The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: May 2, 2012

#61 Post by aitaituo »

BadFoMo wrote:
B_Dog wrote:
Kichan wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is a good thing?
Ehh, she should be given an opportunity to explore the world and discover if Eric truly is who makes her most happy. Falling for him outright would not be right. Kat has already indirectly, through the conversation with Natani, hinted at her displeasure about being 'stuck' with Eric...though she stays because she feels there may be a chance that their relationship could be something more. I feel there are two routes out from this point; she either fights for him or goes her own way to figure out what the world has to offer - possibly returning after not finding very much.
I have to agree with B_Dog on this. Even if she does end up with Eric, she should be given the chance to find out if he is the one or not.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Eric may not oblivious to Kathrin’s love for him and he said that for her own good? Think about it, he might be thinking that she wants to stay with him, but he knows that relationships like that never work out and she should find a more suitable mate.

P.S. I like the idea of her becoming a dark mage. Then she could come back and take revenge on Roderick, do weird/perverted things to him and Eric and make them accompany her as her personal play things.
I also think this is ultimately a good thing.

Ideally, Kat would go explore the world on her own for a year (I'd suggest longer if keidran didn't have such short lifespans) to really understand what life is like outside of a master/slave relationship. Practically speaking, I'm not sure how that would work out. She obviously couldn't wander the otherwise mostly safe human lands, the Dog/Forest Wolf/Fox Clans are getting invaded right now, the Basitins aren't exactly going to provide real world opportunities to a foreigner, so that leaves the Arctic Wolf or Tiger/Cat Clans. She'd probably need a bodyguard for travelling and once she reaches a settlement I'm not sure how many economic opportunities she'd have with her skillset. Maybe she could work for a wealthy keidran? Are there keidran centers of learning? Does she have any magical aptitude? Eric, of course, could provide her with plenty of money, but that's not exactly tasting real independence, now is it?

Idea: Maybe she and Natani could travel together. Natani could keep her safe, connect her with an employer, maybe teach her some magic. The biggest problem is Natani is a wolf and I don't think he realizes the incoming [censored]storm headed for her homeland.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#62 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

BadFoMo wrote:
B_Dog wrote:
Ehh, she should be given an opportunity to explore the world and discover if Eric truly is who makes her most happy. Falling for him outright would not be right. Kat has already indirectly, through the conversation with Natani, hinted at her displeasure about being 'stuck' with Eric...though she stays because she feels there may be a chance that their relationship could be something more. I feel there are two routes out from this point; she either fights for him or goes her own way to figure out what the world has to offer - possibly returning after not finding very much.
I have to agree with B_Dog on this. Even if she does end up with Eric, she should be given the chance to find out if he is the one or not.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Eric may not oblivious to Kathrin’s love for him and he said that for her own good? Think about it, he might be thinking that she wants to stay with him, but he knows that relationships like that never work out and she should find a more suitable mate.

P.S. I like the idea of her becoming a dark mage. Then she could come back and take revenge on Roderick, do weird/perverted things to him and Eric and make them accompany her as her personal play things.
Mmmmmaybe. But Shirley there must be a less horribly brutal way of doing it then sister-zoning her like that. Besides, he had an example of a perfectly good human-Keidran relationship in front of him for most of the story :P .
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#63 Post by BadFoMo »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:
B_Dog wrote:

Mmmmmaybe. But Shirley there must be a less horribly brutal way of doing it then sister-zoning her like that. Besides, he had an example of a perfectly good human-Keidran relationship in front of him for most of the story :P .
There probably is, but perhaps he couldn’t think of a better way to do it.

Trace and Flora’s relationship be a good example, but he may not have any faith in working out in the end.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#64 Post by anonfox123 »

Right, in my opinion there are two ways this is going to turn out:

The first is that Kat will eventually bring herself to look for the kind of relationship she’s looking for in other places. (Though it may be for the best, I don’t see this happening if :eric: and :kathrin: go back to whatever port town they live in.

This means that they’re either going to wind up at Lyn’Knoll some how, or the other possibility is that it is Eric who will change his thinking (again), and start viewing Kat in a more romantic light.

Actually, I just though of a way that scenario two might come about:
“That time of year” rolls around again, Kat’s going nuts, and Eric, now more open to his feelings for her, isn’t comfortable with letting one of the male slaves help her out, but he also isn’t comfortable with just leaving her hanging, and so in the end fins that he himself is his (and Kat’s) only option.

Might be unlikely, seeing as the second, Eric-centric possibility is itself unlikely, but a), it just jumped into my head and b), it seems to be one of the more plausible chain of events that would lead to such a turnaround for Eric.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Kerensky287
Citizen

#65 Post by Kerensky287 »

Potential continuation from the current strip:

Kat: *storms off, but doesn't quite display her emotion until out of earshot of Eric*
Kat: "If I'm not getting any, NO ONE is!"

*Scene change: Keith is moping about in his room, alone, until Natani walks in*
Nat: "Just checking up, you've been gone for a while"
Keith: "EVERYTHING IS DARKNESS AND DESPAIR"
Nat: "I know, right!"
*They brood together, Keith because he lost a loved one and Nat because of the whole gender thing. Obviously this makes their environment ripe for REBOUNDS.*
*Their hands meet ever-so-slowly, their faces get closer, their eyes drift shut*

Kat: "NO." *physically pushes them apart*

Nat: "We weren't-"
Keith: "I was just-"
Kat: "DENIED." *storms off*

*Nat blushes and hurries to be anywhere else possible*

*Scene change: Trace and Flora, in their cabin.*
Trace: "Woo smokey, was that ever a lot of excitement in a short period!"
Flora: "Hells yes. Great job freeing the slaves!"
*Flora begins to initiate reward procedures.*

Kat: "HECK NO." *physically pushes them apart*

Trace: "What the-?"
Flora: "How'd you get in?! We locked the door-"
Kat: "There are many appropriate ways to celebrate emancipation. This is not one of them!" *storms off*

*pause*

*Kat pokes her head back in*

Kat: "Flora's pregnant, by the way."
Trace: "WHAT"

*Scene change: elsewhere on the boat, with Mike and Evals*

Mike: "So, we're free, huh?"
Evals: "Yup, guess so. Great news."

Kat: "NO." *physically pushes them apart*

Evals: "Aah! What are you-?!"
Kat: *pause* "Oh, sorry, I thought you were... you know, about to make out."
Mike: "wut o_o"
Kat: "Yeah, I know, I'll just.... yeah."
*they all go their separate ways, looking unsettled*

*Scene change: back in Keith's room*

Maddie: *pokes her head in* "Oh hi, I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend, did you maybe want some company-"
Kat: *appears out of nowhere* "OH FOR PETE'S SAKE, KEITH"

chorus: *the chastity boooooat*

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#66 Post by Twippit »

Kerensky287 wrote:Potential continuation from the current strip
Epic win.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#67 Post by CrRAR »

Kerensky287 wrote:Potential continuation from the current strip:

Kat: *storms off, but doesn't quite display her emotion until out of earshot of Eric*

Alt title:

Kat: The Sex Nazi
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

shadzar
New Citizen

#68 Post by shadzar »

might prevent Stockholm Eric Syndrome in the tk world.

and remember when Eric was talking to Trace when Flora first inquired about marriage before reaching the Bastian Island? Eric had MANY reasons as to why humans and Kei...Kie... :oops: Trace and Flora, or even Eric and Kat wouldnt work out. he might appreciate the relationship Trace and Flora have, but not fully accept the idea since theirs is a first-of-its-kind it seems in at least ONE particular way.

doesnt mean Eric doesn't love or care for Kat, but maybe doesnt understand himself what he feels as he has always had females at his beck and call to do whatever he wishes. Eric is VERY complex, while at the same time simple-minded.
just a pigment of your imagination.

