Comic Jan 17 2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

Comic Jan 17 2011

#1 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

HA! I think I got it.

Wow, this is the first time I ever got to one first. Maybe.

(EDIT. Yes, I did get to it first AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH! Finally.)

And it seem the Keidran are not quite squeaky clean on the slavery practice either.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic Jan 17 2011

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

ALT TEXT: Keidran Slavery

Backstory hoooooo~!
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

This explains why the fox and dog tribes are fighting one another. Either Tom has this whole thing planned out, which I suspect is likely, or he’s good at making small references from past comics become much bigger.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

cliffpanther
Grand Templar
Location: In the central point of the Universe. Just like everyone else.

#4 Post by cliffpanther »

Well, if Keidran want to win, they have to unite!
Anyway, I am glad Tom started drawings owed comics, that will move the story forward...

SteelWings
Traveler
Location: Nelson City South Island of New Zealand, Southern Hemisphere Planet earth, Terran solar system

#5 Post by SteelWings »

I"m not sure if this has been brought up here in the forums before... It probibly has but I can't help but wonder anyway...

Why doesn't Trace :trace: just use one of Nora's :nora: Mana Crystal's that are growing on the walls of the cave to heal Laura :laura: before she dies?

If I may explain my train of curious thought? It was mentioned in one of the older forum posts that Mana Crystals form naturaly in area's when dragons sleep, and after they wake up and leave Humans or Keidran go in and mine out the crystals for the use of their spell casters.. (please correct me if I"m wrong on this, I hate being ignorent ^^)

Now I know Trace's powers don't work because the Tower explosion drained the whole island of magic.. except for the cave that is starting to form the mana crystals (if that is what the little blue glowing rock things are) So why doesn't Trace just pry one loose from the rocks and use it to heal Laura?.. Does he not know how to access stored Mana in a crystal? is the ability to use crystals a Keidran mage trait only? or is it like in FF7 when Aerith died and suddenly the phoenix downs didn't work? just a plot device to get rid of the character that could otherwise be saved?

Sorry I didn't mean to carry on so long with my little rant.. Love the update and I am on the edge of my seat to see what happens next :D :potatoes:
HELLO DEAR FRIEND MY NAME IS FRED, THE WORDS YOU HEAR ARE IN MY HEAD.
I SAY...I SAID MY NAME IS FRED, AND I'VE BEEN VERY
NAAAAAUUUUGHTY

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#6 Post by Sebbie »

I appreciate using Laura's narration as exposition, but she seems way too talkative for someone who's bleeding to death on the inside.

I do love how old and haggard she looks in the second panel, though.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#7 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

man...Tom is on FIRE! think he got some free time or something?

ALSO 4th panel Laura is just so adorable.

ALSO 4th panel there is a kedrian smoking a pipe, which rules.

ALSO i wonder if :mike: and :evals: know about the rivalry between their clans. i'd find it hard to believe that they could become so....*ahem* "close" if they did, so maybe not?
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

SteelWings
Traveler
Location: Nelson City South Island of New Zealand, Southern Hemisphere Planet earth, Terran solar system

#8 Post by SteelWings »

Bardiclife wrote:
SteelWings wrote:I"m not sure if this has been brought up here in the forums before... It probibly has but I can't help but wonder anyway...

Why doesn't Trace :trace: just use one of Nora's :nora: Mana Crystal's that are growing on the walls of the cave to heal Laura :laura: before she dies?
The same reason why most characters in movies and video games don't take the logical route in a disastrous event. It'd eliminate the need for delicious back story, shorten the movie or game, and be fairly boring.

:P
Yeah that logic works for me :D
HELLO DEAR FRIEND MY NAME IS FRED, THE WORDS YOU HEAR ARE IN MY HEAD.
I SAY...I SAID MY NAME IS FRED, AND I'VE BEEN VERY
NAAAAAUUUUGHTY

yojimbo
Apprentice

#9 Post by yojimbo »

Quote Trace, "They do? I had no idea..."

Really? No idea? It isn't like its that big of a surprise, considering...
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Catherine_Puce
Apprentice

#10 Post by Catherine_Puce »

I wonder if the dogs and wolves that do slave trading are paid in human slave. It would be logical since we know that keep human slaves and that will probably better that a fellow Keidran. A Keidran can run away and probably pass for an now enslaved Keidran easily. He know the forest and can navigate through it. Human won't be safe until he leave the forest. And except the mana crystal, what the keidran need that they cannot find in enough quantity in their territories.

Je doute beaucoup que la vente de Keidran aux humains se fait en pièces de monnaie.

S.P.P.

Revan
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Revan »

I am still wondering how far this Mineshaft goes?

Does it go all the way to the Mainland or does it stop at the Bottom of the Cliff?

lightmaster92
Templar

#12 Post by lightmaster92 »

Nice update. Considers the past and a bit more on how the Keidran act; even against their own kind.

Check out the story of Twokinds: Mana Burst
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13238

yojimbo
Apprentice

#13 Post by yojimbo »

Catherine_Puce wrote:I wonder if the dogs and wolves that do slave trading are paid in human slave. It would be logical since we know that keep human slaves and that will probably better that a fellow Keidran. A Keidran can run away and probably pass for an now enslaved Keidran easily. He know the forest and can navigate through it. Human won't be safe until he leave the forest. And except the mana crystal, what the keidran need that they cannot find in enough quantity in their territories.

Je doute beaucoup que la vente de Keidran aux humains se fait en pièces de monnaie.

S.P.P.
I doubt very seriously that fellow humans would be traded to the sub-human (human thinking of the 2k world) keidran. Maybe in rare instances this may occur, but over all, I would think this to be very rare indeed.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by FurryForlife »

There is just no getting around it for me... Laura is cute... But that is pretty interesting... Some of the blood must survive What was that!?
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Japaka
Citizen

#15 Post by Japaka »

SteelWings wrote:Why doesn't Trace :trace: just use one of Nora's :nora: Mana Crystal's that are growing on the walls of the cave to heal Laura :laura: before she dies?
Well, i think it's pretty simple, because Nora said that even she couldn't heal her, and that's something, so even if Trace used all the mana crystals it wouldn't be magic powerful enough to heal Laura, so he plans to use the Black Magic, that's is a lot more powerful. I think that's why.

Another thing is i also found it weird that Foxes and Wolves/Dogs are hostile to each other, cause i didn't understand how Mike and Evals knew each other from childhood. Maybe they were salves from birth and were bought by the same master?

This is getting interesting...
Want to know the meaning of life?
π = 3.14 = e.ip = pi.e
-π = PIE! The cake is a lie!