Comic for July 06 2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for July 06 2011

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Just doing a little experimenting here.

Also, can we get a text-less version, please?
[Edit]
At 3:55 in the live ustream unsteddy wrote:Tom! Badmofo cheated! I think he uploaded a broken image and called "dibs" if you will!
Sorry, I just wanted to test something. Please don't kill me :(.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for July 06 2011

#2 Post by SirSlaughter »

How the hell did you manage to get it up so fast?

But anyway, the image did not load yet, I will read it tomorrow and so on so forth. But the chat was fun to get in on while it was being made as always.

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Natani--Fan. »

I don't think that's a good idea Evals, you home was raided by foxes for Gods sake! (I think)
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

xargon321

#4 Post by xargon321 »

he guessed the file name based on the way tom named them before and looks like he got it right!

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#5 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

BadMofo......you cheated....uploading a broken image before Tom uploaded the actual comic....

alt text is "4 years of slavery and seven years of bad luck"

Only four years Evals? I kinda want to know his story now...
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:BadMofo......you cheated....uploading a broken image before Tom uploaded the actual comic....
I said I was sorry. I only want to see if that would really work. As tempting as it might be, I’ll try not to do it again next time.
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Only four years Evals? I kinda want to know his story now...
Me too, I was under the impression that he had been a slave for much longer.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Moviedude18.0
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Moviedude18.0 »

Evals MAD!

EVALS SMASH!

(Swear to God that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read the middle panels. XD)

It seems I was spot on about those two; Evals wants freedom, and Mike is unsure. I feel sorry for both of them; Evals, for the situation he's in, and Mike, for not even being sure if he wants freedom. I think it's rather sweet though that Evals would be willing to let Mike live with him.

...IN A TOTALLY HETEROSEXUAL WAY, before any of you guys get certain ideas!
Image Image

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#8 Post by tony1695 »

Evals, smashing stuff is just going to draw attention to yourself. Stop for a moment and think.
And as for Mike... If you had been raised with one way of life, and had gotten so comfortable with it, would you take a different one if it was offered to you? I don't think I would. Mike's response is perfectly reasonable.
I think the 'mutiny' may be something to do with Mike and Evals falling out.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Ironworks »

Ya know, I never really did like Eric. With the last few pages in mind, more so.

Either way, I'm kind of hoping to hear a bit of backstory on Evals now as well. It'd be for a pretty interesting read to hear how he came into slavery and all. Also kind of hoping for these two ta break free, honestly. Don't know if Tom plans on doing another branch to follow in the story, but their escape'd be fun to follow.
Moviedude18.0 wrote:Evals MAD!

EVALS SMASH!
Re-reading the middle two panels is now hilarious. Thank you.

JMadoc
Master

#10 Post by JMadoc »

Do you even know where you're going to go with Mike in tow, Evals? Surely you're not going to repeat what Natani and Zen went through in their youths and become a pair of petty thieves, are you? :I

I still have reservations about Eric's latest behavior, but dear god I'm concerned about what kind of stupid act you might pull off if you don't calm down, at least for a minute.

Omniwrench8000
New Citizen
Location: The world of Gaia in Final Fantasy IX, fighting Kuja.

#11 Post by Omniwrench8000 »

Can't say I was surprised about the anger. However, like some of you mentioned, I am now interested how Evals became a slave as well (and I too was under the impression that he's been a slave for longer than 4 years). As for Mike, I wonder what it's been like for him growing up as one.
kitetsu wrote:Do you even know where you're going to go with Mike in tow, Evals? Surely you're not going to repeat what Natani and Zen went through in their youths and become a pair of petty thieves, are you? :I
I want to see them travel with :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: without :eric:. And I wonder what :kathrin: will do.

And let's not forget about the mysterious figure hiding in storage. As for Eric... we'll see. I'm rereading the comic now, and I'm unsure about him. He can be funny, but with the recent pages, I sort of hate him.
Did you know Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 knows Keith (Keiser)?

Tahiri
Merchant

#12 Post by Tahiri »

Omniwrench8000 wrote:Can't say I was surprised about the anger. However, like some of you mentioned, I am now interested how Evals became a slave as well (and I too was under the impression that he's been a slave for longer than 4 years). As for Mike, I wonder what it's been like for him growing up as one.
kitetsu wrote:Do you even know where you're going to go with Mike in tow, Evals? Surely you're not going to repeat what Natani and Zen went through in their youths and become a pair of petty thieves, are you? :I
I want to see them travel with :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: without :eric:. And I wonder what :kathrin: will do.

And let's not forget about the mysterious figure hiding in storage. As for Eric... we'll see. I'm rereading the comic now, and I'm unsure about him. He can be funny, but with the recent pages, I sort of hate him.

I do not think Eric will remain alone. Remember that Trace and the others are research, and he has help. His head had to be a price now.

Bart95
Templar Master

#13 Post by Bart95 »

"Go ahead, Rage quit! C'mon make us both happy!"

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#14 Post by Schrodinger »

Alt Text: 4 years of slavery and 7 years bad luck

I'm liking this new arc because it's giving us a broader picture of what the world is like. We can see that Eric is a nice guy whose profession is morally reprehensible, but that alone doesn't make him evil. It just makes him a business man in a world where enslaved Keidran are thought of more as livestock then sentient beings. And remember we've seen Eric protest the use of control spells because it "kills them inside" but we've seen only one of his slaves without one. That kind of hypocrisy and favoritism actually makes the character a little more realistic to me.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#15 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

When Evals said "For the first time, I don't have magic controlling my every action", I was a little confused. He has shown consistently in previous occasions before the tower went boom that he had at least a moderate degree of free will. The control spells don't seem to be as harsh as previously described, or perhaps we'll get some sort of twist ending where Eric reveals that 1-He never placed them(Unlikely, as Evals would have figured that out sooner), or 2-He placed a much weaker compulsion than normal(Also unlikely, for the same reasons.). The control spells were lifted when the tower exploded, yes?

Aside from that, why is everyone hating Eric for what he does? In this time and era, slavery is still considered 'normal', at least by humans and Keidran. Yes, slavery is wrong, but the civilizations are still in Pre-Slavery Eras, where it is considered to be somewhat acceptable.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.