Comic for Wednesday, June 25th 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for Wednesday, June 25th 2014

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Trust Issues

Looks like Raine's ears aren't just for show either.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Comic for Wednesday, June 25th 2014

#2 Post by Schrodinger »

15:14 Tom I apologize in advance for the cruddy quality of today's comic. I literally did it in about 5 hours, as that's all the hours I could spare.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Aeolus
New Citizen

#3 Post by Aeolus »

Is anyone else creeped out by Raine's facial expression in panel #5? Red's right, there's definitely something off about that squirrel.

Demonic possession theories aside, I wonder what the possibilities are that it's a dragon in disguise?
Still blank. I've yet to find something suitable to put here.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Definitely Foreboding.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#5 Post by obi-wan »

Seems that there is no choice that let Raine watching Zen, also [DBE] is right when they obtain what they want from Zen'd better get rid of him because, despite having no weapons or crystal, he is still dangerous, but it is also foolish to leave an enemy alive
May the force be with you

CLA
Traveler

#6 Post by CLA »

Aeolus wrote:Is anyone else creeped out by Raine's facial expression in panel #5? Red's right, there's definitely something off about that squirrel.

Demonic possession theories aside, I wonder what the possibilities are that it's a dragon in disguise?
Well, of course this might be a possibility... as well as it might be just a more or less normal squirrel that drives Red nuts XD
But Mrs. Nibbly aside, I wonder what Raine will do about Zen now that she overheard what Red said about "letting him go".
I'm pretty sure she won't just sit there waiting for Red to finish Zen off. On the other hand, she isn't the kind of person who would act behind the backs of their friends so I don't think she would just untie the guy who tried to kill them all and let him go.
I think the two most likely courses of action are that Raine will either talk to Zen as soon as he wakes up (or as soon as she is able to wake him) and convince him to cooperate without hesitation or that she will talk to Red, trying to convince him to not just kill Zen but to give him at least a chance of survival (like, keeping him tied to the tree). Both these scenarios could either lead to Zen travelling with the group so they might even befriend each other or it will give rise to a conflict between some of the members of group b (or just Raine and all the other members). After all, Zen didn't actually hurt the girls... they are just asleep. So there is at least a chance that Karen and maybe even Maren will forgive if... it's a very small chance, I think, but it's there.

Well, there might be another way this will end, now that I think about it... when Zen wakes up and realizes that he is in trouble, he might try to contact Natani to ask for ideas or any other kind of help that she might be able to provide. When Natani sees that her brother is in grave danger, she might be so shocked that she blurts it out while beeing in the presence of Keith, Trace or Flora, explaining to them what happened to her brother. This way, they might realize who captured Zen what might end up in a conversation between Trace and the others of gruop b, using Zen and Natani as tranceivers. Or at least Zen will have informations about Trace that might convince Red that Zen can still be of use to them and shouldn't be killed right away.
"You can't blame gravity for falling in love" ~Albert Einstein

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by SpottedKitty »

Is it just me, or is Raine's enchanted shackle a bit more glowy and sparkly than we've ever seen it, even before it was broken? And is there any glowy-sparkly-magic connection with her apparently losing the cut and bandage on her stomach?

And if Raine could hear what Red just said... just how unconscious is Zen right now?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#8 Post by Bellhead »

I bet she heard that, you bleep. You'd better watch your back.

In all seriousness, I don't think she'd take actions against Red or Sythe, but rather would try to help Zen. He'd have to play his cards right, though... Here come the negotiations. :roll: But then again, this would be the first time he's had the chance to talk to the most calm member of the group, who happens to not mind Keidran, alone, no less. This has the chance for some pretty serious character depth between these two, assuming Zen wakes up before the guys.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Zylver »

YAY! :grin: New page finally! :D Oh the joy! :P

I hope Raine still won't do any stupid things even if she overheard what Sythe and Red was talking about...

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#10 Post by jacobc62 »

*sniff sniff* I smell switching to Group A on the next page, anyone else smell it too?

It will certainly be interesting when it comes time to "let Zen go" what will happen with Group B....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Kyrit
Templar

#11 Post by Kyrit »

Schrodinger wrote:
15:14 Tom I apologize in advance for the cruddy quality of today's comic. I literally did it in about 5 hours, as that's all the hours I could spare.
I actually was going to comment on this page looking a bit rough and rushed. Definitely not the same quality of the past few pages we've had. As someone mentioned, Raine in panel 2 definitely took a hit from being rushed. Her eyes are where the awkwardness stems from though. They're oddly different sizes.

Aside from that though, any ideas what Nibs is doing in panel 3? There are lines to indicate movement, so she's up to something there.

One
Traveler

#12 Post by One »

I don't think Raine will let them kill Zen. She might let him go for real.

I smell it, too. A switch cometh.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#13 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Kyrit wrote:Aside from that though, any ideas what Nibs is doing in panel 3? There are lines to indicate movement, so she's up to something there.
Why, she's checking out Sythe's lucious behind, of course! He works on that thing day and night, you know. Non-stop squats and exercise.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Him »

Oh... OHHH noooo. Please not the whole sheltered idealistic woman lets the killer go thing. Don't be that person, Raine, don't.

DrakeArron
Citizen

#15 Post by DrakeArron »

okay guys, I think I got something-

So any seasoned reader knows that any possible reference has a 99% chance of being purposfull.

Red just refrenced nibbly as being off. And we know her to be identifiably female, which means the most likely conclusion with given knowledge is that shes Nora.

Going one step further, we also know that nora probably realizes the link between groups a and b (zen and natani), as going with this hteory shes been their for both. After all, shes pretty powerful too, so has likely seen it by now.

Even if she hasn't realized this, she is there for a reason. My guess as to the reason? To stop the death of zen.

As a final point, I especially think this because I feel like the reference might have been to hint at hope for zen in some way. And while I'm sure Raine could help, I feel like nora coming out and telling group b that zen is directly linked to the group thats trying to defeat the evil in the land would help a lot more.

What would be even funnier though is if Nora comes out to Raine and they plot a surprise plan together... :P
EDIT: Also, I REALLY want to see a squarill (spelling XP) turn into a dragon... so I may be biased...

Hope this theory isnt TOO crazy for my first one that would directly effect the comic...

-- Edit --
Oh, and really sorry about another point, but this HAS to be made and Im surprised it hasn't-

IK we all waited a long time for this, but come on guys. No thanks AT ALL for tom?
I mean seriously, he spent, nonstop, five hours on this thing. Apparently all the free time he could get. I mean seriously....

So, as Im apparently the ONLY one who cares...

(tom)

Nobody minds if you add more points after the fact, we'd just prefer you use the Edit button to do it, rather than the "New Post" button. Thanks.
--avwolf
Okay, so I started a story feedback topic to help out a story I'd like to do. Sorry for the generic no detail post, but there isn't much I know about it right know XP. Feedback pls and stufz Linky- http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18317