Comic for Sunday January 9th

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Holy_458
Le soldat sans Grammaire

Comic for Sunday January 9th

#1 Post by Holy_458 »

JediGuy wrote:Why am I sensing that that's going to wind up in a signature somewhere?
Wynni wrote:I love you weirdos. You're my kind of mixed nuts.

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for thursday january 9th

#2 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Hooray! He's changed!
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Kindamoody
Master

#3 Post by Kindamoody »

If Trace can't use his magic, what is he going to do?
Sorry about my animated avatar, I couldn't resist.
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi
Twokinds Swedish translation: http://twokinds.se
Twokinds text erased pages: http://kindamoody.com/versions/

JCP Da Blitz
Templar Master

#4 Post by JCP Da Blitz »

Trace has no choice but to play this smart now. ....I still have a feeling though. I'm sensing tears soon....

Don't hold me to that...
JCP Da Blitz wrote:Da name is Da Blitz, JCP Da Blitz that is, and you have entered my arena. Get pwned then gtho.
MasterTemplar wrote:How could she betray Keith (;_;) XD
The ANWCU rocks on!!

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Kindamoody wrote:If Trace can't use his magic, what is he going to do?
And on that subject, where will he go? Keith would probably be able to let him back into the city, but Trace still thinks the Basitins want him dead.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Digital Fear
New Citizen

#6 Post by Digital Fear »

In my opinion... i think she will survive, but her memories will be wiped clean

oh tom... you and your cliffhangers...
"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour; Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."- Albert Einstein

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Ironworks »

Like I said before, I seriously hope she doesn't have her memory wiped
Though I'm still in favor of the "Dying is Keith's arms" bit.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#8 Post by supervanman64 »

I'm happy that Trace is gonna try to do something to help her. :kathrin:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#9 Post by Schrodinger »

Okay we've established that Lady Nora is safe for now. We've established that the black magic that Trace used will kill him if he keeps it up. And we've established that Trace does have a heroic side to him. All in all a great update.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#10 Post by tony1695 »

I reckon Trace is gonna throw caution out the window and try anyway.
And shouldn't it be the comic for Sunday, January 9th?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#11 Post by Schrodinger »

Bardiclife wrote:
tony1695 wrote:I reckon Trace is gonna throw caution out the window and try anyway.
And shouldn't it be the comic for Sunday, January 9th?
It would seem that way, however, Tom is based on the East Coast, which is currently in the wee hours of Monday morning.
He's in Ohio, which is in the Eastern timezone, which would make this the comic for January 10th.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Unkowndeth
Templar Master

Re: Comic for Sunday January 9th

#12 Post by Unkowndeth »

The bottom of luara's feet are pink I don't know why but i didn't expect that. Well I think Trace can get help from Natani doesn't she/he have some mana crystals left?

tyber13
Templar Master

#13 Post by tyber13 »

Tom's been holdin' out on us boys. look't what we shook out of him. 3 comics in about a week don't seem like the average amount a guy like 'im would usually have. Wheres the comics, tom?

i wonder what he is going to do. Im asuming he is far from the basitin city, and not near any other cities. Will this cave be a part of the comic?
Tune in next time and find out soon!
Hi.

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#14 Post by PhycoKrusk »

Unkowndeth wrote:The bottom of luara's feet are pink I don't know why but i didn't expect that. Well I think Trace can get help from Natani doesn't she/he have some mana crystals left?
No, Natani does not. He used them all in the last battle.

More over, sorry everyone who is still saying otherwise, and sorry me who wishes it were otherwise, but Laura's fate is pretty much sealed at this point. It's a long way back to civilization from where they are, Trace has no magic to use (and he seems to realize it would be a terrible idea to use it. If he dies healing Laura, then she's stuck alone in the wilderness), and he wounds are certainly fatal. I don't see her surviving with no memory intact. I see her memory being completely intact, and perhaps sharing a few final words with Trace while he keeps desperately telling himself, "I can fix her! I can fix everything! I just need more time!"

It stands to teach Trace that sometimes, you can't fix everything. Even with magic. And that may be, for a man accustomed to having nearly unlimited power, the hardest lesson of all to learn.

asoban
New Citizen

#15 Post by asoban »

I'll be honest, it does not matter where he goes or if he even finds anyone. What matters is that he tries. I don't want Laura to die. (See siggy) However, despite how dangerous internal bleeding can be, it is not always fatal. Given that Nora said that she is slowly bleeding out, there is a better chance for her becuase there is more time for the body to repair it's self. If she dies, it will be because the pressure of blood, for a lack of a better word, crushed an organ. This is nice and dramatic so that she has the chance to wake up and have some nice tearful parting words with someone such as Keith.

However, I think it would be more dramatic for her to survive. Keith thinking that she is dead, is finally free to fall in love with Natani. It is some time before Trace and Laura meet up again with everyone else. At that time, they both know that they irrevocably love each other. The appearance of Laura causes a lot of drama because Natani and keith can't go back on loving each other and Keith never stopped loving Laura. This obviously causes friction between Laura and Natani becuase both of them want Keith and see the other as being better for him. Laura becuase she is kinder. Natani because she is more of a warrior like Keith. There is also tension between Keith and Laura because she left him all those years ago and although he's forgiven her his heart is still hurting. It also causes tension between Keith and Natani becuase they both know that Keith loves Laura and that love in a way comes first. However, as Natani and Laura work together they find that there is a bond between them besides Keith. Laura is attracted to Natani's strength and Natani to Larua's kindness and gentleness. This causes even more drama becuase even as Keith is learning to love Laura again, Laura begins to question if she loves Keith or just the idea of him. Natani for her part is confused becuase her mind tells her that she loves Laura while her body is telling her that she loves Keith. Keith thinking that he is losing Laura tries harder to woo her. So on and so forth until the three of them decide to sit down and have an open honest talk about their feelings. (I often wonder why people don't do this more often.) They determine that the three of them really all do love each other and they don't need to compete for love. This leads to a big wedding scene where they are married.

On a side note, last time Laura really got a good look at Trace was in 432. I think that they may be more involved then previously thought.
:laura: :keith: :natani: One True Threesome