Comic Page for Monday, February 11th, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Raydis
Citizen

Re: Comic Page for Monday, February 11th, 2013

#1 Post by Raydis »

And now things get complicated
"I used to feel like a man in a woman's body...then my mother gave birth to me."

jyoumon

#2 Post by jyoumon »

Wait......can a mental image slap you? :shock:

Is Laura still a ghost? what if that wasnt just a memory spell :? Etheral transport? maybe :oops:

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Alt Text: Illusion Uncertainty

Well this is a deliciously horrifying turn. ♪Someone's going to break!♪
What was it the spider said to the fly...

NickR23
Apprentice

#4 Post by NickR23 »

Laura looks truly devastated in the last panel. I'd tend to believe her, Natani...
“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

JC the Supreme Tiger
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#5 Post by JC the Supreme Tiger »

<sighs>

Can't a character be killed off for real?
Spoiler!
Warning: TVtropes
Lurk moar; it's never enough.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#6 Post by Schrodinger »

But how do we know? How do the characters know what's real and what's not? It's existence by very definition is false. Actually this is something of a recurring theme of characters trifling with powers best left alone.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#7 Post by DariusL »

Well, this is interesting. Laura's soul turned into a ghost because the magic of the island was disrupted by the tower explosion. Now she's taken control over an illusion that will probably kill Keith... The next pages will be extremely interesting.

leoian
Banned
Banned

#8 Post by leoian »

Schrodinger wrote:But how do we know? How do the characters know what's real and what's not? It's existence by very definition is false.
Right now we're in front of the perfect paradox, nobody can tell is she's real or not, and that's will be a problem because if Nat try to do something if she's real it will be terrible, and it's the same thing in the other way.
:flora:

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#9 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

leoian wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:But how do we know? How do the characters know what's real and what's not? It's existence by very definition is false.
Right now we're in front of the perfect paradox, nobody can tell is she's real or not, and that's will be a problem because if Nat try to do something if she's real it will be terrible, and it's the same thing in the other way.
It's true. She's even being incredibly vague about the afterlife. Is it because she really didn't experience much, or that Keith doesn't know himself so the illusion can't either. This has suddenly turned into a very interesting situation. What is lies? What is truth? :mrgreen:
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#10 Post by Schrodinger »

JC the Supreme Tiger wrote:<sighs>

Can't a character be killed off for real?
Spoiler!
Warning: TVtropes
Nah, I prefer a double dose of breaking the cuties anyway.

Raydis
Citizen

#11 Post by Raydis »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:
leoian wrote:
It's true. She's even being incredibly vague about the afterlife. Is it because she really didn't experience much, or that Keith doesn't know himself so the illusion can't either. This has suddenly turned into a very interesting situation. What is lies? What is truth? :mrgreen:
Real or not, if the spell still works as it normally would she's still going to slowly drain the lifeforce out of him until he cuts the line.
Also did the last projection of her glow like that when Natani used it on him?
"I used to feel like a man in a woman's body...then my mother gave birth to me."

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

I'm sorry to say it, but as much as I would want to help a poor little thing like that/don't want to say no to that face, I have to trust Natani on this one.

Keith, the illusion only knows what you know. Ask Natani to ask Laura a question only she would know the answer to. Surely there was at least one or two times when they were around each other without you nearby.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Kopaka1996
Merchant

#13 Post by Kopaka1996 »

I wouldn't really know who I should trust if I were Keith... That's so confusing... The next pages are going to be very interesting.
I only hope that Keith won't keep Laura alive with her draining Keith's lifeforce...
My Deviantart:
http://forgotten1996.deviantart.com/
My art & sketches topic:
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17113
My TwoKinds Italian translation:
http://2kindsita.blogspot.it/
I'm for :natani: + :keith:

BlackstripeTiger
Apprentice

#14 Post by BlackstripeTiger »

Hmm, looking at the fact the illusion gained pupils, it might be the real thing, perhaps illusions are also bound to the life force of the thing it represents, as the previous illusion also had them

and why did my mind come up with such a stupid joke: Twokinds: Afterlife is magic

DeviantArt

Mew? "Little One"? Who's that? Flora, comic 543

NickR23
Apprentice

#15 Post by NickR23 »

I have a theory that Laura will have to prove to Natani that she is real using that locket somehow. I'm wondering if that's how her spirit found the ship in the first place, being that it was her last physical possession and all.

Also, I don't see a way this will end up good for Laura. I feel bad for her, since she looks genuinely terrified to leave again. I mean, imagine slipping away only to realize your consciousness is trapped in a black, empty space, only to get zapped back to reality just as quickly, especially right into the arms of the person you love, of all places. I'd venture a guess that the explosion is what kept her spirit close to the island, and that once they are away from the land that's been drained of magic, she might be able to pass on freely. Even if Natani was convinced this IS the real Laura's spirit, it's still not a real body, and still uses Keith's life energy to maintain it's presence. I suppose Keith could keep her alive as long as possible, and they could pass on together once Keith's energy has been completely drained, but I don't think Tom wants to write Keith out of the story like this.

In the end, as sad as it will be, he will probably still have to accept her death and let her move on. If I was in Keith's position, it'd be an extremely hard thing to do...
“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes