The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

JCP Da Blitz
Templar Master

Comic March 23, 2011

#1 Post by JCP Da Blitz »

This can't be good for Scythe...
I fail at spell checking...-_-
JCP Da Blitz wrote:Da name is Da Blitz, JCP Da Blitz that is, and you have entered my arena. Get pwned then gtho.
MasterTemplar wrote:How could she betray Keith (;_;) XD
The ANWCU rocks on!!

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic March 23, 2011

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

yay first!

But anyways this was an awesome page. we got to watch tom go at it for a good 15 hours... but then a gain that did include playing hamngman with him

Tendo
Master

#3 Post by Tendo »

Anyone else get the feeling that the Templar will be just as bad as the Keidran to them?

JCP Da Blitz
Templar Master

#4 Post by JCP Da Blitz »

SirSlaughter wrote:yay first!

But anyways this was an awesome page. we got to watch tom go at it for a good 15 hours... but then a gain that did include playing hamngman with him
Actually, since I got the post w/ the page on it, that makes me 1st. XD

yada yada, enough of that. Wish I would have know about the stream. Definitely would have been there. :(
JCP Da Blitz wrote:Da name is Da Blitz, JCP Da Blitz that is, and you have entered my arena. Get pwned then gtho.
MasterTemplar wrote:How could she betray Keith (;_;) XD
The ANWCU rocks on!!

Cecil475

#5 Post by Cecil475 »

JCP Da Blitz wrote:Image
This can't be go for Scythe...
For Scythe, this is where pretending to be their Keidran slave is going to not only going to work out for him, but save his life as well. While the appearance of the Templar army is to be expected with the Keidran invasion, I can't help but to think that this does not bode well.

Then again, we sorta are supposed to be against the Templar, right? It's not like they've done anything worth cheering about?

- W

Riokan
Master

#6 Post by Riokan »

THAT was WAY awesome !!

watching over 10 hours how tom made the page was just great^^

and Ismael looks jsut super awesome and i still think due the yellow eyes that the seer got control over him ^^
The journey is the goal:
Life is the journey and living it is the goal, so live your life at its fullest so your journey is one you will remember it as worthy for yourself.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by avwolf »

Wow, the Templar at war are pretty impressive. Much better than the somewhat rag-tag bands of dudes in little more than robes or tunics that we've seen so far. I'm not sure this quite "out of the frying pan and into the fire," but it's probably something like going out of the frying pan and into another frying pan. Then again, who knows? The Templar lady might be quite nice and hearken back more to the original purpose of the Templar. Sure, it's unlikely, because it seems like most of the Templar we've seen fully bought into Trace's philosophies, but it's not impossible.
Cecil475 wrote:Then again, we sorta are supposed to be against the Templar, right? It's not like they've done anything worth cheering about?
Well, for many, many years, they protected Humans from the (often unprovoked) predations of the Wolves. They really only became truly corrupt and destructive under Trace. He is/was a very, very bad person.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#8 Post by AmigaDragon »

SirSlaughter wrote:we got to watch tom go at it for a good 15 hours...
Where do you guys keep finding his drawing schedule? It was never answered last time. Giving us the stream URL after the fact does nothing to tell us WHEN.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#9 Post by Schrodinger »

Tom spent 15 straight hours working on this, I hope you all appreciate the hard work he put into this.

This is the first time we've seen the Human army and my what an entrance, although I can't help but feel that this does not bode well for the B squad. I have the sneaking suspicion that the Templar plan to have the town listed as a total loss, i.e. no survivors.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

For some reason the Templar Army’s armor reminds me of the armor worn by the Imperial Legion from Oblivion. I also like the armor on the leader of this group. Probably just because it’s different from the other ones. Also is the leader and a man or woman?
Great, we have another character with an indefinable gender.
Tendo wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that the Templar will be just as bad as the Keidran to them?
I was getting that feeling too. If this happens, my guess for what will happen will be they think our heroes are the ones that helped the Wolf Keidran get past the defenses (seeing as how one of them is not trying to slaughter them or vice versa). Their faces will be wallpapered all over every major city (like our previous heroes faces were), and they can’t turn to the Humans or the Keidran for any help. Man, their adventure is going to suck. In fact, I think I should go as far say that this side story might be more interesting than the main one.

Also, the alternate text for this one is ‘The Templar are on the march’.
AmigaDragon wrote:
Where do you guys keep finding his drawing schedule? It was never answered last time. Giving us the stream URL after the fact does nothing to tell us WHEN.
Why don’t you try politely asking the man himself? It’s worth a shot, and it did get the okay to use one of my ‘Fan Pictures’.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Riokan
Master

#11 Post by Riokan »

AmigaDragon wrote:
oh we don't figure that out we always (or atlast i) have a tab or window open with the streaming page
The journey is the goal:
Life is the journey and living it is the goal, so live your life at its fullest so your journey is one you will remember it as worthy for yourself.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by SirSlaughter »

AmigaDragon wrote:
I posted another thread just for that. lets see if it gets stickied. i hope it does, and he doesn't have a schedule, he just ends up getting on and we start to watch and spread the word. though i think he normally does it the day before the comic needs to go out
Schrodinger wrote:Tom spent 15 straight hours working on this, I hope you all appreciate the hard work he put into this.
Oh trust me, i know i do... i know i do.

bluespart
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by bluespart »

I've been there for the whole sketching and question time, but unfortunately I had to leave when he started to ink. A great comic, I really like the look of the army. I predict Karen will embarass them in front of the templar army or Raine will transform. Either way, they'll be running for their lives. And it will be funny.
Schrodinger wrote:Tom spent 15 straight hours working on this, I hope you all appreciate the hard work he put into this.
How couldn't we appreciate the hard work, the tears and the sweat that Tom puts in each comic?

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by SirSlaughter »

bluespart wrote:I predict Karen will embarass them in front of the templar army or Raine will transform. Either way, they'll be running for their lives. And it will be funny.

I smell SHENANIGANS!!! This is gonna be bad.

Templar leader: who are you people?

:redhair: We escaped with our ... slave, the keidran were killing people at the village nearby

:sythe: ...

Templar leader: Ok well you should head to safe-

:raine:

Templar leader:...

Awkward moment

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by Talaisan »

Good job, Tom. I expect we're going to get another 'shades of gray' morality moment, when the evil, nasty templars turn out to be mostly good (for a humanocentric version of good, anyway) despite what we've seen of their leadership. The question of whether Scythe can play along well enough not to get them all killed is one troublesome point. The question of Raine... is another. There's a few scenarios I'm playing through in my mind that could expose her, and what if the (woman?) leader recognizes her as the former Grand Templar's missing daughter? She has her cuffs back on. That'll take some explaining. That's going to be a HUGE mess.

Also, that horse is creepy looking. DE seems the most reasonable and thoughtful person at the moment in group B. That's scary. And Karen's going to be hard to explain, especially if she pulls another 'Scythe is my daddy' act.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.