The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Aevere
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Comic pages for Sunday, April 6th, 2014

#1 Post by Aevere »

Alt text 1: Before the Faint.
Alt text 2: April Fools. What April Fools?

I am now confused. .-.

Edit: Then I saw the blog post. Things are now getting interesting >3
Edit2: A second page just came up. This is the first time I've managed to catch a comic being posted first, and everything is going haywire >.<

Zylver
Grand Templar

Re: Comic page for Sunday, April 6th, 2014

#2 Post by Zylver »

Getting really tired of this...

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Karcharoth
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Karcharoth »

Seems our April fools joke wasn't totally a joke.
Place for Your advert!

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#4 Post by CrRAR »

I love that this is canon. That really was the best reveal of any piece of fiction I can recall recently.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Icalasari
Traveler

#5 Post by Icalasari »

So, in two comics, it went from, "He's back from the dead!?" to "Oh, April Fool's!" to "Wait, he said no April Fool's update?" to "Ah, a dream, ok" to "That really DID happen!?"

God, I think I have mental whiplash from that @.@

Leonmaster08

#6 Post by Leonmaster08 »

Wow, that last part was all I needed to change my "Ha I knew it" to a "Wait what... Tom wasn't kidding?!?!" the way it was put was simply brilliant! Tom chose the perfect day to make his move, it makes me ask myself "Did he had the comics sorted for that last one come out precisely at April's Fools?"

Determinor
New Citizen

#7 Post by Determinor »

So...

Other than that, does it seem like Keith actually likes this situation? Alaric being somewhere inside Lynn I mean. From his statement "Making me believe I hadn't lost everything from my old life."

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#8 Post by BadFoMo »

The April fools update was actually for real? I don't know how to feel about this.

On the one hand it didn't go completely overboard and did have limitations.
On the other hand, it just seems like it was made up really quick with no rhyme or reason.

Also, the alternate text on the comic is, April Fools. What April Fools?.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

NothingIsSure
Master

#9 Post by NothingIsSure »

Ok - my mind is completely blown right now.
I think that Keith is going to have a really hard time (hapiness with Natani was so close! :<)
Haunted part 2 here we go...

btw. - Lynn's cap looks weird on the last panel (or maybe it's just me)
Want to see my 'art' ?
Don't set your dogs on me.

Aevere
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#10 Post by Aevere »

BadFoMo wrote:Also, the alternate text on the comic is, April Fools. What April Fools?.
Heh, Tom must have thought of a better alt text. Imma Change that.
Also thought you would have posted this, as I saw you browsing these forums when the new comic was put up.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#11 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah Woah.

Wait a second.

Is Lynn a boy or a girl then?
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Hoot
Apprentice

#12 Post by Hoot »

Know I am fine with the last, April 1st, comic page. Also sorry to sound, like I am repeating my self, but on my computer I see the following: Comic Page for Sunday, April 6st 2014... Is it just my computer?
-Hoot

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#13 Post by BadFoMo »

Aevere wrote:
BadFoMo wrote:Also, the alternate text on the comic is, April Fools. What April Fools?.
Heh, Tom must have thought of a better alt text. Imma Change that.
Also thought you would have posted this, as I saw you browsing these forums when the new comic was put up.
I was simply idling waiting for something to happen.

Also, that first one actually is another alternate text, it's the one on Twitter.

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Wait a second.
Is Lynn a boy or a girl then?
I'm going to assume that Lynn is male due to him stating that it was a joke and the King calling Lynn a he.

Hoot wrote:Know I am fine with the last, April 1st, comic page. Also sorry to sound, like I am repeating my self, but on my computer I see the following: Comic Page for Sunday, April 6st 2014... Is it just my computer?
No, I'm seeing the ST in the date as well.

In [url=http://twokinds.keenspot.com/news.php?storyid=20140406]a section[/url] of the news area of the front page, Tom wrote:The second fold of that two-foldedness I mentioned earlier unfortunately cannot be talked about right now. Saying anything specific would be a spoiler. However, what I can say is that Alaric's return is going to be an important factor in the overarching plot. He is a party member for a reason. But again, going into anything more could potentially ruin things, so that's all I'll say about that for now.
My inner fan/shyster: I cannot wait for the reason to be revealed! We cannot wait! None of us know what's going to happen tomorrow! Anything could happen. The apocalypse could be just around the corner! Please, tell us! Before there is still time left!

My inner skeptic: I'm a bit skeptic about this whole 'spoilers' story. You did say that Mike was only turned into a woman because someone slipped you $40 and that you were originally going to kill off Natani but the fans reaction to this stop that. What's to stop people from thinking you're only hiding behind this ‘spoilers’ thing when you really don't have to plan and you're just making this bit up as you go along?

I know we're not really going to get any spoilers, so please choose a reaction that amuses/least offends you.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by EvilNinjadude »

The Double April fools is real.

Tom said that there's more stuff that we could figure out, since hints were dropped and all that. I'm lazy, so until I feel the need to reread I'll just put up with not knowing what'll happen next.

Dragonfolk2000
Traveler

#15 Post by Dragonfolk2000 »

I will reserve judgement until I see what this does for the story. I hope Tom sticks to his guns.

Meanwhile, I never picked up on the stuttering. Probably because of the format used to imply. it. Has anyone else used this format to indicate a stuttering character?