Comic for 8/31/11

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

darkstar984
Merchant

Comic for 8/31/11

#1 Post by darkstar984 »

Alt text: Averting disaster.

Averting disaster, or walking straight into it?

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for 8/31/11

#2 Post by PhycoKrusk »

Almost beat you to it. Oh well.

I wish to comment that for a supposedly professional assassin, Natani is really, really bad at being inconspicuous.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Kathrin is just too cute.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Fraggranaut
New Citizen

#4 Post by Fraggranaut »

Natani wrote:No-no-no stop!
Smoooooth Natani. A tad of an over-reaction.

Is it just me, or is there something subtly different about Kat's face now? Probably just me. Still, nice update. Can't wait to for next week to see what happens next, as always.
Formerly Fraggrnark until events made the email address linked to it unaccessible & I forgot the password to the account here. Opps.

darkstar984
Merchant

#5 Post by darkstar984 »

Fraggranaut wrote:Is it just me, or is there something subtly different about Kat's face now? Probably just me. Still, nice update. Can't wait to for next week to see what happens next, as always.
It does seem a bit different. Don't quote me on this, but I think there's something new about her eyes, too tired to go back and look.
PhycoKrusk wrote:Almost beat you to it. Oh well.

I wish to comment that for a supposedly professional assassin, Natani is really, really bad at being inconspicuous.
I must've gotten lucky then, I just came by to refresh and see if there was anything new before going to sleep.

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#6 Post by Sebbie »

Haha, I like the heart on Kat's apron.

I wonder, has the metalworking in the TwoKinds world developed to the point of being able to produce good-quality metal needles, or are they made of bone?
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

AlfaWskyDlta
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by AlfaWskyDlta »

Can the apron be a recurring character?
Fuzzle wrote:Alfaw...Alfydiys...A...Hard to remember name guy

Aerosho
New Citizen

#8 Post by Aerosho »

Heh, oh come on Natani stop being such a gi-wait.... Now I half expect her to get stuck with the needle as she is sewing it.
What is your major malfunction brother?

Delta
Citizen

#9 Post by Delta »

Sebbie wrote:Haha, I like the heart on Kat's apron.

I wonder, has the metalworking in the TwoKinds world developed to the point of being able to produce good-quality metal needles, or are they made of bone?
I just had to quote you on that one, I first noticed that super cute and innocent look on Kat's face when she wondered why Natani wouldn't remove her (yes I said her) robes. Then I noticed the heart on the apron. Nice touch tom. As far as metalworking, I don't believe we have seen extremely accurate or fine metalwork on a miniature scale, beyond that of a small dagger, or piece of jewelry. But I do recall, that Keidran burn their dead, and scatter the ashes to aid the return to the earth as Natani spoke, however I suppose they could use the bones of other animals if they wanted to. Just a thought. I look forward to the next one! :kathrin: :natani: :mrgreen:

"teeth" did you find a way to change your name, or did you make a new account and rethink things? (giggle)

Sneaking_fur
Citizen

#10 Post by Sneaking_fur »

Fraggranaut wrote: Is it just me, or is there something subtly different about Kat's face now? Probably just me. Still, nice update. Can't wait to for next week to see what happens next, as always.
I think it is the nose ridge that used to be there, but I'm not sure. It could also be a change in the length of the face. There is something different though, but I'm having trouble finding good face-shots of Kat.

Someone please let me know if you figure it out. :)

kitsune-sama
Master
Location: In Canterlot's symphony hall, performing for the equestrian nobility.

#11 Post by kitsune-sama »

Kathrin wrote:"Alright, I'm set! Now, take off your robes!"
And I must open up transportation to the perv-planet once again. ****.

Anyway, going on with the question at hand...

Kat's first appearance
Kat's appearance mid-Basitin
Kat offering Trace massage
Kat post-Basitin

OneDay
Citizen

#12 Post by OneDay »

Wow Natani. Good job there. cause guys are often all like "take off my robes? ARHGRUGIRGURHRIGHIURGIRIURHRIHURGRHRIURHIGRHIUR%#$@%$#!#@!$#"

Also I'm loving this theme of Kat. :3
I wrote an 19,000 word MLP FiM Horror Fanfic that doesn't focus entirely on gore for the horror!

"Under the Apple Trees"
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3140/Un ... pple-Trees

Also see that Profile Picture? I did that.

Sneaking_fur
Citizen

#13 Post by Sneaking_fur »

kitsune-sama wrote: And I must open up transportation to the perv-planet once again. ****.

Anyway, going on with the question at hand...

Kat's first appearance
Kat's appearance mid-Basitin
Kat offering Trace massage
Kat post-Basitin
Thanks man! The change from the original Kat to the more modern Kat seems to be in the shading, but I still can't put my finger on what looks new in the most recent comics :? . Oh well, thanks again Kitsune!

kitsune-sama
Master
Location: In Canterlot's symphony hall, performing for the equestrian nobility.

#14 Post by kitsune-sama »

I've got a few things to notice.

1. Kat's hair. We all know it's in a ponytail, but Panel 2 is the first time that's really stood out for me. Also, her hair seems to be shorter compared to her first appearance, possibly to take out the whole "drawing hair or rest of the eye" deal that can just look weird if not done properly.

2. Her eyes. We've been getting a lot of close-up shots that detail the eyes - Evals is the most recent.

3. Her nose - or rather, the bridge. Because her eyes have shifted to a more conventional anime style compared to the realistic appearance in her first comic, the bridge of her nose is much narrower.

4. Kat has a lot more spots. Just look at her now in panels 1, 2, and 4. Now look at her back here.

Overall, though, I'd say what makes Kat look so different is that this is the sexiest we've seen her - and we've seen her nude. So, people begin to notice some of the finer points of her physical appearance, and catch onto things they didn't notice earlier.

Nightfury
Templar Master

#15 Post by Nightfury »

I think her face is more angular now.

The apron looks...tight...o_o;

I get the feeling Kat might accidentally tear Nat's bandages when she's trying to sew. Wouldn't put it past her. Then Nat/Kat massage~