 Post by supervanman64 »

Wow. Alabaster is a douche D:

Also: I'm assuming Cornelius killed himself by using Keith.

EDIT: Either that or Keith thought that Cornelius had killed her.

Valbrandur
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Valbrandur »

Well, it seems I was right on man factors.

I guess Keith did not want to tell Natani that Alabaster entered the house after he killed his father.

But about the ear, I suspect maybe he claimed that Keith cut off his ear after killing his father. I think he'd get away with that I guess.

Calligrapher
Citizen

#4 Post by Calligrapher »

Nice invisible blood on the spear in the second-to last frame. (edit:Ah, it's been fixed now)

I can see how Keith was confused by his father practically falling on his spear.
There are no absolutes.

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

#5 Post by Holy_458 »

Hmm... very interesting. Very interesting indeed...
JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

I Love Twokinds
Grand Templar

#6 Post by I Love Twokinds »

Alabaster is such a [censored]! Good that he is dead.
You Only Live Once!
Albert Einstein wrote:I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Ster Zetanee »

I have to say Alabaster really is such a jerk.
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by avwolf »

supervanman64 wrote:Either that or Keith thought that Cornelius had killed her.
Considering that's what Keith told Natani, yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case. It'll be interesting if Keith supplies a flashback to fill in the exact details of what happened with his father. Maybe there's a clue he missed that now makes everything clear to him. And then he'll break down crying again because he killed his father, who was an innocent man, and, while harsh, loved his son and was trying to do right by him.

You've gotta really be over the edge to beat someone to death with your bare hands. Especially after you smash them with what appears to be a pretty heavy glass bottle hard enough that it shatters. He was probably on her right away after that. And since he didn't use the bottle to cut her, he was really feeling it emotionally. He wanted to take out his aggression, expend that anger, feel everything. He must have hated Cathleen. He wasn't just irritated by her, he didn't just dislike her, Alabaster would have needed to hate her, body and soul.

What I find most interesting is that Tom made it clear that this flashback is being read into the court transcript, apparently as accurately as we're seeing it. So does this mean that Keith was really only convicted for killing his father, as Alabaster killed Cathleen "in self defense?" And, as the Intelligence General, with the Arms General dead at his son's hands, his word would be pretty good. There'd have to be some kind of evidence to challenge his defense, but there doesn't appear to be any. After all, she attacked him with a knife and cut off the tip of his ear. Without witnesses or more evidence than just Albion Alabaster's word, there'd be nothing to challenge self-defense.

-- Edit --
Linked the comic in question of Keith's story of the situation.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

It looks to me like Cornelius is trying to push Keith away in defense, but I interpreted his other hand as guiding the spear into him. I can't tell if Cornelius chose to die or not.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Xenowar
Master

#10 Post by Xenowar »

I think he chose to die... why? not sure
Tom: If anything, people might suspect I have a fear of nipples.
@Drolhtis: Hi Tom.
*Tom: hi Dosjfidoshagaghajkelsfdsjfiodnshv

RandomGamer92
Council Member

#11 Post by RandomGamer92 »

HOOOoooo boy.
Things are getting... intense.

JCP Da Blitz
Templar Master

#12 Post by JCP Da Blitz »

woah...nuts. I still can't believe they bought the story that Keith killed his Dad, but Alabaster really did kill Cathleen...*preps cannons, aims at grave* Corruption is so damn...ugh. *walks off* :evil: :evil: :evil:
JCP Da Blitz wrote:Da name is Da Blitz, JCP Da Blitz that is, and you have entered my arena. Get pwned then gtho.
MasterTemplar wrote:How could she betray Keith (;_;) XD
The ANWCU rocks on!!

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#13 Post by kevin »

So Keith was innocent of the crimes from six years ago. But I wonder how this will effect his current trial. And I think it's agreed that Alabaster is the biggest most egomoniacal douch that ever existed in Mekkan.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote:You've gotta really be over the edge to beat someone to death with your bare hands. Especially after you smash them with what appears to be a pretty heavy glass bottle hard enough that it shatters. He was probably on her right away after that. And since he didn't use the bottle to cut her, he was really feeling it emotionally. He wanted to take out his aggression, expend that anger, feel everything. He must have hated Cathleen. He wasn't just irritated by her, he didn't just dislike her, Alabaster would have needed to hate her, body and soul.
Which leads into some interesting imagery with the shattered glass and the fact that someone with that much rage would have a few memory gaps.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Schnopps
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Schnopps »

...That was brutal. Not to repeat anything that's been already said but it honestly looks like Cornelius is making a concerted effort to kill himself on Keith's spear. He has one hand on Keith's shoulder and the other on the spear, kind of like he's guiding the spear for the killing blow. Noticed that Alabaster's half ear is still bloody in the final panel as well so all of this must have happened pretty quickly.