Comic for March 2, 2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AJ Wolf
Traveler

Comic for March 2, 2011

#1 Post by AJ Wolf »

Alt Text: "Reunion"

Aww, I don't really know which is sadder, Keith losing Laura or Laura dying.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

bluespart
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for March 2, 2011

#2 Post by bluespart »

My reaction:
Image x1000

Stygander
New Citizen

#3 Post by Stygander »

AJ Wolf wrote:Image

Aww, I don't really know which is sadder, Keith losing Laura or Laura dying.
alt text is Reunion

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Man, it's already starting to hurt. (;_;)
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

andrtan

#5 Post by andrtan »

Will killing Laura achieve anything?
i mean, Keith already has coped with the death of all he knew and decided to stay in his home, what will this dead scene do to him rather then make him even more desperate? and what was the point of Trace carrying here up all this way? to say goodbye? doesn't Natani have some spare shards to heal or something?

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by avwolf »

Thank goodness Laura is busily distracting Keith. That spares Trace at least a few awkward questions...for a few more minutes. And considering the state of Basitin medicine, Keith's being more than a little bit optimistic. Unless bandages really do heal everything. :P I kid, I kid, it's clear from his expression and words that it's a forced cheerfulness, that they both know very well that she's not going to make it, but Keith really doesn't want to admit it out loud.

Of course, as nice as the closure is for Laura, it's just going to further convince Keith that he inevitably causes the death of everyone that he cares about.
andrtan wrote:doesn't Natani have some spare shards to heal or something?
Natani ran out of mana crystals before the battle ended, necessitating the use of Laura's locket for the final shot that destroyed the Templar tower. Based on the effects of the magical implosion that Nora described, there aren't going to be any usable mana stones anywhere on the Basidian Isles. At least, certainly not anywhere near enough to the party to make any difference (and that's assuming Natani even knew how to use healing magics, which is pretty doubtful, as her training would have focused entirely on doing the opposite).

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Natani--Fan. »

I kinda could care less if she dies since I want Keith an Natani to be a couple, not Keith and Laura. But I do wish she doesn't have to die for that to happen.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by SirSlaughter »

AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH MAKE THE HURTING STOP!!!!!!! Don't do it... don't do it Tom!!! Noooooooooooooooo.

But as for art purposes... I absolutely love water in the second panel. Absolutely amazing. And the scene in panel 5 Is done just as well. The sun is beautiful the way it shines through the clouds Boy has tom improved since his earlier pages.

And now back to the rant: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why!? WHY!? :laura: can't let go just yet. She still has a lot to answer. And she can't just die... Though story wise it would be more in depth than just another survivor and complication in his life. Though as stated before me. Why must Keith suffer so much? He is taking some real emotional punishment lately. Poor dude.

MadMann135
Merchant

#9 Post by MadMann135 »

The only thing I can say is that she went out beautifully. A real tear jerking ending.
ImageImage

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Natani--Fan. »

N\Hey, wouldn't really suck if Trace used his dark magic to save but then he went completely evil and tried to kill every one.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#11 Post by Sebbie »

Wow, Tom draws water beautifully. Although, Laura's hand in the fourth panel looks like of awkward...

Ahem. Is this her final, definitive death? It certainly looks like she's fading in that last panel...
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

Nightfury
Templar Master

#12 Post by Nightfury »

Oh god this actually made me cry, but i can't look away. D: (;_;)

New to comics
Traveler

#13 Post by New to comics »

I think laura is going to die because like Nora said the wounds are fatal. Even if they do get her to the infirmary fatal means fatal... after all Nora seems wise.. although i think theres going to be a lot of discussion and revealed secrets on the way to her death. Either that or she just gives up taking her secrets with her.

Elio
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora,remi

#14 Post by Elio »

she can finally rest, which means she was forcing herself to stay alive till she says what she wants to Keith, in romantic view this is the best thing dying in the arms of the one you love and being there till you final moments, this also closes up some loose ties with nan due the other girl effect on laura and nan being at odds with each nan love Keith we all know it and she does show it{ just doesnt want to admit it to her/himself} so doing the death of laura will actually strengthen the bond between nan and keith even more because keith doesn't want to loose nan after loosing laura saying goodbye to loved one is painful to do.

but being there to show that you love them even in there time of passing is the best devotion of love you can give to one another..

Rest in Peace laura you was loved and your love helped Keith survive his banishment.

Sabourok
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Sabourok »

I wonder what'll happen next. Will Laura live or will the scene open up for Natani? I have my theories, but I'll keep them to myself.