Comic for June 15, 2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AJ Wolf
Traveler

Comic for June 15, 2011

#1 Post by AJ Wolf »

Alt-text: "Finally leaving the island!"

Oh and I think there is a slight error in panel 6. "Don't be so sure we've seen [the last] of our wayward brother."
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for June 15, 2011

#2 Post by tony1695 »

That's obviously the lieutenant on the dock there, so we know that she's staying behind. There goes the whole "love-triangle" thing. *sigh*
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

I'm finding myself more and more curious about Lieutenant Blondie there. Anyone else feeling that? The art, as always, looks fantastic. That last panel especially fills me with a sense of hope for the future.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Cryptic4
Traveler

#4 Post by Cryptic4 »

Schrodinger wrote:I'm finding myself more and more curious about Lieutenant Blondie there. Anyone else feeling that? The art, as always, looks fantastic. That last panel especially fills me with a sense of hope for the future.
The more i see of her, the more i like her. I hope this isn't the last time we see her in the comic. Also, in the last panel, possibly foreshadowing epic battle to end all battles (and thus the comic)? Woe be the ones who find themselves against the Basitins on the fields of battle (Just as soon as they find a way to defend against those vile magics).

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

...Tom needs to draw some sunset-themed desktop backgrounds. Preferably in 1920x1080.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

AJ Wolf
Traveler

#6 Post by AJ Wolf »

Schrodinger wrote:I'm finding myself more and more curious about Lieutenant Blondie there. Anyone else feeling that?
^Oh absolutely.

On another note I have to say that I love the scenery that has been appearing in the last few panels. The purple/violet ocean and dazzling sunset have definitely added much to the scene/message.
Then there is also the added symbolism of the purple/violet water as purple is associated with someone seeking spiritual fulfillment, peace of mind, meditation; and violet being the color of purpose. So maybe Tom is foreshadowing that Keith (and others?) will use this time on the ship to meditate, clear their minds, and arrive with a sense of new purpose. But then again that's just my 2 cents =)
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#7 Post by Sean De Retro »

Nice sun set, it shows some of Tom’s art style is getting better.

Bye King Adelaide (;_;) .

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#8 Post by Sebbie »

AJ Wolf wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:I'm finding myself more and more curious about Lieutenant Blondie there. Anyone else feeling that?
^Oh absolutely.
I third this sentiment.

This page is packed with emotion; it's hopeful, melancholy, sad, and foreboding all at once (and probably some other emotions I can't think of at the moment). Beautiful sunset, as always.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

Does anyone else find it weird that when they first came to the island someone was watching them through a periscope, and now someone’s watching them leaving through a periscope?

I don’t know why but I kinda like Alabaster in the fifth panel. He just looks cool with that pipe for some reason.

My only complaint is the first panel. I know it’s only to show the ship taking off, but it just seems like a picture that was cut up to show the one person instead of both of them.

Also, does anyone have the original version of this comic. Due to the random update, I missed the original version and I kinda like to have it.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#10 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Totally loving the pipe on Alabaster Jr. :D

The last panel....is the queen predicting war?
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Tahiri
Merchant

#11 Post by Tahiri »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Totally loving the pipe on Alabaster Jr. :D

The last panel....is the queen predicting war?
Certainly, as humans have tried to exterminate them. I do not think Basitins will pass without doing anything.

AwesomeDon46
Traveler

#12 Post by AwesomeDon46 »

Finally leaving the island? Y'know, we thought the same with LOST, but guess what? They went back. 8T

Although,the music along with the scene seems rather fitting.

TheJ
Templar

#13 Post by TheJ »

Cryptic4 wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:I'm finding myself more and more curious about Lieutenant Blondie there. Anyone else feeling that? The art, as always, looks fantastic. That last panel especially fills me with a sense of hope for the future.
The more i see of her, the more i like her. I hope this isn't the last time we see her in the comic. Also, in the last panel, possibly foreshadowing epic battle to end all battles (and thus the comic)? Woe be the ones who find themselves against the Basitins on the fields of battle (Just as soon as they find a way to defend against those vile magics).
He's a her?

That's the third time I got the character's genders wrong.....

Anyways, the sunset looks amazing. And I found this on another webcomic site but don't know where to put this, so I'm gonna leave this here.

MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#14 Post by CrRAR »

'FLUMPH!'

The official sound of sails...and sudden transgender transmogrifications!

I could totally see lieutenant stalker girl setting off solo Jack Sparrow style, tiny dingy and all, after Keith. Would make a hilarious incentive. Oh, and don't forget the rum.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Zombie Fan
New Citizen

#15 Post by Zombie Fan »

B_Dog wrote:I could totally see lieutenant stalker girl setting off solo Jack Sparrow style, tiny dingy and all, after Keith. Would make a hilarious incentive. Oh, and don't forget the rum.
I see can see it now, Basitins of the carribean, i would pay to see that, also loving the sunset. Who thinks tom should do more sunsets?