Comic for December 1st 2010

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kindamoody
Master

Comic for December 1st 2010

#1 Post by Kindamoody »

Sorry about my animated avatar, I couldn't resist.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
Twokinds Swedish translation: http://twokinds.se
Twokinds text erased pages: http://kindamoody.com/versions/

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for December 1st 2010

#2 Post by Scytalle »

YESSSS! Alaric is the man! This makes me so happy :grin:

Colt45ws
Apprentice

#3 Post by Colt45ws »

Thumbs down, you son of a [censored].
-Colton

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

And so Alaric guaranteed, more or less, that his friend would get away from it all scott-free.
Alaric was to stop Ketih from getting to the tower, but never said he was going to kill him. If Alaric won, he would let Keith and his friends go, being able to go over Alabaster Sr.'s head because of corruption, and if he lost, he would give Keith power, being able to go over Alabaster Sr.'s head again because of corruption.
And he abused the law to the nth degree quite successfully too. Even from the grave he's messing with the legal system.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

The part where Alaric acknowledges Keith's experience with the outside world was a nice touch that I'm surprised not many of us pointed out. Also, am I the only one that's reminded of Xellos from Slayers here?

ALT TEXT: You cant do that! Only we can use the law to manipulate the system!
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Ironworks »

Oh Alaric, even dead you are still awesome :grin:

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by The Grim Reader »

I was right. My guess was somewhat correct from the last comic discussion. Epic win Tom. ^ ^
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

HOLY [censored]!

Anybody else freaking out over just how AWESOME the art is in this update? Plot point aside, the lighting is just fantastic! And the glow effects? Just...just...DANG! D8
Image Image

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#9 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

lynns epic smug face FTW.

but hold up, that means keith coulda returned at any time?? sucks for you keith....
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by avwolf »

*laugh* Ah, I see, it's clever. If the night had gone differently, Alaric would have groomed Keith to take his place somewhat more gracefully and staged a combat. The fact that this went a different way was adapted into a plan already set to motion. Look at poor Aster's face. He knows full well that it technically counts, and, as was once said in Futurama, "technically correct is the best kind of correct."

By cleverly orchestrating a Trial of Succession in the bridge fight, Alaric managed to make Keith one of two Basitins authorized to destroy the Tower. These legal proceedings are a farce, not because they've appeared to be pretty much a farcical kangaroo court from the get-go, but because the court never had jurisdiction to try Keith at all -- he's been the Master General since before the showdown with General Alabaster. And I think strength of body and will of mind have been pretty effectively demonstrated by dear Goldenrod too. Check and mate, Aster. You'll be a general, alright, but a general serving under Keith.

And it doesn't matter if Keith abdicates or not -- the King will order him to leave the islands and find the best way to assault the Templar, while the rest of the military stays behind to marshall the Western Basitins to war. Well, the rest of the military other than Keith's personal bodyguard, of course. Someone Alaric also groomed to be loyal to Keith and his views, someone Alaric prepared to stand beside Master General Keiser for the rest of their lives. Lieutenant Stalker. ;) That Alaric was a wily [censored]. God I miss him!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#11 Post by tony1695 »

avwolf wrote:And it doesn't matter if Keith abdicates or not -- the King will order him to leave the islands and find the best way to assault the Templar, while the rest of the military stays behind to marshall the Western Basitins to war. Well, the rest of the military other than Keith's personal bodyguard, of course. Someone Alaric also groomed to be loyal to Keith and his views, someone Alaric prepared to stand beside Master General Keiser for the rest of their lives. Lieutenant Stalker. ;) That Alaric was a wily [censored]. God I miss him!
And I had completely forgotten about the Stalker Girl. Everything fits perfectly! My god, Tom, you are a [censored] genius!
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by AzeNaku »

The more Lynn shows up, the more I attribute the mental voice I have for Eric to him. :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#13 Post by JediGuy »

*Sighs* You people are SO disappointing me. If I may be so bold...

OBJECTION!!!

Anywho; Conspiracy theories crumble or are rectified. Plans realized and foiled. The puzzle pieces finally fit into place. To follow Av's lead of quoting cartoons...(Making it into a comic)
Hobbes, from Calvin and Hobbes wrote:It's that moment of dawning comprehension that I live for.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Kichan
Citizen

#14 Post by Kichan »

Keeeiith noooo! Don't leave us! Don't become a general, don't stray away from the group, we need you as a punching bag for the rest of the striiiiiips!

And damn, Jediguy beat me to the punch.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#15 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

tony1695 wrote:
avwolf wrote:And it doesn't matter if Keith abdicates or not -- the King will order him to leave the islands and find the best way to assault the Templar, while the rest of the military stays behind to marshall the Western Basitins to war. Well, the rest of the military other than Keith's personal bodyguard, of course. Someone Alaric also groomed to be loyal to Keith and his views, someone Alaric prepared to stand beside Master General Keiser for the rest of their lives. Lieutenant Stalker. ;) That Alaric was a wily [censored]. God I miss him!
And I had completely forgotten about the Stalker Girl. Everything fits perfectly! My god, Tom, you are a [censored] genius!
hold on, what? stalker girl was alarics doing? i thought that was just.....whats the word here....speculation?
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage