Comic for May 9th, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for May 9th, 2013

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

You mean you don't get evil black smoke hallucinations?

Well, as a hypothetical question, I'd say that Trace is taking this very well.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for May 9th, 2013

#2 Post by jacobc62 »

Flora's face in that last panel: Priceless

Well, at least Flora decided to continue trying to go through with telling Trace.

*EDIT* Oh, hey. First to reply. :| I guess that's kinda nice.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

sysmic

#3 Post by sysmic »

I would have to say so. It's nice to see Trace and Flora again. I missed them.

Edit before posting: darn-nit. Didn't get first to reply for my first post. ah well, second for first.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#4 Post by DariusL »

I don't know why, but I love how Tom drew Trace's eyes in the second panel.

ROFLEKOPTER
Traveler

#5 Post by ROFLEKOPTER »

To be fair in the point of Trace taking it very lightly, he has ben through allot of strange happenings lately. :wink:
Allso all the feels! when I went back a little to re-read it.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT IM DOING !
My DeviantART http://roflekopter.deviantart.com/

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#6 Post by Schrodinger »

ticoun wrote:I don't know why, but I love how Tom drew Trace's eyes in the second panel.
He's getting far more expressive with them recently.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Tendo
Master

#7 Post by Tendo »

I gotta admit, that IS a very good reason for Flora to suddenly get side-tracked about the whole pregnancy thing....

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#8 Post by Myperson54 »

I feel like maybe Trace's panic circuits have shorted out, and he's just accepting all the crazy [censored] that keeps happening to him. I also love Flora's expressions! <3

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#9 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

So we're *finally* getting round to Flora telling Trace about being pregnant! After how many years? :P
This is where the fun begins! :D

Man, every group in the story is really in the middle of such exciting events at the moment!

lightmaster92
Templar

#10 Post by lightmaster92 »

Did not expect Flora's face to end up like that. Love it. :flora:

Check out the story of Twokinds: Mana Burst
http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13238

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#11 Post by judah4 »

Floras final facial expression is the best :mrgrin: hmm, probably not the best father in the world :P

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#12 Post by MuonNeutrino »

AndreRhineDavis wrote:So we're *finally* getting round to Flora telling Trace about being pregnant! After how many years? :P
This is where the fun begins! :D

Man, every group in the story is really in the middle of such exciting events at the moment!
Well, the chapter *is* titled 'Confessions', after all. And pretty much the only one on the chapter title page who hasn't gotten a chance to do any confessing yet is Kat (since Flora appears to be about to start hers) - I wonder if/when she's going to wind up somehow admitting to Eric that she has feelings for him. Heck, even Trace seems to be climbing on the confession wagon now. (Psst, Trace, you weren't on the title page!)

I have to say, I really like what Tom does with eyes. That 'tiny iris = surprise/etc' thing *ought* to look weird, if you think about it, but somehow it just works so well.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Schrodinger wrote:
ticoun wrote:I don't know why, but I love how Tom drew Trace's eyes in the second panel.
He's getting far more expressive with them recently.
Seriously don't know how he keeps getting better. Oh well.

Damn, faces are PRICELESS.

Also, Tom continues to progress plot at an alarming rate. Just think about the first few pages. And now, we're pulling out loose ends from everywhere, and knitting them back into a whole bloody carpet. Because carpets are cool.

Ixion
New Citizen

#14 Post by Ixion »

Trace sees evil black smoke, overcomes the temptation to start killing all the Keidran again (luckily for Eric, as a slaver is nothing without slaves), and immediately tells Flora like the honest god-tier future father he'll be. She starts fussing about a hallucination that clearly failed to sway Trace's ironclad resolve to keep getting some hot (and, unbeknownst to him, pregger) furry tail, even though it's clear he likes tubby tigers and cannot lie.

In contrast, Flora's been lying about her pregnancy, refuses to just spit it out, always gets sidetracked and doesn't see anything wrong with leaving the father of her child completely ignorant to its very existence. Instead, she gauges his reaction with a hypothetical question that not only wouldn't garner an accurate measure of how he'd really react but also succeeded in making Trace look that much more like a humble, responsible, down to earth, "mother father gentleman" in comparison.

Clearly, Flora is the one who's not ready to be a mother, let alone an adult, if she's dealing with confessing her child's mere existence like a little kid afraid of getting in trouble for breaking something. If anything, she should be asking herself, and not Trace, if she's ready to be a parent, since it's a troublesome sign that she's not yet beaming with ecstatic pride at the thought of carrying the (in all likelihood all powerful) half breed daughter (calling it now) of a not-so-retired badass Grand Templar who's madly (and at times insanely) in love with her. Especially since she doesn't really have a choice in the matter. I can't help but feel bad for the kid.

Suffice it to say, I'm a little disappointed in the direction the comic's taken up to this page, since Trace's problems are given far too much focus despite him proving his strength character over and over again, while Flora's lack of integrity is completely overlooked even as it becomes more and more obvious that her dedication to Trace is more like that of a schoolgirl with a crush who's simply not emotionally ready to get serious and deal with the inevitable consequences (barring the Euphinator's constant intervention) of casual interspecies relations.

It'd be nice if the comic focused more on Flora's very real inability to woman up, rather than some black smoke that's so non-threatening it's mentioned in casual conversation with as much tension as discussing the weather (in other words, none at all). She seems to be the only character who's likeability is in decline due to a significant lack of character development. Hopefully future comics will rectify that, because this one doesn't.

Even Maddie is more likeable despite being a manipulative liar, but mostly because she's 10/10 would bang and, if he mother's any indication, will only get hotter and more respectable with age, so for now she gets a pass.
"Censors are dead men set up to judge between life and death. For no live, sunny man would be a censor, he'd just laugh. But censors, being dead men, have a stern eye on life." — D. H. Lawrence, "Censors"

Nazarov
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Nazarov »

You're right Flora, Maddie is cute :P
I love Flora's expression on the last panel it fits perfectly!
EvilNinjadude wrote:Also, Tom continues to progress plot at an alarming rate. Just think about the first few pages. And now, we're pulling out loose ends from everywhere, and knitting them back into a whole bloody carpet. Because carpets are cool.
Indeed the plot continues alarming rate. Well not by chance that the title of the chapter is: confessions. We waited so long and finally everyone's secret will be revealed only a matter of time.
Well It was time, they hiding secrets too long or in Flora's case: she always interrupted by someone or something when trying to tell it.

Or I can imagine this: The time has come, everyone is about to tell her secrets and as soon as they start talking ---- suddenly the ship hits an iceberg :D