Comic for July 13, 2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for July 13, 2011

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Alternate text says 'Culture Clash'.

I'm amazed I got this one without cheating.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Sean De Retro
Council Member

Re: Comic for July 13, 2011

#2 Post by Sean De Retro »

Places your bets people for how long it’ll take for Evals to start the Mutiny and for how many rum jokes we can make.

flame...
Master

#3 Post by flame... »

are they going to.. that.... one place where evey one els is going or are they going to jump out b4 they get there...

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

I find it amusing that Tom has Mike in an obviously African grasslands setting. It'd make more sense to have him in a forest. Still, it drives home the point.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#5 Post by Sage Asuka »

I'm actually finding this whole interaction wonderfully interesting. Poor Mike though. He really would be at a huge disadvantage. And Evals is too busy trying to 'bash' his view rather than offer to lead them both through it. Narrow minded determination I guess would be the best phrase.
Image Image Image Image

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#6 Post by JediGuy »

tony1695 wrote:I find it amusing that Tom has Mike in an obviously African grasslands setting. It'd make more sense to have him in a forest. Still, it drives home the point.
I believe that's Mike's own representation of how he thinks living life on the land would be.

That said, I find a meek Mike with a spear incredibly amusing. Don't know why; probably because I can't honestly see him using it.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#7 Post by tony1695 »

JediGuy wrote:
tony1695 wrote:I find it amusing that Tom has Mike in an obviously African grasslands setting. It'd make more sense to have him in a forest. Still, it drives home the point.
I believe that's Mike's own representation of how he thinks living life on the land would be.

That said, I find a meek Mike with a spear incredibly amusing. Don't know why; probably because I can't honestly see him using it.
I can imagine it now, him dropping the spear and running, tail between his legs, a high-pitched squeal coming from his mouth...
We have to see that now.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#8 Post by Sean De Retro »

tony1695 wrote:
JediGuy wrote:

I can imagine it now, him dropping the spear and running, tail between his legs, a high-pitched squeal coming from his mouth...
We have to see that now.
I agree of this idea, we need to see it.

Joetruck
Apprentice

#9 Post by Joetruck »

JediGuy wrote:That said, I find a meek Mike with a spear incredibly amusing. Don't know why; probably because I can't honestly see him using it.
I emailed Tom suggesting him to make a proper art piece about it for his DeviantArt, it was that funny for me :D
ImageImage

My Deviantart page :3

Xbox: Joetruck117
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Joetruck <-- I encourage you to add me!

Jase1505

#10 Post by Jase1505 »

Oh, THIS is going to be fun.

C'mon you two, usurp the cursed slavery you've been thrown into! BE FREEEE! :evals: x :mike:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11 Post by BadFoMo »

Would anyone consider me weird for thinking that Mike looks cute (and strangely feminine) in a loin cloth?

Also, is it just me or does Evals look like he has a goatee in the fifth panel?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

bigro
Grand Templar

#12 Post by bigro »

BadFoMo wrote:Would anyone consider me weird for thinking that Mike looks cute (and strangely feminine) in a loin cloth?

Well...he is taking a stand....and thats manly....hence the spontaneous facial hair....gotta love gogus logic :D

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#13 Post by Sean De Retro »

BadFoMo wrote:Would anyone consider me weird for thinking that Mike looks cute (and strangely feminine) in a loin cloth?

It does look a bit like a goatee and his eye in the 6th panel looks good as well.

Archer

#14 Post by Archer »

Mike might have the grasslands wrong but I think he has the right idea, in an actual tribe Mike would have little to offer them and probably wouldn't last long. And thats not to say anything about whether or not Evals' tribe is currently peaceful with the tribe Mike would go to. (Fox/Hounds *cough* seems perfectly safe right?)

*sigh* Evals.....bravo, great job trying to reinforce the idea that kiedran need to be mind controlled or else their first reactions to being around humans is to violently murder them. "Hmm, my owner seems like a sane honorable man and we risked our lives willingly to help him even without mind control. The first thing I should do is GUT HIM LIKE A FISH!" A brilliant move indeed......

And I know "But Eric is a slave trader!" Yes but he's a good man, perverted, but good. When he figured out what the templars were attempting to do to the Bastians he risked his own life to stop it. If he learned that even without mind control his servants were willing to risk their lives for him in return it might start to change his view even more on things. Nothing will change though if Evals kicks down his door with a knife and goes, "I'm finally free! FREE TO KILL!" For the moment though this is all up in the air until we see how Eric reacts/if they will ever even tell him about the lack of mind control making them put themselves on the line for them.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#15 Post by Schrodinger »

Sage Asuka wrote:I'm actually finding this whole interaction wonderfully interesting. Poor Mike though. He really would be at a huge disadvantage. And Evals is too busy trying to 'bash' his view rather than offer to lead them both through it. Narrow minded determination I guess would be the best phrase.
You might have hit the nail on the head there Asuka. Evals is gone to the world now. No one is bringing him back unless they beat some sense into him.
What was it the spider said to the fly...