Comic Page for Sunday, April 7th, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Siques

Re: Comic Page for Sunday, April 7th, 2013

#1 Post by Siques »

Alt. Text: Full Circle (See: Comic Page 34)

Now we know how they met! Everytime I see a circle closing, there's the "Aha!" moment.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#2 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Well, apparently new threads take some time to show up in the New posts feed. I was kinda surprised nobody had posted it already. Thanks for the lock in that case.

On-topic: Yay, re-draws! I really like those. Now with more detail, better art, and less acidic Green.

And one shackle was enchanted by her mother? That's actually clever in hindsight. Because a locket is way more conspicuous on an ex-slave. And nobody wants someone else's old shackles. Unless you're a mage freshly escaped from the imperial prisons with no desire to put on armor. In that case enchanting your one and only pair of shackles is a brilliant idea (yay references!)

Also, new cutest pic of Raine right here.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Except for the Ears. Ears were fine in Comic Page 34.

Also, conspicuous lack of Trinket. That's the third Necklace Tom has magically made disappear.

I think there is a Master Thief as well who uses magic to not only steal things but also to make the victims forget they possessed the item in the first place. That would explain it.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#4 Post by AmigaDragon »

Her mother could do magic as a keidran? Did she find some mana crystals to do it or was she still human enough to do it without?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Kit.
Apprentice

#5 Post by Kit. »

So, why did they run from Lyn'Knoll? Or has she actually been there?

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#6 Post by Myperson54 »

EvilNinjadude wrote:Well, apparently new threads take some time to show up in the New posts feed. I was kinda surprised nobody had posted it already. Thanks for the lock in that case.

On-topic: Yay, re-draws! I really like those. Now with more detail, better art, and less acidic Green.

And one shackle was enchanted by her mother? That's actually clever in hindsight. Because a locket is way more conspicuous on an ex-slave. And nobody wants someone else's old shackles. Unless you're a mage freshly escaped from the imperial prisons with no desire to put on armor. In that case enchanting your one and only pair of shackles is a brilliant idea (yay references!)

This actually sums up my thoughts pretty well. I like how things are coming clearer now, like why Euchre was a super powerful slave-in-disguise near the beginning.

Also, yeah this page was up 20 minutes before either of you posted. :P I'm surprised it wasn't already posted either. (No offence, just saying)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#7 Post by BadFoMo »

That fourth panel, the way she's transforming and freaking out, it pleases my inner mad scientist.

Also, they have werewolves (or at least stories of them) in that reality? Perhaps something that could infect not only Humans but Keidran (and maybe Basitins) as well was scarier than just Were-Keidran which could only infect Humans (and maybe again Basitins).

AmigaDragon wrote:Her mother could do magic as a keidran? Did she find some mana crystals to do it or was she still human enough to do it without?
I think the ‘Imperfect Transformation’ is sort of like plastic surgery. She looks like a Keidran, but she still technically a Human.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Myperson54 wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:Well, apparently new threads take some time to show up in the New posts feed. I was kinda surprised nobody had posted it already. Thanks for the lock in that case.

This actually sums up my thoughts pretty well. I like how things are coming clearer now, like why Euchre was a super powerful slave-in-disguise near the beginning.

Also, yeah this page was up 20 minutes before either of you posted. :P I'm surprised it wasn't already posted either. (No offence, just saying)
Yeah, when I saw Tom's tweet I was like, "exactly WHY am I not posting this now"? So I posted it. Like half a minute apart from someone else, which is a feat considering how long it's been out for.

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by johny »

So Euchre, you saved Mary's life... Hmmm you aren't as bad as I thought. You stood up to evil trace and prevented him from killing Mary.

Determinor
New Citizen

#10 Post by Determinor »

johny wrote:So Euchre, you saved Mary's life... Hmmm you aren't as bad as I thought. You stood up to evil trace and prevented him from killing Mary.
We don't know the trade off for Mary (what Euchre paid for that). He may have lead a part of the coup too, for we have no idea what he did in that time. We do know that he ended up as the master strategist, a very high rank. He had to do something for that apparently.

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Nazarov »

So Raine and her mother sold into slavery by Trace ( probably immediately after Trace gained power and transformed Mary ) then later Euchre released them and they become separated while on the run.

When they were in Lyn'Knoll? Here Raine said that she knows where Lyn'Knoll is, and theye were nice to Raine and her mother ect.
Looks like the "on the run" is a very big time interval and they were in Lyn'Knoll and become separated after they left the place. Probably this happened or something similar :)

Poor Raine.. being separated when she was a child and after it slavery. It's cruel! (;_;)

Tendo
Master

#12 Post by Tendo »

"Keep Away! I might eat you!"

Both an adorable and hilarious line, thinking she has turned into some kind of uncontrollable monster, but then again if she had never even seen a Kaidran before I can't imagine a child would be thinking too rationally after suddenly being turned into one.
BadFoMo wrote: Also, they have werewolves (or at least stories of them) in that reality? Perhaps something that could infect not only Humans but Keidran (and maybe Basitins) as well was scarier than just Were-Keidran which could only infect Humans (and maybe again Basitins).
While I admit its strange that the Humans have lore about Werewolves in a world where anthromorphic wolves exist, I don't think Werewolves actually exist in the Twokinds world, pretty sure its just lore. Although this does make me wonder if the lore is of a Human becoming some kind of crazed wolf hybrid or a Human becoming a wold Keidran.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Tendo wrote:While I admit its strange that the Humans have lore about Werewolves in a world where anthromorphic wolves exist, I don't think Werewolves actually exist in the Twokinds world, pretty sure its just lore. Although this does make me wonder if the lore is of a Human becoming some kind of crazed wolf hybrid or a Human becoming a wold Keidran.
Do you realize that in a world where Keidran are feared and hated, the tale of humans capable of turning into Keidran and slaughtering family members is both more horrid and more plausible, and thus more likely to actually be created?

OT- So while Trace gained power, they
-Were imprisoned
-Got freed and ran away
-Went to Lyn'Knoll and stayed for a significant amount of time
-Left again (for unknown reason)
-Got separated and Raine ran into Party B.

Kit.
Apprentice

#14 Post by Kit. »

EvilNinjadude wrote: -Went to Lyn'Knoll and stayed for a significant amount of time
I've got it. The "unknown reason" was Ephemural.

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Nazarov »

EvilNinjadude wrote: OT- So while Trace gained power, they
-Were imprisoned
-Got freed and ran away
-Went to Lyn'Knoll and stayed for a significant amount of time
-Got separated and Raine ran into Party B.
Yeah this is the correct order.
I was hoping that we'll see some flashback about Lyn'Knoll :(
Looks like we have to wait as long as the main group will arrive to there.
Kit. wrote:I've got it. The "unknown reason" was Ephemural.
Yup the reason can be Ephemural. As we know she offered Mary that she can get back her human form and later Ephemural possessed Mary.