Alt Text : Accustomed to Dissapointment
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic Page for Wednesday, December 11th, 2013

#2 Post by avwolf »

And so Red and I are in agreement that he's simply not clever enough. :P

Oh, Raine, I doubt that your mother "could barely look at [you]" for anything to do with you. Unfortunately, you remind her of your father; and that was clearly a painful, unresolved wound your mother carried. You had to bear the brunt of your mother's frustration and pay for your father's sins. Tragedy upon tragedy.

Hoppy
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Hoppy »

Yep... ol' [DBE] has really fallen hard for the human form of Raine. I think he may even start using his head for something more than just a convenient place to grow his hair soon. :P
Image Image

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional." --(I dunno who said it but I'm doing a fine job of proving it's true.)

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by EvilNinjadude »

avwolf wrote:Unfortunately, you remind her of your father; and that was clearly a painful, unresolved wound your mother carried. You had to bear the brunt of your mother's frustration and pay for your father's sins. Tragedy upon tragedy.
Oh, it's the ol' burden of those who have gone before, eh?
I'm not gonna try and find out how many stories center around the main character simply ending up at the conclusion "I am NOT my father/mother/uncle! I'm myself!"
It's been done from every genre to every other genre, in settings from the distant past to Star Wars itself. It's not bad or anything, it's just that I'd love to finally have this particular trope meet up with the meta-awareness trope. Where the people finally say that they themselves know who they are. And then maybe go on to prove it to everyone else.

Or maybe I'm just a special person with nothing to prove to myself.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#5 Post by BadFoMo »

Somebody please tell me there wasn't a Stream for this. If there was, I hate Tom's schedules.

More on topic, is it just me, or does [Database error]'s saying “I promise.” just not fit in that sentence somehow?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

xamali
Grand Templar

#6 Post by xamali »

BadFoMo wrote:Somebody please tell me there wasn't a Stream for this. If there was, I hate Tom's schedules.

More on topic, is it just me, or does [Database error]'s saying “I promise.” just not fit in that sentence somehow?
Hate to cut it to you, but I believe there was.

OT: I like how Red is handling himself. And I could agree more with Hoppy.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#7 Post by JohnTheWysard »

And Raine is getting more and more adorable with each episode...!

dzamie
Apprentice

#8 Post by dzamie »

So, how long until Raine inevitably goes into heat (possibly, or dimmed, considering genetics) while in close proximity to Sythe and [DBE]?
Also, she seems much fluffier than Natani.
ImageBecause Trace is one lucky guy!

obi-wan
Templar Master

#9 Post by obi-wan »

Red disappoint me, I defended him all this time from everyone here, and now he gives up?
Red showed me that he is a coward and does not deserve a date with Raine
May the force be with you

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#10 Post by Myperson54 »

obi-wan wrote:I defended him all this time from everyone here, and now he gives up?
Red showed me that he is a coward and does not deserve a date with Raine
I..... don't think you get it. He was being a racist jerk before, and now he's apologizing for running his mouth. That's a good thing.
EDIT - Wait, now that I think about it, why did being a racist jerk make him deserving of a date before? I'm curious to hear why you think so.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

graufuchs
Citizen

#11 Post by graufuchs »

"I'm not clever enough to pretend!"

That's so sweet. Red is at least a lovable as he is obnoxious. I'm enjoying Group B more and more.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#12 Post by obi-wan »

I still thinking that nobody here was fair with him, and I showed which Sythe is a Racist jerk too but Red apologized with Raine for talk without think (as is his habit) but before he called her, beautyfull woman and asked her out I think he was totally honest there, and I thought that he deserved a chance, but now i change of mind, he show that is too weak

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#13 Post by MuonNeutrino »

obi-wan wrote:I think he was totally honest there, and I thought that he deserved a chance, but now i change of mind, he show that is too weak
I... really don't understand where you're coming from with this. All he did here was apologize for being thoughtless and hurting her feelings. That doesn't make you weak. In fact, frankly, it makes you *strong*. Any [censored] can insult someone, but someone who is *weak* wouldn't be able to muster the balls to admit that they were wrong. It takes real courage to admit that you [censored] up and ask for forgiveness. A *real* man is one who doesn't have to lie, to themselves or others, about what they did.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#14 Post by obi-wan »

MuonNeutrino wrote:
obi-wan wrote:I think he was totally honest there, and I thought that he deserved a chance, but now i change of mind, he show that is too weak
I... really don't understand where you're coming from with this. All he did here was apologize for being thoughtless and hurting her feelings. That doesn't make you weak. In fact, frankly, it makes you *strong*. Any [censored] can insult someone, but someone who is *weak* wouldn't be able to muster the balls to admit that they were wrong. It takes real courage to admit that you [censored] up and ask for forgiveness. A *real* man is one who doesn't have to lie, to themselves or others, about what they did.
I never said that he is weak for apologize, I'm really glad that he did it , is a great step forward, I say that he is weak because he give up on Raine instead of fight for her, if she like him as he said in the page that I pointed you

Kyrit
Templar

#15 Post by Kyrit »

obi-wan wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:
I never said that he is weak for apologize, I'm really glad that he did it , is a great step forward, I say that he is weak because he give up on Raine instead of fight for her, if she like him as he said in the page that I pointed you
I don't think he's given up on her. He just told her that despite her appearance, which he dislikes, that they're still friends. Sure that's not him saying he's still in love with her, but it doesn't mean that he doesn't like her anymore. He does still find her human form beautiful, and he is working on getting past the Keidran part. I do give Red props for that, and I'm one of the ones that was siding against him earlier. I don't hate Red, but I do think he can be an idiot. I think he has room to improve and that he can become a better character, which I'm sure will happen. He's already trying to take a step toward it every time he admits he's wrong.