Comic Page for Thursday, October 24th, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

Comic Page for Thursday, October 24th, 2013

#1 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Alt text: "Reference: page 13"
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Kelentha

Re: Comic Page for Thursday, October 24th, 2013

#2 Post by Kelentha »

Like the update, looks like it'd fit in with the first pages. Just, Tom kind of missed a word there. :P

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

Curses! Beaten by a mere few seconds!

Anyway, Flora, is the part where you're supposed to mess with him and give him false information for fun and to see how much you can get away with before he becomes suspicious. As Confucius says “he who knows nothing, doubts nothing”.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Bardi

#4 Post by Bardi »

I love flashbacks.

Man, it's crazy seeing Tom's artwork in these last pages and then looking back to the first chapter.

You've come so far Tom. *Hugs*

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by EvilNinjadude »

BadFoMo wrote:Curses! Beaten by a mere few seconds!

Anyway, Flora, is the part where you're supposed to mess with him and give him false information for fun and to see how much you can get away with before he becomes suspicious. As Confucius says “he who knows nothing, doubts nothing”.
Her character is somewhat different during the first third of the comic, but not anywhere near that direction. :x :)

Blue Phoenix
Citizen

#6 Post by Blue Phoenix »

Looks like Tom can still draw a forest background beautifully. We've been stuck on the ship background for so long, I thought some rust for any other background would show. But then again, it is Tom.

So apparently Trace talk to Flora that night. Clever. Instead of redoing some of his old work, Tom decided to expand on the old stuff. We get to see some great backstories now, haha.
To be purified by the flame yet still rise from the ashes. This is the trial by fire.

Life at its best is bittersweet.

Shannara360
Traveler

#7 Post by Shannara360 »

Blue Phoenix wrote: So apparently Trace talk to Flora that night. Clever. Instead of redoing some of his old work, Tom decided to expand on the old stuff. We get to see some great backstories now, haha.
Yes! This is exactly what I wanted to see. Hopefully it continues on like this. These are flashbacks done right.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukamae/ Check out my friend's artwork! It is pretty legit! My avatar was drawn by her and is used with permission.

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by johny »

This is so awesome! I think I briefly remember a vague reference to them talking or something. Not sure but I remember it being more than them just laying in quite awkwardness. I love insight stories. Its adds cool bits to the story. Also love Floras intrigued smile. She's thinking maybe she can shape what Trace thinks of keidran! Tom you ROCK!!!

Wing Ace
Traveler

#9 Post by Wing Ace »

Wow, it's so weird seeing Trace's old clothes after all this time. I kinda missed 'em.

It'll be interesting to see where Tom takes this.

Also, to 'reflect' again, panel shufflers should note that Trace has wood. That was back when shuffling was in it's prime. Good times, good times. Guess the main characters aren't the only ones reflecting.
I write: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4583252/Wing-Ace

"Never give up. Trust your instincts." - James McCloud

xamali
Grand Templar

#10 Post by xamali »

Wow, I opened page 13, just for comparison. Look at the fire! From both pages! Seriously, the amount of change is amazing!
As for the page itself, I like where this is going. :grin:
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Aurora
Citizen

#11 Post by Aurora »

Out of curiosity to see what the original page looked like, I tried to find it. But I can't.

LOL! I'd think I would've, too, since it was literally at the beginning and not very far in.

Can someone link to the page this dialogue shows up on? I mean, I guess I'm assuming that this is like a redraw of an earlier page ...

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#12 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Aurora wrote:Out of curiosity to see what the original page looked like, I tried to find it. But I can't.

LOL! I'd think I would've, too, since it was literally at the beginning and not very far in.

Can someone link to the page this dialogue shows up on? I mean, I guess I'm assuming that this is like a redraw of an earlier page ...
The alt-text references page 13, here. From what's going on in that page, it seems clear to me that this is meant to take place shortly afterward, between 13 and 14. If so, I like it. It's nice to go back and revisit those early events, but 'filling in the gaps' like this rather than just literally rehashing the same strips keeps it fresh.

MecaReaper
Traveler

#13 Post by MecaReaper »

Heh I like the flash back just fills some unsaid thing in :3

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#14 Post by CrRAR »

Love it. I see Tom brought back the Plainstripes™ on Flora, fitting, very fitting...and look at that moon, super detailed.

Also...
Flora wrote:This isn't some elaborate trick or something? Playing dumb to bring me back?
You know, Flora, a cop doesn't have to tell you he's a cop if you ask, that's a myth. :P
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

#15 Post by mycatiscrazy »

The background in that last panel looks amazing. Love the extra storyline here as well. Great panel, Tom!
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman