Comic for February 8, 2012

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for February 8, 2012

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

RandomGamer92
Council Member

Re: Comic for February 8, 2012

#2 Post by RandomGamer92 »

... You know, this makes me wonder just what types of and how many books Kathrin has read.

On another note, did anyone else laugh at panel 2?

SteelWings
Traveler
Location: Nelson City South Island of New Zealand, Southern Hemisphere Planet earth, Terran solar system

#3 Post by SteelWings »

Anticlimatic but stilll awesome none the less :3

Love Natani's inner monolog in the second pannel hehehe :3

Props to Tom for not making this page the obvious fan service one it could have been ^.^ I can't wait to see what happens next :3

:natani:
HELLO DEAR FRIEND MY NAME IS FRED, THE WORDS YOU HEAR ARE IN MY HEAD.
I SAY...I SAID MY NAME IS FRED, AND I'VE BEEN VERY
NAAAAAUUUUGHTY

elitenoobboy
Traveler

#4 Post by elitenoobboy »

I am still not understanding what is stopping her from acting out her thoughts from the second panel. It's not like she is gonna have a better opportunity. Go for it!

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#5 Post by PhycoKrusk »

I- hm. I don't know how to feel about this. I really, really don't. On the one hand, cool, positive message, and it does sort of give legitimacy to my insisting on referring to Natani with male pronouns.

On the other, this feels like it was shoehorned in. Uncomfortably.

Silentdeath
Master

#6 Post by Silentdeath »

there is always a time and place to beat mike up and now is not the time to beat him up. We all know natani is a trained assassin and can kill mike in his sleep without leaving a single sign saying it was her/him/it. I'm confused now i know he is a she so lets call her an it for now.
Welcome to Hell. I hope you enjoy your stay here with us cause you're dead and can't leave at all
Image Image ImageImage
Got a problem with that? Take it up with my undead army!

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#7 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Wait a second... it's still Tuesday on my end, unless Tom's clock is 2 hours fast.

Comic Topic: Revelation! Guess Natani doesn't feel quite as alone now.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Ironworks »

PhycoKrusk wrote:I- hm. I don't know how to feel about this. I really, really don't. On the one hand, cool, positive message, and it does sort of give legitimacy to my insisting on referring to Natani with male pronouns.

I was going to comment, but yours summarizes my thoughts better.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

I am surprised at how Kathrin is so understanding in this whole situation. I was expecting her to somehow be sympathetic and understanding towards her out of kindness, but her actually knowledgeable about this sort of thing I did not see coming. Also, is it just me or does she look a tad intimidating in the first panel?

By the way, the alternate text for this one is ‘How many other soul linked siblings could be there?’
I don’t think this is phrased correctly.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#10 Post by Sebbie »

...yes. Kat, I love you!
PhycoKrusk wrote:I- hm. I don't know how to feel about this. I really, really don't. On the one hand, cool, positive message, and it does sort of give legitimacy to my insisting on referring to Natani with male pronouns.

I may be biased because the point Kat's making is the one I've been arguing on these forums for years, but I'm very glad this point is being acknowledged in canon. It doesn't feel forced, and it finally makes Kat do something useful. I mean, here we've been discussing what Natani will do when his secret is revealed and that it would be a total shock to him, but we'd never considered the possibility of easing Natani into it by making him aware of the fact that he's not alone.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by avwolf »

"Human: Sever the spine at the third cervical vertebra. Death is instantaneous." Gosh, what movie is Tom referencing there? Argh, I should know the name, what was it...

I...wasn't expecting Kat to be aware of gender confused (or gender disguised?) individuals. But this may very well help Natani realize she's not hopelessly messed up. I mean, there are documented cases of people in situations not utterly unlike Natani's, she's not completely alone any longer. Well-played, Tom, I didn't see how you were going to pull this off, and I give credit to those who thought it'd work out.
PhycoKrusk wrote:On the other, this feels like it was shoehorned in. Uncomfortably.
I'd agree that gender dysphoria seems really...odd for them to recognize and document in the setting, but having people dress and live like they're the opposite sex with the truth only coming out at their death wouldn't really be out of place. It happened with fair regularity in our own history, after all.
BadFoMo wrote: the way, the alternate text for this one is ‘How many other soul linked siblings could be there?’
I Don’t think this is phrased correctly.
It should be "How many other soul linked siblings could there be?" Tom spoonerized the "be" and "there."

Alvin-Earthworm
Apprentice

#12 Post by Alvin-Earthworm »

Well, that was certainly anticlimactic. :natani: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuCe7hV6Xro :natani:
Oh well. it's not like there are other more important matters that need to be addressed. Like who tried to set fire to the ship. Evals being accused of treason by Eric. Flora being pregnant and Trace's hand. Nope. Those don't hold a candle to Natani hogging the story.

Tom
The Artist

#13 Post by Tom »

avwolf wrote:
BadFoMo wrote: the way, the alternate text for this one is ‘How many other soul linked siblings could be there?’
I Don’t think this is phrased correctly.
It should be "How many other soul linked siblings could there be?" Tom spoonerized the "be" and "there."
Whoops! Fixed.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#14 Post by Sable Dove »

Good save, Tom. While I still think a less fan-servicey reveal would have been more appropriate, this appears to have been handled rather well. While not my ideal turnout, it's still good. I await further developments.
avwolf wrote:"Human: Sever the spine at the third cervical vertebra. Death is instantaneous." Gosh, what movie is Tom referencing there? Argh, I should know the name, what was it...
I'm not sure, but it sounds like either an episode of Star Trek, or one of the movies. I recall the person saying something similar about Klingons, since their 'sweet spot' is different from a human's.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Calan

#15 Post by Calan »

BadFoMo wrote:I am surprised at how Kathrin is so understanding in this whole situation. I was expecting her to somehow be sympathetic and understanding towards her out of kindness, but her actually knowledgeable about this sort of thing I did not see coming.
You didn't expect Kat to know these things after reading Eric's books?

You apparently haven't ever been to Fakku.