Comic for 9/21/2011

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Comic for 9/21/2011

#1 Post by CrRAR »

EDIT, Double header!

:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

attackofseth

Re: Comic for 9/21/2011

#2 Post by attackofseth »

Sweet! Great work Tom!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by avwolf »

...Why is Natani grabbing her hair flirtatiously? I don't know what to think about that. :P

It's about time you confronted your illiteracy, Natani. Keith can read just about anything you put in front of them, Kat and Trace are both literate in Human writing, and everybody else can read Keidran (and Eric can read both Human and Keidran). Time to get you some education! After all, it certainly wouldn't hurt your chances with Keith.

-- I'm sure --
It's the "experience anything you wanted" part that gets Kat. I don't know if she'd do a lot of travelling (well, frankly, she probably would, since there's a bit of a love of adventure coming through here, but she'd do it with Eric rather than alone, I'm sure), but she'd definitely like to see how life'd be like if she wasn't just a pet to Eric and was a little more of an equal.

JMadoc
Master

#4 Post by JMadoc »

I wonder if this is going to make Kat into a catalyst for the mutiny advertised in the chapter cover.

Yeah, I know, that cover may as well be a lie, but still.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#5 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Looks like we've got some internal conflict rumbling within Kat.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

You know, Natani, being able to read might help increase your chances of avoiding situations where your secret could be revealed. You should totally go for it.

Also, the look on Kathrin's face on the last panel of the second comic just says it all. She’s practically in the same boat as Mike, they were both born into slavery, but where Mike doesn’t know what he do with his freedom if he left, Kathrin doesn’t want to leave.

Also, the altered texts for the comics are,
‘Double comics!’ for the first one.
‘Two for the price of one!’ for the second one.

P.S. I was wondering, when Tom would get around to working on the bonus comics.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

victorymon
Master

#7 Post by victorymon »

ouch, looks like Natani hit a weak spot from Kat. Nat just wanted to... be nice and change the subject somehow but this was the wrong path
Denken hilft zwar, nützt aber nichts
***;)***
Hey everymon, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/
and here I am in my Fur-Suit (as a Werewolf) http://2kinds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#8 Post by TinyVoices »

I like this page. I'm happy to be a part of it. :grin:

Double whammy though, eh? We get to peer a little into Nat's soul, while also getting a glimmer of doubt in Kat's. I like this. Very refreshing, compared to the recent mostly-fanservice pages. The double page especially excites me. |D

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#9 Post by primalcaller ergos »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Looks like we've got some internal conflict rumbling within Kat.
indeed. seems to be quite the factor there...
kitetsu wrote:I wonder if this is going to make Kat into a catalyst for the mutiny advertised in the chapter cover.

Yeah, I know, that cover may as well be a lie, but still.
my skills in precongnition are showing that.... this is a distinct possibility.
(heh, can't say for sure though, what with how time is and all...)

oh well, at least it seems that kat is actually going to do something now... (yay!)

i shall also point out that this is yet even further evidence supporting my stockholm syndrome theory,
as it seems that eric really does treat kat nice enough that her actually genuinely liking him is...actually rather reasonable.
i mean, literacy? dignity? actually being rather decent to her? not that bad really. (only reason i refrain from slaying :eric: really)
(mmm....meh, not nearly as nice as i'd be to kat, but still much better than nothing i suppose.....)
avwolf wrote:...Why is Natani grabbing her hair flirtatiously? I don't know what to think about that. :P

It's about time you confronted your illiteracy, Natani. Keith can read just about anything you put in front of them, Kat and Trace are both literate in Human writing, and everybody else can read Keidran (and Eric can read both Human and Keidran). Time to get you some education! After all, it certainly wouldn't hurt your chances with Keith.

-- I'm sure --
It's the "experience anything you wanted" part that gets Kat. I don't know if she'd do a lot of travelling (well, frankly, she probably would, since there's a bit of a love of adventure coming through here, but she'd do it with Eric rather than alone, I'm sure), but she'd definitely like to see how life'd be like if she wasn't just a pet to Eric and was a little more of an equal.
hmm... i have no idea what you mean avvy....

agreed. nat should pick me, i'm a great teacher!

hmm...quite. she does honestly enjoy eric's company.
BadFoMo wrote:You know, Natani, being able to read might help increase your chances of avoiding situations where your secret could be revealed. You should totally go for it.
even more reason to go for it! (great thinking, that should convince nat)

although.... now i could see keith opting to teacher her...
could make for some good times... :wink:
victorymon wrote:ouch, looks like Natani hit a weak spot from Kat. Nat just wanted to... be nice and change the subject somehow but this was the wrong path
hmm.... quite the curious factor there, isn't it?
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

Oh dear, oh dear. Seem our cute little Kathrin has a secret.... She does care for Eric, that is apparent, but she also wants to explore the world. See all the things she's read about in her books.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Shiru
Apprentice

#11 Post by Shiru »

Before worrying about learning how to read, Natani should really learn how to speak human properly... I mean, sure, she's got Keith and Flora to translate, but it's still been quite inconvenient on several occasions. I also have to wonder how the wolf tribe expects her to properly stalk Trace when she can't understand anything he says at all.

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#12 Post by Sebbie »

Exposition on Kat!

Y'know, it's scenes like this where I wish Kat weren't used for fan service so much. I mean, she obviously has a thirst for knowledge and the ability to attain it, and (besides her naïveté) she's quite intelligent, but all of those awesome character traits are downplayed to make her into eye candy and a vomitably cute character. I have no problem with the occasional cuteness, but I'd like to see a deeper, more serious Kat start being developed.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

SubtleSmoke
Citizen

#13 Post by SubtleSmoke »

Interesting.. Two pages, and it appears we've finally got some character development for Kathrin so she might end up being something more than innocent fanservice girl. About frelling time, I don't care for totally one-sided fanservice characters. They're really just ballast, if you think about it.
Why So Serious?

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#14 Post by primalcaller ergos »

Sebbie wrote:Exposition on Kat!

Y'know, it's scenes like this where I wish Kat weren't used for fan service so much. I mean, she obviously has a thirst for knowledge and the ability to attain it, and (besides her naïveté) she's quite intelligent, but all of those awesome character traits are downplayed to make her into eye candy and a vomitably cute character. I have no problem with the occasional cuteness, but I'd like to see a deeper, more serious Kat start being developed.
seconded. particularily on that last part. (though i think a good balance of both would work quite nicely as well.....90/10-thinking/cute ratio maybe? {respectively that is })
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#15 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

DUBBLE COMIC ALL THA WAAY!!! (yuss I made that reference before anyone else :kathrin: )

Clever Natani to change the subject...i'm pretty sure Kat's forgotten all about the bandages now
Sebbie wrote:Exposition on Kat!

Maybe that's what's happening now. I can see Eric letting Kat go free if she asked nicely, he doesn't treat her like other slaves...perhaps she'll even become a permanent member of group A!!!

Don't anyone contradict that and ruin this for me!!!

p.s. why the hell is Natani calling her spot's? That seems kinda unnatural for me...
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage