Kickstarter thread!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Holmborn
Master

Kickstarter thread!

#1 Post by Holmborn »

So i just though i would make a little thread, where people can discuss their thoughts on the kickstarter, as well as give a little information about if they have contributed as well.

personally, im hyped. I cant WAIT till the bonus comics gets out here and everything goes into motion.
I picked the 20 dollars digital bundle for book 1+2+prank pixie+feral hunger.
Within my body, Lies the whole of the universe. I am eternal! -Seth

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Kickstarter thread!

#2 Post by RedDwarfIV »

I picked the $12 one. I would have liked to have contributed more, but my debit balance is down to around £5.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
ImageImageImage

Weon Kenedi
Citizen

#3 Post by Weon Kenedi »

Nice! I'd pick the $20 one, but i don't have a credit card (;_;)
I think I'll ask for my aunt's credit card. I REALLY want see the live streaming XD

Oh, yeah, if I could, I'd pick the $5,000 XD
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝
And in the end, we were made to be apart
Like separate chambers of the human heart... ♫♪

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by RedDwarfIV »

What's the live streaming about?

In fact, I'm going to google 'live-streaming' right now.
ImageImageImage

Holmborn
Master

#5 Post by Holmborn »

RedDwarfIV wrote:What's the live streaming about?

In fact, I'm going to google 'live-streaming' right now.
Live streaming is basicly Live TV.
what Tom is going to do is a really long stream over 2 days, where he will do a ton of drawings and maybe take some suggestions.
he have said that he will try to make it as time zone friendly so us Europeans/Australians/Japanesians(i know its japanese) can watch too.

darkstar984
Merchant

#6 Post by darkstar984 »

I saw the option to get both books in hardcover and couldn't resist... and pulling insane hours lead to this not being an entirely bad idea. Also, hardcover.

fearpils
Traveler

#7 Post by fearpils »

i wonder who the three extra comics are going to be about :).

BaronVictor
Citizen

#8 Post by BaronVictor »

I did $20, out of two necessities. The first was money, in that I don't really have a ton, and I can't guarantee my ability to get it in a medium to be used digitally, except through a prepaid card, which further adds to the cost. The second necessity was that Digital was the best, logistically, for me. I'll be heading out to college, around the time that the books will be sent out, and I'd have a hard enough time getting settled in, without having to worry about sorting out anything sent to me.

Also, though it isn't a major thing, I like digital copies, since they are more portable. Physical books are a bit better for readability, but the difference isn't as great as the difference between having books that I can carry around on a phone or a flash drive, and books that would require physical space.
I don't mean to brag, but I can make the Kessel Run in only 11 parsecs.

Socrates
New Citizen

#9 Post by Socrates »

I would love to donate to this kickstarter, I've donated to others before and Twokinds is probably my favourite webcomic..
..buuuut I'm kinda out of money at the moment. My job decided it didn't want to give me shifts anymore so I'm sought of tight..
When any money comes in I will send it towards the kickstarter!
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
RIP Eduard Khil

Kerensky287
Citizen

#10 Post by Kerensky287 »

LEAKED REWARD INFO: If the Kickstarter reaches 175k, the "secret reward" is that Tom will retroactively draw nipples into every page Flora has ever appeared on.

The nipples may or may not actually be attached to Flora.

...I'm gonna try grabbing a prepaid credit card, see if Kickstarter's absurd system will be satisfied with that. I don't see why they can't just use Paypal like everyone else in the world.

RedDwarfIV
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by RedDwarfIV »

Nipples?

//Headdesk
Do not want.

Of course, there will be people who very much do want, so I won't spoil it for them.
ImageImageImage

crimsonreaper
Citizen

#12 Post by crimsonreaper »

I am both happy and pissed off at this thing because i want too much!!! i cant afford what i all want XD, i am trying to decide on getting the hardcover book and pixie panic ($10 digital pixie and $50 hardcover vol 2) or the three posters for $50 and the pixie panic T_T, because i already got the first vol and feral hunger so there's no need for the full digital collection :). on the other hand... it would be nice to get a better copy of the first vol as the page art is rather close to the spine and makes me afraid to read it due to having the need to open the spine so far. Although i have a rather bad reputation for keeping posters in good condition :(, XD this is terrible i am in heaven and hell at the same time LOL.

Then again i may just make myself completely broke and get the $110 package XD both vol in hardcover plus digital downloads which includes prank pixie magic... either way i think im going to be broke for this month after this lol, well ill update this post after i put my contribution through to tell you what i did.

EDIT: I am not paying my cell-phone bill this month so i can pledge $150 just put it through right this moment :).

bigro
Grand Templar

#13 Post by bigro »

Kerensky287 wrote:LEAKED REWARD INFO: If the Kickstarter reaches 175k, the "secret reward" is that Tom will retroactively draw nipples into every page Flora has ever appeared on.

...I'm gonna try grabbing a prepaid credit card, see if Kickstarter's absurd system will be satisfied with that. I don't see why they can't just use Paypal like everyone else in the world.
Why do I see this ending in some very sarcastic things happening. Like tree nipples. S:P but nah, I reckon than most of the nipples will be on trace or someone else lacking a shirt in places.

Man, so much fun to be had, so much.

I would donate if I wasn't balls deep in debt :mrgreen:

Holmborn
Master

#14 Post by Holmborn »

Kerensky287 wrote:LEAKED REWARD INFO: If the Kickstarter reaches 175k, the "secret reward" is that Tom will retroactively draw nipples into every page Flora has ever appeared on.

source?
if this is true, that would be hillarius.

Tendo
Master

#15 Post by Tendo »

You guys realize hes joking right?