Comic for February 5, 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Comic for February 5, 2014

#1 Post by Schrodinger »

ALT TEXT: Turnabout

And swerve! It was a trap all along! I think Natani has a headache now.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for February 5, 2014

#2 Post by Jay-Say »

What a turnabout to see Red and Sythe working together, although I do worry for Natani as well.

hands_of_stealth
Grand Templar

#3 Post by hands_of_stealth »

Well... can't say I ain't surprised.

There wasn't even a single hint that this was all planned. xD

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Ketzal »

YYYEEEESSSS!

God, I am glad I was proven wrong about this! Those guys are in fact smarter than the average bear, Who knew?

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#5 Post by CrRAR »

Ow, smashed across the back of the head with a rock. That'll extinguish any smug left on his face. At least it wasn't a sword through the chest this time.

Can't catch a break can ya Zen?

P.S. Will we ever see Ms. Nibbles again? Her absence is already killing me. :'(
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#6 Post by TinyVoices »

I wonder what they're going to do with Zen. Shouldn't keep an assassin alive, really. It'd be cruel to leave him to die, unless they leave him in an area where someone could find him. Though I'm not sure if they'll be thinking "let's not be cruel here." :|

Maybe we should start with asking: will Zen remember who he is when he wakes up?

obi-wan
Templar Master

#7 Post by obi-wan »

I think I judged Sythe too quickly, he proved to be the hero of the group now and Zen was a fool, who fell into that trap so easy
May the force be with you

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#8 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Huh. I honestly didn't expect that was actually what they were doing. When could they have arranged this? It doesn't seem plausible that they could have done it in the minute they were talking 'in the background' outside the tent, since we know Zen was close enough to overhear. But if they had planned it earlier, when we know Zen wasn't watching, it would have had to have been while Raine was examining the girls, or even before she woke up. And in that case, they are two of the best actors ever.

On another note, poor Zen, again. He keeps forgetting that Nat's not there to watch his back right now - he's too used to operating as part of a team. I assume the reason Red hit him with a rock rather than just stabbing him was because they know they have to capture him to have a hope of getting an antidote to the poison. That doesn't make getting the back of your head smashed by a bowling ball sized rock any less potentially lethal, though! :? At the very least he's out cold, and quite possibly badly injured. I wonder how Natani is going to react to that - I would assume that she'd be able to tell that *something* happened, but unless she happened to be paying attention right at that moment, would she know what?

Kyrit
Templar

#9 Post by Kyrit »

MuonNeutrino wrote:Huh. I honestly didn't expect that was actually what they were doing. When could they have arranged this? It doesn't seem plausible that they could have done it in the minute they were talking 'in the background' outside the tent, since we know Zen was close enough to overhear. But if they had planned it earlier, when we know Zen wasn't watching, it would have had to have been while Raine was examining the girls, or even before she woke up. And in that case, they are two of the best actors ever.
Gotta say I agree with you. =/ Unless they explain it to where it lined up around the time that we the readers know Zen was sleeping... I'm not buying that they had time to make up this plan without Zen overhearing. Either that or Zen is really bad at his job. He's been hanging around for quite a long while now, and for him to not have heard... just geez, Zen. It's no wonder you're failing left and right. Or perhaps Sythe will explain it (or someone will) that it wasn't particularly planned, but that Sythe assumed Red would come after him. But eh. Guess it works at least.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#10 Post by CrRAR »

MuonNeutrino wrote:Would she know what?
Well I assume there would be some head discomfort and the mindlink would go dead. So she may be able to infer a KO...or at least trouble.

Whatever she's doing right now probably just got rudely interrupted. What was Natani last doing again? Oh right, if you disregard the stargazing, Natani was last seen strokin' some fine Basitin eahr.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#11 Post by The Rookie »

I can't remember who wrote it, but someone called this twist a while ago on one of the earlier pages. So yeah, congrats to you random citizen, I honestly didn't see it coming.

I'm kind of hopeful that Zen will ultimately join group B similarly to how Natani joined group A. However, it'll probably be a very long time before any of them would consider him trustworthy after what he's put them through. Shame really, he seems like he's a nice enough guy who's just following orders.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Girault
Citizen

#12 Post by Girault »

Ouch. That'll leave a mark.

Can't say I saw it coming, either. Red actually planning something, and doing it semi-right? Highly irregular.

MAXOFLIFE
Traveler

#13 Post by MAXOFLIFE »

Spoiler!
I believe that this is a set-up by Scythe and Red, because in the comic page for January 23rd while Raine is talking to herself, Red and Scythe are having dialogue we can't hear. Maybe it's just foreshadowing of them preparing to fight in the next few panels, but it also might be them planning on a way to draw Zen out by making him think they are splitting the group.
I wasn't exactly sure what to believe, but if the next comic explains when they had made the plan, I believe it would be up above in the spoiler.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#14 Post by judah4 »

So much for the master assassin :P I was not expecting a plan between Red and Sythe. Well played :grin:

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#15 Post by anonfox123 »

Yikes, everything about that last panel just looks painful... Weird feels when you're rooting for everyone here, though. :|
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!