emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

Comic for November 28, 2012

#1 Post by emmy »

Alttext: 'Zen, you're not technically on this ship. You don't count.' 'Aw...'

Poor lonely wuffgirl.

wuffgirl needs to be petted, methinks.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Re: Comic for November 28, 2012

#2 Post by judah4 »

well, it broke, but no explosion like i hoped :P

It seems natani is comfortable to be seen by keith without being covered up by cloths or illusions. And whats this about taking credit for sucking the air out? Someone is vain. :trace:

Cornchip
Traveler

#3 Post by Cornchip »

I wonder if they'll discuss the kiss...? Or did they already do that and I forgot already? OTL

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

.... but natani, What about Trace and Flora?

I love that the crystal just decided... I dont like this anymore... POP

EDIT: YAY, Girl Natani's back...
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

Haha, oh Keith you are so adorkable.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

It's nice to see that she can relax and let down her shield with someone else other than her brother. I think everyone needs that every now and then.

Also, Keith's bandage has swapped ears in panel eight.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#7 Post by DariusL »

Ok, so now we know that mana crystals make a "POP!" sound when they shatter. :D

Edit: Saved the page in case Tom corrects the error in panel 8.

CyMoahk
Citizen

#8 Post by CyMoahk »

"You're the closest thing I have to a friend" can be taken very badly... in the "You're not a friend, but close enough" way.
But that's just me being cynical... Natani's really relaxed and has let her guard down here, I hope Keith doesn't read into it how I did! She was worried about you, run with it!

Divenity
Council Member

#9 Post by Divenity »

CyMoahk wrote:"You're the closest thing I have to a friend" can be taken very badly... in the "You're not a friend, but close enough" way.
But that's just me being cynical... Natani's really relaxed and has let her guard down here, I hope Keith doesn't read into it how I did! She was worried about you, run with it!

I personally think she likes him too much to just call him a friend, whether she knows it or not. Probly subconsciously going overboard to hide her feelings.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#10 Post by DariusL »

Divenity wrote:
CyMoahk wrote:"You're the closest thing I have to a friend" can be taken very badly... in the "You're not a friend, but close enough" way.

I personally think she likes him too much to just call him a friend, whether she knows it or not. Probly subconsciously going overboard to hide her feelings.
She hasn't friendzoned Keith yet, if you know what I mean. :)

Kerensky287
Citizen

#11 Post by Kerensky287 »

This is my favorite kind of flashback - the unreliable narrator variety. (Yes I know it's technically not a flashback but I don't know what word you'd use to describe this event)

Anyway, it's pages like this that make me wonder why folks keep complaining about Natani getting too much narrative exposure. She and Keith are the most interesting and compelling characters in the comic, in my opinion, and they've both developed a lot over the past few chapters too. Compare to Trace and Flora, who have remained mostly unchanged since the comic began, despite (purportedly) being the main characters. I know it kind of seems like I'm asking for mutually exclusive things (more keith/nat screentime, more character development for trace/flora), but it's mostly because I have a reason to care about Natani and Keith; so far, Trace has been basically a plot device, and Flora has been more than a little useless. Tom is a far better writer now than he was at the start of Two Kinds, and it really shows. But - and hopefully this doesn't come off as presumptuous or patronizing - I think that the story would be served very well by an event or two designed to clean up or expand upon some of the weaker material from early-on in the story.

Back on-topic... from the looks of things, I suspect that Natani might not have realized that her mana crystal just broke. She complains about the illusion lasting "half a minute less than last time", but if the crystal had broken the last time she used it, where'd she get this one? I think she's assuming that she ran out of mana or that the spell expired, and I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up making a mistake later on by assuming she still had a crystal left.

And about the "closest thing to a friend" comment, all I can say is that she's a very guarded individual, and she might not be trying to assume reciprocated friendship. What she probably means is that she likes Keith, and she likes having him around, even though she isn't sure he likes her quite as much.

Nulono
Citizen

#12 Post by Nulono »

What, no FLUMPH?
:flora:: Hey you! Stop humping my boyfriend! *thwack*

There's Livejournal drama between those who want to wear human suits over fursuits and those who just take off the fursuits.
Beefmonger wrote:Thor: That's what she said!
Zeus: Your mom!
:natani: = ♀

Marnath
Apprentice

#13 Post by Marnath »

BadFoMo wrote:It's nice to see that she can relax and let down her shield with someone else other than her brother. I think everyone needs that every now and then.
It probably has something to do with Keith knowing the secret and being all right with it. That, and I think Nat has almost spent more time naked with Keith than clothed, so they're probably used to the idea, haha!

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#14 Post by LuckyMudman »

It's nice to see some character development past the 'accidental and awkward nudity' phase and into a more relaxed setting.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

CyMoahk
Citizen

#15 Post by CyMoahk »

ticoun wrote:
Divenity wrote:

She hasn't friendzoned Keith yet, if you know what I mean. :)
Yeah, I thought of that too... Just that's usually not what's meant with that wording. :P
Agree with Divenity more, subconscious downplaying. Just be careful with the downplaying, Natani!