Moderator: Moderators

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: May 2, 2012

#106 Post by RedDwarfIV »

BadFoMo wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:...am I the only one that thinks that Eric may not oblivious to Kathrin’s love for him and he said that for her own good? Think about it, he might be thinking that she wants to stay with him, but he knows that relationships like that never work out and she should find a more suitable mate.
Mmmmmaybe. But Shirley there must be a less horribly brutal way of doing it then sister-zoning her like that.
There probably is, but perhaps he couldn’t think of a better way to do it.
I thought of another reason Eric might have done that. Hopping what he said would make Kathrin angry and never want to see him again, she would have been motivated to get out of there and into the world. This plan does have some flaws in it (like if she can’t make it in out there, she won’t have anything to fall back on), but he may not have thought of that.
I don't think it sounds that way. If it was, we would probably have had a sketch where Eric is thinking to himself. Another flaw is that Kat will probably stay with him anyway, and her romance target will move on.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#107 Post by TinyVoices »

RedDwarfIV wrote:and her romance target will move on.
:potatoes: "Now's the time to make my move."

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#108 Post by RedDwarfIV »

TinyVoices wrote:
RedDwarfIV wrote:and her romance target will move on.
:potatoes: "Now's the time to make my move."
And lo, Kat falls for the suave Captain Potatoes.
ImageImageImage

TheJ
Templar

#109 Post by TheJ »

I believe this is what they call "accidental post-relationship mental incest".
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#110 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

BadFoMo wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:...am I the only one that thinks that Eric may not oblivious to Kathrin’s love for him and he said that for her own good? Think about it, he might be thinking that she wants to stay with him, but he knows that relationships like that never work out and she should find a more suitable mate.
Mmmmmaybe. But Shirley there must be a less horribly brutal way of doing it then sister-zoning her like that.
I thought of another reason Eric might have done that. Hopping what he said would make Kathrin angry and never want to see him again, she would have been motivated to get out of there and into the world. This plan does have some flaws in it (like if she can’t make it in out there, she won’t have anything to fall back on), but he may not have thought of that.
Do you think Eric wants her to leave? If he doesn't know NOW about her feelings for him, then why would he know about her desire to see the world? 'Sides, he's pretty selfish generally, and she's a very useful sort-of slave.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#111 Post by BadFoMo »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
Do you think Eric wants her to leave? If he doesn't know NOW about her feelings for him, then why would he know about her desire to see the world? 'Sides, he's pretty selfish generally, and she's a very useful sort-of slave.
Sorry, I should have worded that better. What I meant was, he wanted to make her want to get out there and have a life that she would be better off with instead of wasting what she has left with him (who can’t give her what she should/might want to have).

Also, what do you mean he's pretty selfish? I must have overlooked that part of the story.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#112 Post by RedDwarfIV »

BadFoMo wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Mmmmmaybe. But Shirley there must be a less horribly brutal way of doing it then sister-zoning her like that.
Sorry, I should have worded that better. What I meant was, he wanted to make her want to get out there and have a life that she would be better off with instead of wasting what she has left with him (who can’t give her what she should/might want to have).

Also, what do you mean he's pretty selfish? I must have overlooked that part of the story.
:eric: What the Templar is doing is evil! And I must do everything in my power to fight for what I consider to be right!
:laura: Wow! So noble!
:eric: Because no Basitins means no Basitin women! And I can't let that happen!

- An example of Eric being selfish.
ImageImageImage

BaronVictor
Citizen

#113 Post by BaronVictor »

RedDwarfIV wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:There probably is, but perhaps he couldn’t think of a better way to do it.

:eric: What the Templar is doing is evil! And I must do everything in my power to fight for what I consider to be right!
:laura: Wow! So noble!
:eric: Because no Basitins means no Basitin women! And I can't let that happen!

- An example of Eric being selfish.
I'm not exactly sure if that would qualify as selfishness. He's not really trying to take any sort of advantage of the situation, for his own gains. He's doing a noble thing for ignoble reasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it would carry over to the sort of almost malicious sort of selfishness, implied in the "she's a very useful sort-of slave," considering we've never seen that sort of attitude from him towards her.

I personally think he's just an oblivious moron, and that's it. I think Eric seems perfectly capable of formulating some sort of master plan like this, but I don't see him as the type to manipulate Kat, even if it is for her own good.
I don't mean to brag, but I can make the Kessel Run in only 11 parsecs.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#114 Post by CrRAR »

BaronVictor wrote:...ignoble...
TodayILearned 'Ignoble' is a word. Interesting.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Sapphwolf
High Art Magus

#115 Post by Sapphwolf »

Gradivus wrote:"END"

Not much of a mutiny, was it? More like, "Waah! I found out my slaves want to be free. Also there was a stowaway."
Yeah I know. I was hoping for a little revenge for Flora, Evals and Mike. Evals expresses his desire to be free, Eric over reacts and Trace and Flora come down on the side of the slaves and Eric gets to be the one in the collar and forced to do some humiliating things. Obviously he's not that bad of a guy, but I was hoping he'd have a change of heart about the slave trade as a result of this. As is... he changed his minds about these particular slaves which isn't bad, but not what I had hoped for.

shadzar
New Citizen

#116 Post by shadzar »

Sapphwolf wrote: Obviously he's not that bad of a guy, but I was hoping he'd have a change of heart about the slave trade as a result of this. As is... he changed his minds about these particular slaves which isn't bad, but not what I had hoped for.[/color]
well his family was always slavers, so he has lived with it as an acceptable lifestyle for so long, change wouldnt really come that naturally. he is seeing a new side of thing, and becoming self-enlightened, but it is up to him as to how quickly and IF he is capable of changing his ideas. has Eric really changed any of his ways yet? he may not be able to change, or it may take a while for him to. but he is "willing to take the risk" which means that maybe Kat did spark something in his mind to let Evals and Mike go, which may cause a domino effect when the times allow for freeing slaves again.
just a pigment of your imagination.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#117 Post by TinyVoices »

B_Dog wrote:
Not sure if sarcastic.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#118 Post by CrRAR »

TinyVoices wrote:
B_Dog wrote:
Not sure if sarcastic.
No, haha, that's really the first thing I did.

At first I was like, "Oh maybe it's just a typo, maybe it's supposed to be 'innoble'"; however never having heard of that being a word either I Googled it and lo' and behold ignoble is indeed a word I've never heard of before or seen used.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

ShekiKitten
Citizen

#119 Post by ShekiKitten »

Ready for next chapter tomorrow!
It may not seem like much of a deal, but it's my first chapter as a actual reader, as in reading a new page every week.
:potatoes:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#120 Post by BadFoMo »

Not that big of a change, but I found that these two speech bubbles were resized and the one moved. Here’s the first version if anyone wants it.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!