Comic for Wednesday, November 13th, 2013

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bardi

Comic for Wednesday, November 13th, 2013

#1 Post by Bardi »

Blue Triangle Thingy

Chapter 18 is being sketched out and will begin on Saturday!

I feel guilty that at first, I didn't know what Keith was talking about. Then it clicked and I was like, do'oh!

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

Re: Comic for Wednesday, November 13th, 2013

#2 Post by mycatiscrazy »

I have always wondered what that was. Finally get to find out! sweet.
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3 Post by BadFoMo »

Sigh. Although finally addressed in the comic, we still don't know what it is.

So, who thinks Trace actually knowing about it and trolling them, and who thinks he really doesn't know about it due to his amnesia?

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that those two little hair things on Flora's head are actually antenna in disguise?

P.S. The Twitter alternate text for this one is, Epilogue: Blue Triangle Thingy.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Bardi

#4 Post by Bardi »

BadFoMo wrote:Sigh. Although finally addressed in the comic, we still don't know what it is.

So, who thinks Trace actually knowing about it and trolling them, and who thinks he really doesn't know about it due to his amnesia?
I'm leaning towards the latter. Maybe it's just me being tired, but I don't remember that many mirrors or reflective surfaces in previous episodes. Kind of hard to see something on your face if you can't. I'm sure that it's probably a tattoo or something tied in with his hair color, but for all I know, it could just be a spot of facial hair.

Cryptic4
Traveler

#5 Post by Cryptic4 »

The little confused question mark on top of Natani is priceless, she has no idea what just happened haha

imalbert
Master

#6 Post by imalbert »

Bardi wrote:Maybe it's just me being tired, but I don't remember that many mirrors or reflective surfaces in previous episodes. Kind of hard to see something on your face if you can't. I'm sure that it's probably a tattoo or something tied in with his hair color, but for all I know, it could just be a spot of facial hair.
My thought is that even if the reflective surfaces were present, it would not make any difference. They're probably all vampires.

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

#7 Post by mycatiscrazy »

imalbert wrote:
Bardi wrote:Maybe it's just me being tired, but I don't remember that many mirrors or reflective surfaces in previous episodes. Kind of hard to see something on your face if you can't. I'm sure that it's probably a tattoo or something tied in with his hair color, but for all I know, it could just be a spot of facial hair.
My thought is that even if the reflective surfaces were present, it would not make any difference. They're probably all vampires.
At least they are not sparkly
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by SpottedKitty »

Cryptic4 wrote:The little confused question mark on top of Natani is priceless, she has no idea what just happened haha
Don't forget the half-awake look in the top panel. Cute confused wolf is cute. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by EvilNinjadude »

And then they were none the wiser.

Oh well. :grin:

Josh.C
Citizen

#10 Post by Josh.C »

That joke never get's old. I loved when it was used in young Frankenstein. :D

It's going to be interesting once they reach land again.

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Hoppy »

imalbert wrote:
Nope, no, no way... you are forgetting the reflections in Keith's helmet!! (Altho... Trace was not in the reflection, so still a maybe, there.)
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

Zylver
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Zylver »

LOL, Trace in the last panel reminds me of his clueless self or the early days, at the beginning of the comic :D

I can't wait to hear an explanation... although if Trace doesn't know anything about it, I doubt there will be answers S:P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#13 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

We have seen other people with the blue triangle before: these Trace Legacy fans in Ephemural's recreation of Martholm.

Also, Trace reminds me so much of The Duck Man from the Discworld Series :P
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFV3YoHtK88
at 08:30 in)

EDIT: And here, young Trace appears with what looks like a band-aid over what will eventually become the blue triangle.
Just gathering all the information I can recall about the nature of the blue triangle ^_^

wolfgirl207
Master

#14 Post by wolfgirl207 »

Aw haha. Darn we still don't know what it truly is...Oh well. It's a cute 'page' and I liked how Flora's hair antennae reacts to the conversation.

I've always thought of the blue mark to be something you earn when you graduate from the Templar acadamy and become a certified Templar.
It could also help the Templar channel their magic easier or something like that. I dunno! :P

This page in particular kinda has some evidence. http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=404
Trace hadn't seem to have gotten his mark till after he became a full-fledged Templar.

Conal
Master

#15 Post by Conal »

He's going to get his memories back now.

By the way, I was looking up some mirrors throughout the comic; I found a few. I think it would be a stupid idea to suggest Trace went all that time without A; noticing a blue triangle on his face or B; ever being asked about it before. So he's probably joking.