Gotheran
Banned
Banned

#69 Post by Gotheran »

B_Dog wrote:

Alt title:

I

So

lol'd

Kerensky287
Citizen

#70 Post by Kerensky287 »

B_Dog wrote:

Alt title:

Oh, cripes.

"Umm, I didn't get any foreplay."
"You want foreplay? Two dollars."
"But everyone in front of me got it for free."
"Oh, I see. You want foreplay?"
"Yes."
"THREE DOLLARS."
"What?"
"NO SEX FOR YOU. GET OUT OF HERE."

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#71 Post by RedDwarfIV »

anonfox123 wrote:Actually, I just though of a way that scenario two might come about:
“That time of year” rolls around again, Kat’s going nuts, and Eric, now more open to his feelings for her, isn’t comfortable with letting one of the male slaves help her out, but he also isn’t comfortable with just leaving her hanging, and so in the end fins that he himself is his (and Kat’s) only option.

Might be unlikely, seeing as the second, Eric-centric possibility is itself unlikely, but a), it just jumped into my head and b), it seems to be one of the more plausible chain of events that would lead to such a turnaround for Eric.
There is also how some Keidran, such as Natani, keep to themselves when on heat. Even with the pervertedness, would nice guy Eric have made his favourite slave do that with one of the other slaves? Obviously, we have nothing to actually go on. Would he have made his slaves do that in the first place? Maybe he just leaves them to it - but that would mean raising a Keidran from birth - and Eric doesn't seem to have the facilities for Keidran breeding.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

BlackWind
New Citizen

#72 Post by BlackWind »

ok this is going on long enough 1st of all you have officially made Flora Pregnant with Trace's child and you are over here "fidgeting" about how will she tell him about it
2nd now you sadly have Eric consider Kathrin like a Sister rather than his secret lover as she loves him very dearly but she was expecting him to confess his feelings for her but instead it's a "brotherly" love she may like it but I know she feels somewhat crushed as it's a 1 way love she is having,
so what's next Natani denying her attraction to Keith and still denying her female self? :|

kagome_angel
Merchant

#73 Post by kagome_angel »

I feel for Kat, and part of me hopes that this whole thing turns out better--that Eric will open his bloody eyes and all. However! Also, you kind of have to wonder if this is all for the best, you know? I mean, she hasn't had the opportunity to have any relationship with anyone else (aside from perhaps Mike and/or Evals, but I see no connection there), so maybe it's just best for her to "see the world" for a bit and if her feelings change, they change. If they remain the same, then perhaps Eric is the one for her.

Let's just hope, if that is the case, that he sees it too!

.... Which, if it is, he will. XD;

"I think that you're gonna be the one to save him from himself. It won't be because he loves me. It'll be because he loves you."
~Elena to Damon, The Vampire Diaries

ShekiKitten
Citizen

#74 Post by ShekiKitten »

I got another continuation thingy:

Kat: *pulls apart* Actually, this isn't what I wanted.
Eric: What? Why?
Kat: SHUT UP. I LOVE YOU. IDIOT. NOW YOU GET IT?!
Eric: ... ASDFGHJKL Yo... What? Didn't hear you.
Kat: *engage evil keidran mode* YOU SONOFA (beep)
Eric: Now that I heard.

Iron Ed
Merchant

#75 Post by Iron Ed »

RedDwarfIV wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:Actually, I just though of a way that scenario two might come about:
“That time of year” rolls around again...
...would nice guy Eric have made his favourite slave do that with one of the other slaves? Obviously, we have nothing to actually go on. Would he have made his slaves do that in the first place? Maybe he just leaves them to it - but that would mean raising a Keidran from birth - and Eric doesn't seem to have the facilities for Keidran breeding.
If I remember from earlier in the story...
Keidren don't get pregnant -during- their estrus; they get pregnant in the first couple of weeks -after- estrus ends.
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt