Comic Page for Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

Comic Page for Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013

#1 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Alt text: Now to flashback to the first page and loop forever...

Flashback time? God. Damnit. I should've known. Well played Tom, well played. No delicious drama for us. xD
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Wing Ace
Traveler

Re: Comic Page for Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013

#2 Post by Wing Ace »

I sense a remake of the first page.

Which would be awesome.
I write: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4583252/Wing-Ace

"Never give up. Trust your instincts." - James McCloud

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

Correction, NOW the clip show begins.

Anyway, that sky looks beautiful.
If Tom made it himself, nice work!
If it's just stock footage from NASA, smart move. Less aggravation that way.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Blue Phoenix
Citizen

#4 Post by Blue Phoenix »

Man, just look at that night sky. Makes me wish we could dial it back on the light pollution in the world just to watch the stars.

Aside from that, I was really hoping to see :kathrin: 's further reactions to :flora: 's pregnancy... but I guess that would be in another scene.

Flashback time, eh? Will there be a page where :trace: recalls every time :flora: pounced on him? haha
To be purified by the flame yet still rise from the ashes. This is the trial by fire.

Life at its best is bittersweet.

NothingIsSure
Master

#5 Post by NothingIsSure »

Wing Ace wrote:I sense a remake of the first page.

Which would be awesome.
YES !
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#6 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Speaking of light pollution, what's that red misty stuff in the sky?

Also, I'd just like to note, the actual comic says that this page is for Wednesday 23rd, not Tuesday 22nd. I think it would be best if people stuck to using the date Tom specifies rather than their local date... it usually doesn't matter when we get updates once a week, but it's gonna be hell confusing during this flood of daily updates!

Shannara360
Traveler

#7 Post by Shannara360 »

That sky is absolutely gorgeous, literally made my jaw drop.

Also, even if there will be flashbacks I don't really care, as long as they are done in a way that will show us new perspectives. If done correctly flashbacks can be enjoyable. However, when done incorrectly... *COUGH* NARUTO *COUGH* they are frustrating.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukamae/ Check out my friend's artwork! It is pretty legit! My avatar was drawn by her and is used with permission.

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by johny »

Nice colors!!! Also did this make any of you jump back to the first chapter and read it? I did lol

Zylver
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Zylver »

Flashbacks... normally I would say "to hell with it", but this story deserves such a reminiscence after all they have been through :P
After all that have we been through... I will make it up to you... I prooomise youuu!! :grin: Just a bit of Chicago :D
Btw, a whole remastering of the old pages would be a brilliant idea, however, I think it would consume so much of Tom's time, that we wouldn't be having updates for a while :P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by EvilNinjadude »

NothingIsSure wrote:
Wing Ace wrote:I sense a remake of the first page.

Which would be awesome.
YES !
Do note that Trace looks infinitely younger and more innocent in the old art style than he possibly could in the current style. I sense a challenge for Tom, and if it does happen, I definitely want to see how it turns out.

(Challenge in the sense that it'd have to look mostly the same (being a flashback) without completely changing the art style to the way it was then. I hope you all understood that, but I'm saying it just because)

Enzo
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adelaide

#11 Post by Enzo »

I feel both happy and slightly upset. I am happy because I have questioned what the first few pages would have looked like if Tom redrew them. I would enjoy either Tom using his current style of drawing or the original and maybe add some shading. I am a little upset because I don't get to see Keith and Natani's relationship build for a few days.

Ehhh oh well I has the patience ^_^

"Patience is a virtue"
~Ray

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by BadJoke »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Flashback time? God. Damnit. I should've known. Well played Tom, well played. No delicious drama for us. xD
Beware! Tom is a master of info/intox. It wouldn't be the first time we are played by his devilish mind. :twisted:

...Just playing dramatic. But the thing I learnt by reading TK is that you can't be sure about the future. A lot can still happen, 14 pages is a lot.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

xamali
Grand Templar

#13 Post by xamali »

Heh, sweet looking sky, and Flora and Trace lying there together look really heart warming.
Damn, the first pages all over again. The building in Keith's character and friendship. I'm curious to the comments they'll make when it comes to Natani's and Keith's relationship. I mean, their point of view in their building relationship.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

NothingIsSure
Master

#14 Post by NothingIsSure »

BadJoke wrote: But the thing I learnt by reading TK is that you can't be sure about the future.
Indeed.
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#15 Post by CrRAR »

Bravo! The sky, oh the sky, that is really how it looks in the middle of the ocean. Both the "burning" clouds at sunset and the clarity you can see stars (and how many shooting stars there actually are) is amazing!

Super appropriate way to start a chapter named "Reflections". This will definitely be interesting, maybe we'll get more of a glimpse at what Flora went through before meeting Trace. That would be pretty cool.
-------
BadJoke wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Flashback time? God. Damnit. I should've known. Well played Tom, well played. No delicious drama for us. xD
Beware! Tom is a master of info/intox. It wouldn't be the first time we are played by his devilish mind. :twisted:

...Just playing dramatic. But the thing I learnt by reading TK is that you can't be sure about the future. A lot can still happen, 14 pages is a lot.
[/size]Though there may very well be drama this chapter, it might be a lull between the high-strung events we've had unfold. A calm before the storm if you will. I fear craziness when they finally get off the boat.

(Never get off the boat)
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!