Moderator: Moderators

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

Comic for october 19 2011

#1 Post by emmy »

...Poor mike.

Also, what? two comics in three days?

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for october 19 2011

#2 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Oh cool! He made up for it! Good on ya Tom :mrgreen:

Also poor Mike...first basitin black magic, then Evals's plan of rebellion now this...he must spend his life constantly confused :P
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

It took him so long to get the last one up and he was still able to get this one up on time? Wow.
I don’t know why, but for some reason Mike looks not as shocked or surprised. He looks more like “Uh? What was that?”

Also, the alternate text for this one is “Flora’s dilemma”.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

BlackstripeTiger
Apprentice

#4 Post by BlackstripeTiger »

Guess i can say the cat's out of the bag :mrgreen:

Flora just discovered a rule in talking to herself, make sure no one can see (or hear) you. This leads to the question how long Mike has been standing there but its most likely he just passed by when she said it because he is all like Who, me?. That is unless panel 4 were thoughts.
On the good side, she could've gotten worse, like Keith or Nat (omg that poor 'guy') or the mysterious barrel person

Thanks Tom, you're an awesome guy for finishing these two pages. Be sure not to cause yourself a burnout by making up for missed updates due to problems that are not exactly your fault (everyone forgets to save every now and then).

DeviantArt

Mew? "Little One"? Who's that? Flora, comic 543

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Mike is the father! Its now Canon! :D
/jk

I guess Flora didn't realize how much time passed as she pondered to herself. Poor Mike, at least this time Flora made it easier by saying not him; he's going through a lot now.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

Is it just me, or does the “Sigh…” in the first panel seem a little off centered and does Mike’s mouth look a little lower than it should be?

I like the lighting in the second panel and the way the light is shining through the window onto the bed, but some of the shadows that curve don’t look all that smooth to me. Also, if the light from the window is where it is where’s the rest of the light coming from? It seems too bright out to have an alternative light source going on inside.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Nazarov »

Awesome, the last panel made my day :D
I'm curious Mike begins to gossip. Wouldn't be good if Trace find out Flora's secret from Mike.

Sparky1123
Apprentice

#8 Post by Sparky1123 »

It always happens to Mike :P
I'm feeling slightly uneasy, Flora is going to drop the bomb and Trace seems to be about to do something stupid with magic, nothig good can come ofthis, can it?
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.
William Shakespeare

ImageImage
Help dragon 5? :)

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Is it just me, or does it seem that Tom is playing around with different styles for Flora's stripes? I think he's trying to fade them into her orange fur.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Hoppy »

BadFoMo wrote:Is it just me, or does the “Sigh…” in the first panel seem a little off centered and does Mike’s mouth look a little lower than it should be?

I like the lighting in the second panel and the way the light is shining through the window onto the bed, but some of the shadows that curve don’t look all that smooth to me. Also, if the light from the window is where it is where’s the rest of the light coming from? It seems too bright out to have an alternative light source going on inside.
I think the "Sigh" looks off center because of the "...", and I think Mike is supposed to look that way cuz it kinda shows him to look more 'surprised', imo.
You're right about the shadows not being as smooth, but that's so minor I'm certainly not going to quibble!
As for the light sources, from the shadows, I think one window is open, and another is closed. Or maybe one just doesn't have 'crosshatch' bracing? Anyway, as for another lightsource, it may be a mirror reflecting it. Just guessing.
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

Cornelius
Traveler

#11 Post by Cornelius »

Wow!
The last panel really made my day!

Did anyone notice, that Flora is so DAMN cute in the first (and second) panel!!!?
Well, Mike... you really seem to have a sense of getting into... situations :grin: :grin: :grin:
And, whoever said that... i think Mike's mouth is a bit lower than it usually is, to show how surprised he is!

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#12 Post by Kinuki »

Shufflers and fic writers wrote:Oh exploitable
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Darkfur
Master

#13 Post by Darkfur »

Awk-Ward! :flora:
it'd be funny if flora tells mike her situation and he's like "Lol i had a similar problem, i was a chick for a week."

But nice, 2 comics in 3 days! :potatoes:
Lurk moar.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#14 Post by TinyVoices »

Good job not yelling at yourself, Flora. :roll:

If you're going to talk to yourself, better make sure it's in a quieter voice, and that the door is closed. :P

Lol, Mike gets confused so often. But now he might use this against her. :(

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Donnellson86 »

You know I wonder if Mike or Evals ever turn to the other and say, "This is another fine mess you've gotten us into."

Kudos to the person who recognizes the reference.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story