Comic for thursday january 6th

#1 Post by avengedplatypus »

So it WAS laura.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Jan 6th comic

#2 Post by tony1695 »

And she's actively dying.
She should at least die in Keith's arms, I reckon...
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

Re: Comic for thursday january 6th

#3 Post by avengedplatypus »

Im surprised I got the post.... I just got home from work and I check it and BAM, so I go to the forums and there was no thread.

Anyway, im sure laura has some things she needs to tell keith before she dies. However... im going to get hate for this. She better not make a recovery... I mean come on! 2 characters brought back from the dead in HOW many pages?

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by The Grim Reader »

Well....in her situation...it could be likely that by shortening his own life, maybe he could heal her.
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image

Unkowndeth
Templar Master

#5 Post by Unkowndeth »

Maybe Trace can carry her to Keith before she dies

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#6 Post by Sebbie »

Well, I can imagine Trace trying to use magic to heal her, then Laura waking up to the sight of Trace being all ultra-magic-power and freaking out.

But I'd really rather she just die. I don't have anything against Laura, and I appreciate that she could still play an interesting role in the plot, but having her live sets up a bad precedent - essentially, from this point on in the comic, a character isn't dead unless we actually see their body, which I think is a poor way to run a story. There's a nice elegance to having a character die without giving absolute confirmation, and that elegance is killed by having Laura live.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

JCP Da Blitz
Templar Master

#7 Post by JCP Da Blitz »

I have a feeling Trace is gonna do something slightly stupid but stupid enough to save Laura. :grin:

Don't hold me to that....
avengedplatypus wrote:Im surprised I got the post.... I just got home from work and I check it and BAM, so I go to the forums and there was no thread.

Anyway, im sure laura has some things she needs to tell keith before she dies. However... im going to get hate for this. She better not make a recovery... I mean come on! 2 characters brought back from the dead in HOW many pages?
lol Twitter speed failed me this time. ^^ but hey it gets done right? Now y don't you want Laura alive again? O.o
JCP Da Blitz wrote:Da name is Da Blitz, JCP Da Blitz that is, and you have entered my arena. Get pwned then gtho.
MasterTemplar wrote:How could she betray Keith (;_;) XD
The ANWCU rocks on!!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#8 Post by Schrodinger »

Oh, so that's how she got there. Anyway, Lady Nora has a rather defeatist attitude here doesn't she?

Will Laura live or die? Will Trace be able to save her? We'll have to wait until next week to find out.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by The Grim Reader »

Schrodinger wrote:Oh, so that's how she got there. Anyway, Lady Nora has a rather defeatist attitude here doesn't she?

Will Laura live or die? Will Trace be able to save her? We'll have to wait until next week to find out.
Perfect. You left out the To Be Continued in the beggining or ending of that though
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image

IAmSerge
Traveler

#10 Post by IAmSerge »

Sebbie wrote:Well, I can imagine Trace trying to use magic to heal her, then Laura waking up to the sight of Trace being all ultra-magic-power and freaking out.

But I'd really rather she just die. I don't have anything against Laura, and I appreciate that she could still play an interesting role in the plot, but having her live sets up a bad precedent - essentially, from this point on in the comic, a character isn't dead unless we actually see their body, which I think is a poor way to run a story. There's a nice elegance to having a character die without giving absolute confirmation, and that elegance is killed by having Laura live.
Too late.

Precedent has already been set by: The King!

Following precedent: Laura lives <3!

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#11 Post by tony1695 »

I think it's safe to say that magic's out of the question. After all, Nora said here that all the magic on the island was eaten up. She also said that she used the magic she had on Trace. Either there's a limit for what magic can heal, or there was only enough left for her to make Laura at least look nice before she died.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by The Grim Reader »

Nora also said she and Trace were the only only ones there. Who's to say she didn't lie about that.

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Sabourok »

In a world of MAGIC nora believes that internal injuries can't be healed......... Take a moment for that to sink in. MAGIC, enough said. All it takes is a healer that has knowledge of internal anatomy of keidren.... then again, it's still MAGIC. If magic can't mend an internal injury, then healing magic is completely pointless. (Just my opinion, please do not take this and go raving about the uses of healing magic... please)

coal
Pumpkin Hunter

#14 Post by coal »

Oh wow, shake a bone in front of a dog only to yank it back away. Think of all the Laura fans that are just crying to themselves after seeing this. >< Poor things.

I'm calling Dues Ex on this though, somethings going to happen, otherwise this will be very depressing.

CyMoahk
Citizen

#15 Post by CyMoahk »

Two updates in three days WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
lol :grin:

Anyway, I never really took a side on the "shoud Laura be dead or alive" debate, but now that she's actively bleeding to death (albeit internally) I hope she does die. If she was simply unconscious right now, I'd be perfectly happy to let her live and see how the Keith-Laura-Natani triangle plays out. ^.^ But right now... I feel like this is the perfect lead-in to a "dying in your arms" situation. Or, if not that, a "...sorry, I couldn't save her" situation. Besides, as has been mentioned, having her healed at this point would like too much of an asspull, as healing by magic is basically out of the question. Besides, the dragon has spoken.