Comic for October 6th, 2012

#1 Post by Kyrit »

"Tactical Retreat"

I'd say Red wasn't the safe word.

Cornchip
Traveler

Re: Comic for October 6th, 2012

#2 Post by Cornchip »

Well, at least Red understands that it's Raine... let's see how he takes it when things calm down.

Valcio
Traveler

#3 Post by Valcio »

nuuuuu!!! :raine: stay away from the light! :(

And oh well, one day, we will know his name, one day.....

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#4 Post by anonfox123 »

Woah. Seems like staying up late has some benefits. Wonder what's wrong with Raine now?
I wouldn't put it past Zen to retreat under the cover of the illusion, then start shooting more darts from the shadows.

Well, it seems like Zen stopped using the Spy's disguise kit, and swapped it for CT's hologram enhancement. (RvB nut in me talking again.)

And I lol'd at the fang sneaking out in panel four. Oh Zen... :roll:

Off topic: Valcio? Where have I heard that name before... The housepets forum?
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#5 Post by CrRAR »

Drat. Well if Zen survived a sword through the chest, hopefully Raine can endure her injuries. Maybe she's just woozy at the sight of blood and not bleeding severely enough to cause shock/loss of conscinous.

The fang on 'Maren' reminds me of Midna's 'egg' tooth.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#6 Post by anonfox123 »

D'oh. Completely forgot about Raine's injuries. No wonder she's feeling faint. So much for my darts theory. :roll: Wow, I am really intelligent at 2:11 AM...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

leoian
Banned
Banned

#7 Post by leoian »

Poor Raine she fainted I just hope it's not too important, is it because she has lost lot of blood or it's because of Zen?
:flora:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#8 Post by BadFoMo »

I hope I didn't miss the first version. If I did, would somebody please send it to me.

Anyway, I don't know why, but I like the way Zen's illusion is slowly wearing off in panel four. To me (a Human into Furry transformation nut) it's like she's about to turn the tables on her captor and ‘TF’ them.

I think the reason why Raine doesn't feel good is because Keidran (for some reason or another) can stand to lose that much blood, Humans can't. Because she's finally able to calm down, the injury is going to be more severe. She needs another shock to turn back into a Keidran…

[Database error], if you really love her, you'll know what to do.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#9 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Ohooo well played Tom! But wait, was he ever there in the first place? If he was then illusions can hold knives? And if he wasn't when did he escape? Hmm...

BadFoMo wrote: I think the reason why Raine doesn't feel good is because Keidran (for some reason or another) can stand to lose that much blood, Humans can't. Because she's finally able to calm down, the injury is going to be more severe. She needs another shock to turn back into a Keidran…
Shouldn't it be the other way round? I saw on the discovery channel that humans are one of the few animals that can actually afford to lose a certain amount of blood without serious repercussions...
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

epiclyrandom
Traveler

#10 Post by epiclyrandom »

So wich of the two is actualy in for the ''tactical escape''? Zen or Natani? Im gonna go with Zen since Natani has always seemed the impatient one. Nice page, Zen having to join up with the group would have been to cliché, and this event already happened another way. :wink:

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#11 Post by judah4 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Ohooo well played Tom! But wait, was she ever there in the first place? If he was then illusions can hold knives? And if he wasn't when did he escape? Hmm...

BadFoMo wrote: I think the reason why Raine doesn't feel good is because Keidran (for some reason or another) can stand to lose that much blood, Humans can't. Because she's finally able to calm down, the injury is going to be more severe. She needs another shock to turn back into a Keidran…
Shouldn't it be the other way round? I saw on the discovery channel that humans are one of the few animals that can actually afford to lose a certain amount of blood without serious repercussions...
Well sythe was able to touch the illusion and hold its arm so I think it can hold knives.

I hope Raine doesnt die from this :P

JMadoc
Master

#12 Post by JMadoc »

B_Dog wrote:Drat. Well if Zen survived a sword through the chest, hopefully Raine can endure her injuries. Maybe she's just woozy at the sight of blood and not bleeding severely enough to cause shock/loss of conscinous.
Well, let's hope that's really the case, before Raine joins Laura and Cathleen in the notable casualty list.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Argh. F***ing Panel order, how does it work?

Also, where's a medic when you need one... I think we'll have Sythe do some Keidran healing stuff next time.
I imagine Keidran know a bit about the healing powers of nature, even if Sythe does seem a bit inept.

Polar Fox
Merchant

#14 Post by Polar Fox »

Krav-Mage
Traveler

#15 Post by Krav-Mage »

How could Raine die of such surfacial injuries? It's just an arm and abdomen, and I bet she wasn't disemboweled whatsoever, even partially. I see no medical reason she'd die of this... Maybe except shock. And she certainly wouldn't bleed out. She fainted because adrenaline lit go.

And regarding the illusion, I'm not surprised that it happened this way. Remember Natani's illusion Laura screaming when Keith got hit? Others noticed the illusion too, and it seemed physical to me. I bet Keith could've touched it.

Some one here was right (though I don't remember who it was). We still don't know DE's name. We don't even know if it's not Red, that's how Tom did it ;]