Comic Page for Thursday, August 8th, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic Page for Thursday, August 8th, 2013

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Zoinks! A g-g-ghost!

While watching the UStream, I could've sworn that Evals was going to say something to the effect of “Abandon ship! We have to burn this place down!”.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

johny
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic Page for Thursday, August 8th, 2013

#2 Post by johny »

Wow I have a feeling Laura has something to say in the next page....

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger »

Ha! Scooby-Doo reference. Also a good reminder that there are ghosts in this universe. Specifically Saria's when she was used to drive a wedge between Trace and Flora as part of a larger gambit. Lends some credence to the idea of this actually being Laura and not a very convincing spectre. Both instances involve a dead loved one being brought back through magical means however Mary being the far better spellcaster was able to make a phantom that was indistinguishable from a flesh and blood person.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Kyrit
Templar

#4 Post by Kyrit »

I'm glad to see that Flora actually looks a bit more 'pudgy' in this page. In the last one she didn't really look the part.

Also, if she IS a ghost and not just an illusion, shouldn't Trace not be able to dispel her? I would think that a ghost can't just easily be dispelled like magic is, even if it's an illusion that she's caught on to. So my current prediction is that IF she is a true ghost and not just an illusion, Trace will be talked in to dispelling the illusion, try to, and everyone will see Lauren standing there still. That's only if she actually is a ghost though. I do agree that she seems to be thinking about something though, so maybe she's thinking about telling them to just dispel her again.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by EvilNinjadude »

You know what's funny? I always check google before making any comments on grammar, and was surprised to find that on one level, "leach" and "leech" (both verbs) could actually be used interchangeably, to an extent. Now that's as confusing as it can get, methinks.

In other news: Information exchange as dramatic irony is resolved. Because not everyone can be completely oblivious forever! It'd run the plot pacing into the ground!

victorymon
Master

#6 Post by victorymon »

I dont know if that idea ever came up... and I guess I make myself some enemies now...
but WHAT IF somehow :laura: soul/ghost is magicaly transfered into :flora: child?
I know, plot-twist... but that just sneaked into my mind.
Denken hilft zwar, nützt aber nichts
***;)***
Hey everymon, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/
and here I am in my Fur-Suit (as a Werewolf) http://2kinds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Hoppy »

victorymon wrote:I dont know if that idea ever came up... and I guess I make myself some enemies now...
but WHAT IF somehow :laura: soul/ghost is magicaly transfered into :flora: child?
Yeah.... and WHAT IF Flora's baby is a BOY?? THERE'S yer "plot-twist"!! :twisted:
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

NothingIsSure
Master

#8 Post by NothingIsSure »

Hoppy wrote:
victorymon wrote:I dont know if that idea ever came up... and I guess I make myself some enemies now...
Yeah.... and WHAT IF Flora's baby is a BOY?? THERE'S yer "plot-twist"!! :twisted:
You guys are crazy like Keith now :D
Laura - still dead, but still everyone except Natani can't accept that.
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

victorymon
Master

#9 Post by victorymon »

Hoppy wrote:
Denken hilft zwar, nützt aber nichts
***;)***
Hey everymon, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/
and here I am in my Fur-Suit (as a Werewolf) http://2kinds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10254

geckohero17
Merchant

#10 Post by geckohero17 »

To me, the next panel will result in a punch-up between Keith and Natani.
Keith was easily offended when Natani said "it", so I don't see why he wouldn't get offended about saying she's dead right in his face.

On the other hand, Trace hasn't had a say in this argument, because he doesn't speak Keidran. So Trace could say anything at this point.
I'm feeling the love... but not the kind you're thinking about.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by BadJoke »

Time for some exorcism! 8)

:keith: will have to suffer again. His life is a endless perpetuation of pain... and YOU like it, admit it! You monsters! :P (lol)
Kyrit wrote:I'm glad to see that Flora actually looks a bit more 'pudgy' in this page. In the last one she didn't really look the part.

Also, if she IS a ghost and not just an illusion, shouldn't Trace not be able to dispel her? I would think that a ghost can't just easily be dispelled like magic is, even if it's an illusion that she's caught on to. So my current prediction is that IF she is a true ghost and not just an illusion, Trace will be talked in to dispelling the illusion, try to, and everyone will see Lauren standing there still. That's only if she actually is a ghost though. I do agree that she seems to be thinking about something though, so maybe she's thinking about telling them to just dispel her again.
Well, what he has to dispel is the link who "feed" the ghost/illusion (killing Keith slowly) so, in all cases, it will end up in the banishment of the entity: cut the power, it will stop the machine (in my opinion).
The worst is maybe that :keith: , totally addict to that illusion of happiness in his horrible life, will fight against all suggested solutions and hurt people (physically, verbally,...) for nothing more than a chimera.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Ace5762 »

Is Tom talking to us, as in, the audience here with what Natani is saying? I remember there was a lot of backlash when he killed off Laura the first time, and then again the second time.
Something about the close-up and Natani reaffirming that she's dead seems odd to me.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Zylver »

Oh the suspense! :D I am anxious to see where does the conflict of :natani: and :keith: will go forward! :grin:
BadJoke wrote:Well, what he has to dispel is the link who "feed" the ghost/illusion (killing Keith slowly) so, in all cases, it will end up in the banishment of the entity: cut the power, it will stop the machine (in my opinion).
The worst is maybe that :keith: , totally addict to that illusion of happiness in his horrible life, will fight against all suggested solutions and hurt people (physically, verbally,...) for nothing more than a chimera.
Naaaaaah, if :trace: is really a miracle talented spellcaster, then he might actually dispell the illusion, IF :laura: is really an illusion, without hurting :keith: in any way :P
However, I would like to see, if they really abolish :laura:, what level does the relationship between :natani: and :keith: will escalate? :o

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by SpottedKitty »

Well, it's taken a while, but Natani's finally had his say about Keith's situation. Interesting reactions from the other Keidran: Flora looks ready to climb a wall or three, Evals forgets to speak Human and freaks out in Keidran, and... is this the first time we've known the name of Eric's ship?

I just noticed a couple of unobvious things. Natani did say she once, speaking about "Laura" — a bit of doubt there, maybe? And is "Laura" looking a bit more solid? Is the ghost/illusion still firming up, the more energy it takes from Keith?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#15 Post by CrRAR »

SpottedKitty wrote:is this the first time we've known the name of Eric's ship?
No, no...way back here we were introduced to the Na'rella.

This would be the opportune time for Laura to prove that she's real (if she is). Everyone's around to witness and bounce questions off of her...the info she divulges has to be something Keith wouldn't be able to answer to prove it.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!