Comic Page for Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

Comic Page for Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013

#1 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Alt text: "Nap time" cut short.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic Page for Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

They didn't even get to "nap" yet!
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Niara
Apprentice

#3 Post by Niara »

I think they may actually have napped thoroughly at least once or twice already. I'm all for 'nap time' and associated word usage becoming a commonly understood by-phrase for what Trace and Flora were most likely up to before the camera returned to them.

I'm looking at those claw-marks, Trace... Merow!

You know what I love most about the Trace/Flora couple? When there's a problem, they -say what it is, directly, to one another-, when there's a misinterpretation, they -talk and clarify it-, and when there are tensions or difficulties between them, they bloody well -deal with them- in an upfront manner with one another. As soon as tempers even begin to flare between them, their mutual bull-headed honesty ensures that the root of the problem is aired directly, and resolved.

This is how healthy relationships work, and I find it continuously refreshing to see at least one couple acting in this way in a fictional setting... since, that in itself; a healthy couple functioning in a healthy way, has to be the rarest of the rare for any fictional setting or medium.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#4 Post by jacobc62 »

Lucky Trace. But him being freaked out by the news is understandable. After all, most men could act this way after hearing their wife is pregnant.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Niara wrote:I'm looking at those claw-marks, Trace... Merow!
Hah, I almost missed those on my first look. Gotta clean my laptop screen soon. But I'm liking this little detail.

Also, Flora facial expressions!

:<

.^
:?

>:O

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

While watching this get made, I was wondering if Tom was going to forget about Trace's hand. At first it seemed a little odd that he would keep it on for their little ‘nap’, but I guess Flora was like “No glove, no love.”.

Also, while this was only inked, Flora looked male in panel seven. Was anyone else getting that, or was that just me?

P.S …Sigh. Do I really have to say “Guess which parts I'm looking at?”?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Niara wrote:I think they may actually have napped thoroughly at least once or twice already. I'm all for 'nap time' and associated word usage becoming a commonly understood by-phrase for what Trace and Flora were most likely up to before the camera returned to them.
Fun side note: Tom originally had Flora lamenting that they indeed didn't get to sleep together saying, "We didn't even get to..."
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Blue Phoenix
Citizen

#8 Post by Blue Phoenix »

So we got Flora saying that she's pregnant, Keith trying to let go of Laura (or finding a way to save Laura), and possibilities of Natani revealing her secret to the rest of the crew (unlikely) and Kat finally confessing her love to Eric (more likely). Anyone else think there's gonna be one of those group therapy scenes coming up soon?
To be purified by the flame yet still rise from the ashes. This is the trial by fire.

Life at its best is bittersweet.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by EvilNinjadude »

BadFoMo wrote:Also, that this was only inked, Flora looked male in panel seven. Was anyone else getting that, or was that just me?

P.S …Sigh. Do I really have to say “Guess which parts I'm looking at?”?
None of the "parts" are available in Panel 7. Do you happen to mean Panel 5?

MDC
New Citizen

#10 Post by MDC »

Blue Phoenix wrote:So we got Flora saying that she's pregnant, Keith trying to let go of Laura (or finding a way to save Laura), and possibilities of Natani revealing her secret to the rest of the crew (unlikely) and Kat finally confessing her love to Eric (more likely). Anyone else think there's gonna be one of those group therapy scenes coming up soon?
That'd be one heck of an intervention! :grin:

Also, pardon my lack of TK knowledge, but how long does a keidran pregnancy usually last?

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#11 Post by BadFoMo »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:Also, while this was only inked, Flora looked male in panel seven. Was anyone else getting that, or was that just me?
None of the "parts" are available in Panel 7. Do you happen to mean Panel 5?
No, I did mean panel seven. Maybe because of its coloring books like state I was able to picture colors that would make her look like Trace in his Tiger Keidran form.

I can see how Flora can look male in panel five, but the same time there's something about her face that screams female.

MDC wrote:...Also, pardon my lack of TK knowledge, but how long does a keidran pregnancy usually last?
I don't believe it's been mentioned yet. However I think most people seem to think that it would be longer than a normal pregnancy in an animal, yet shorter than the normal human pregnancy.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

MDC
New Citizen

#12 Post by MDC »

BadFoMo wrote:No, I did mean panel seven. Maybe because of its coloring books like state I was able to picture colors that would make her look like Trace in his Tiger Keidran form.
I definitely see what you mean. I did think Flora looked a bit odd in that panel while I was reading it... I dunno why, but, for some reason, I feel it's the mouth portion of her face that looks off (although, it's probably because it's 5 AM where I live :P ).

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by TheMouse »

Oh Flora... tempting Murphy? So foolish.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Lionsgatepride
Traveler

#14 Post by Lionsgatepride »

Those faces in the last panel.

Also, wonky updates, again.

Tendo
Master

#15 Post by Tendo »

Hah! That last panel, Flora is starting to become genra savvy S:P
jacobc62 wrote:Lucky Trace. But him being freaked out by the news is understandable. After all, most men could act this way after hearing their wife is pregnant.
I would say its more like finding out your girlfriend is pregnant after being assured by doctors that you are sterile. Most of the shock is that neither of them thought it was possible, not that they are about to be parents.