Comic Page for Thursday, May 2nd, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nobody2222

Comic Page for Thursday, May 2nd, 2013

#1 Post by Nobody2222 »

Alt text - Illusion of Happyness

Hmmm, good thing strange coughs in the middle of saying "Everything's fine" and "Don't worry about it" neeevvvvveeer turn out badly. Ever....

NickR23
Apprentice

Re: Comic Page for Wed, May 1st, 2013

#2 Post by NickR23 »

I have really nothing much to add, other than Laura playing with her tail is incredibly cute. Her glow now seems to have faded to almost nothing, however.
“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

Serizawa
Merchant
Location: The land of eternal summer,coconut milk and frequent festivals celebration

Re: Comic Page for Thursday, May 2nd, 2013

#3 Post by Serizawa »

Keith~you have an eye patch,depression voice(what i imagine),half maniacal speech,unstable emotion shows on your face,with a clear and willing mind of what you want.
YOU ARE AN EPIC CHARACTER I WILL REMEMBER.

Finally! I can use this quote~
Its going to be an opposite Saria all over again.Except this time the husband have a clear memories about his dead wife.

I consider the middle panel as best drawing of laura expression and gesture after what happened.She just need to twist her emotional expression more and abit of head tilt and make her arms postition look forcedI have a liking toward those

And my prediction came true,laura Libra style will keep continuing. 8)
But I am considering to take back about this is only an epilouge
Quote of the mood:I post a rough concept 1st,please dont quote me within 10min of the post time

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

Keith wrote:I know this is selfish, but I just want to be happy, even… if it won't last.
I'm not sure how to feel about that line. Does this mean he's starting to think that she might be right and considers her request to send her back?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#5 Post by MaverickMopete »

Maybe :keith: wants to take this opportunity to tell :laura: everything he wanted to tell her the last time they met (when she was still alive) but never got the chance to.

Or maybe he really wants them to "die together," so to speak.

No way of knowing right now, though.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Zylver »

YAY for the new page! :D

:keith: has an awful lot of things to tell it seems... I wonder where will this lead, because the last panel's message is a bit cryptic :o
Btw, it must had been discussed in the previous comic topic, but how come that this version of Laura is dangerous to Keith's life, whereas Natani had already summoned an illusion of Laura before, but that did not do any harm to him?
Is this because this is actually the ghost of Laura and keep her sustained she must be fed by the lifeforce of Keith? That is the first theory that came to my mind, ATM :P

I also wish to see that armour Keith had spoken about in full version 8)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#7 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Nobody2222 wrote:Hmmm, good thing strange coughs in the middle of saying "Everything's fine" and "Don't worry about it" neeevvvvveeer turn out badly. Ever....

Indeed, for example during the Bubonic Plague, "Oh no, I'm sure it's just a cough, nothing serious."

On Topic: I'm sure Keith is fine.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

NickR23
Apprentice

#8 Post by NickR23 »

BadFoMo wrote:
Keith wrote:I know this is selfish, but I just want to be happy, even… if it won't last.
I'm not sure how to feel about that line. Does this mean he's starting to think that she might be right and considers her request to send her back?
At this point, Keith is probably depressed enough that dying with Laura is a valid option in his mind. I do think that he realizes in the back of his mind that eventually he will need to let Laura go, but he also intends to keep her with him as long as physically possible.

-- Edit --
Zylver wrote:
Btw, it must had been discussed in the previous comic topic, but how come that this version of Laura is dangerous to Keith's life, whereas Natani had already summoned an illusion of Laura before, but that did not do any harm to him?
Is this because this is actually the ghost of Laura and keep her sustained she must be fed by the lifeforce of Keith? That is the first theory that came to my mind, ATM :P
The first illusion only stayed around for one or two minutes at best. Keith's health was also much better back then, too, both mentally and physically. This time around, what Keith has gone through immediately preceding this event, would probably be past the breaking point for a lot of people, in addition to the likelihood of him not having much sleep lately. The effects of the strain that the illusion would put on Keith this time around would be more noticeable, quicker.
“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#9 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

I was about to post "Proof that this Laura isn't real: the fact that she refered to Natani as 'she', whereas *real* Laura didn't know Natani was female". Then I remembered that whole discussion we had when Laura was first summoned about her not being surprised that Natani was female, whether it was because she is just a reflection of Keith's desires and since Keith knows that Natani is female Laura knows too, or whether the real Laura had been brought back but was just too overwhelmed and surprised and had more important things to worry about than the sex of some Keidran she barely knew. I mean, how long did she get to know the gang? A few hours? It *could* be that this is the real Laura who was brought back, and just saw some female Keidran tell Keith that if he keeps this up he's gonna die. But on the other hand, she refers to Natani *by name*. She recognises *who he is*. She identifies him with that Keidran she was introduced with on the Basidian Islands. So she can't just be thinking "oh this is some female Keidran who is part of the gang, I can't remember exactly who was in the gang and their names and species and genders, so I have no problem with this", rather she *knows* it is *Natani*, but *still* says "she" without batting an eyelid. That tells me something is up.

Oh, and as for why this time the illusion is deadly while the one early wasn't, I think it's because this one is being maintained for an extended period of time. The earlier one was just meant to be a distraction, to catch Keith off guard, only meant to last a few seconds before Keith was *actually* killed by an arrow. If Keith had maintained it for minutes or hours, it probably would have started killing him. Same with Natani using it when he was younger to see his parents; he would have known of the dangers using it, and known to pull out and turn it off after a while and not get sucked into it and addicted. I imagine it to be like holding your breath, you can do it for a little bit, but you have to stop after a while, or else it starts actually damaging you and eventually killing you.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#10 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

There, you see? He can NOT last days with this illusion up. Already he's started showing symptoms and it's been (presumably) what, fifteen minutes?

If coughing is the first stages, what comes next? Will he pass out? And if he does wouldn't that end the illusion like the last time?
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

thisisntchris87
Citizen

#11 Post by thisisntchris87 »

I'm fixating on that glow. Like NickR23 noticed, it's almost nothing now.

Personally, I understand Keith's feelings.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by EvilNinjadude »

NickR23 wrote:I have really nothing much to add, other than Laura playing with her tail is incredibly cute. Her glow now seems to have faded to almost nothing, however.
You have no idea how much I effing want a tail to nervously twist right now. When I saw that a literally bit my lip.
Flyboy1945 wrote:
Nobody2222 wrote:Hmmm, good thing strange coughs in the middle of saying "Everything's fine" and "Don't worry about it" neeevvvvveeer turn out badly. Ever....
Indeed, for example during the Bubonic Plague, "Oh no, I'm sure it's just a cough, nothing serious."
Lesser known, lower TTK, more deadly. The other variant does NOT cause coughing.

Kit.
Apprentice

#13 Post by Kit. »

Wondering if Tom ever stops torturing Laura :(

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by BadJoke »

Kit. wrote:Wondering if Tom ever stops torturing Laura :(

Never. It's just so delightful to see a pure soul suffer. Bwha ha ha ha! :twisted: (it attract the audience; we are all a bit sadistic in mind)
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by johny »

I'm even more so convinced it is Laura's soul. I know I'm so pro Laura I'm kinda wishing. But it adds up right. She wants to stop Keith at her expense and that is the noble side of Laura we've all seen develop.

Laura your little tail twist is so cute! Man now my emotions are getting me again. It had been so long since I've thought deeply about Laura. I just wanna hug her.