Comic for Wednesday, July 16th 2014

#1 Post by Aeolus »

Alt text: Should have seen that coming

I can't see this ending well.

Deaththekat
Merchant

Re: Comic for Wednesday, July 16th 2014

#2 Post by Deaththekat »

Oh Dear... What did she do this time? Or is Eric still being a perv?
edit; HOLY [censored] SECOND POST WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Chris
Templar

#3 Post by Chris »

Deaththekat wrote:Oh Dear... What did she do this time? Or is Eric still being a perv?
Maddie is supposed to be locked up, and I guess Eric was tracking her down with.. whatever that contraption is. Flora thinks Eric has been perving on a child.
Aeolus wrote:I can't see this ending well.
I second that.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

Chris wrote:
Deaththekat wrote:Oh Dear... What did she do this time? Or is Eric still being a perv?
Maddie is supposed to be locked up, and I guess Eric was tracking her down with.. whatever that contraption is. Flora thinks Eric has been perving on a child.
Because I seriously doubt that Eric would have preyed upon a child, I wonder if this is where Maddie's little story will fall apart.

By the way, what is that device supposed to do anyway?

Chris wrote:
Aeolus wrote:I can't see this ending well.
I second that.
As do I.

Also, the announcement on this page is;
(The Dragon Masquerade signed comic!)
7 days left until Comic-Con! Booth #2635

On Twitter, Tom also wrote; For those wondering, this is where the 10th ann. falls chronologically.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by SpottedKitty »

<short pause while I laugh like a tickled hyena>

Okay, now we know where the anniversary chapter fits into the timeline.

Are we sure Maddie was actually locked up (again)? I thought the last time we saw her — but apparently no-one else in the room did — she was peeking out from behind Natani while Eric was having his Kat-induced tantrum. Then Laura happened, and I don't think Natani ever got round to telling anyone what Maddie did.

Come to think of it, did anyone remember to tell Natani (who I think was belowdecks and busy being on fire at the time) that Maddie was even on board? Looking back on the "getting everyone's attention" scene, her sudden appearance was definitely unexpected.

And I thought things were confusing before... Image
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

kellade
Master
Location: Somewhere between the realms of technicolor horses, killer yet adorable animatronics, and reality.

#6 Post by kellade »

BadFoMo wrote:By the way, what is that device supposed to do anyway?
I'm thinking x-ray vision goggles, so he can see through objects that she's hiding behind.
Whatever they are, I like them!

Braken
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: ..

#7 Post by Braken »

I am really confused. Last time we saw Flora she was on her way to talk to Trace who she thought was freaking out over the pregnancy (Page 802). However, this page looks like it comes right after the night they all spent the night on the deck talking about the past few months (Page 766-778).

It seems like Tom either broke time or is jumping around time periods (which I know is a legitimate form of writing, but it seems a little awkward here). It also can't be "later that night" if this is all supposed to be in order because Keith and Natani just woke up and finished a very hot and steamy wash, which of course makes me assume that it's morning. Would someone mind telling me the correct timeline of where we are starting from when Keith let Laura go to now?

What I got is: Keith let Laura go --> Natani carries Keith to his room --> Trace and Flora go to the deck and are later joined by Keith and Natani --> Natani and Keith wake up together --> Natani and Keith get hot and steamy --> *Later that night* Flora is coming back from the deck after spending time with Trace.

I feel like I'd have less of an issue if "Later that night" wasn't there..

Cataloochee

#8 Post by Cataloochee »

thanks Braken, now im confused

Chris
Templar

#9 Post by Chris »

SpottedKitty wrote:Are we sure Maddie was actually locked up (again)?
I don't think she was. There hasn't been any indication that she was captured again, anyway. She got locked up after admitting to accidentally starting the fire, Eric and Trace went to talk about releasing Mike and Evals, and Maddie escaped while they were talking. After that, she appeared in the kitchen showing off her mad balancing skillz to Natani, then later when Trace and Flora were having breakfast. And then.. now. I guess Eric eventually went to check on her cell and noticed she was gone, so put that thing on to track her down.
Braken wrote:What I got is: Keith let Laura go --> Natani carries Keith to his room --> Trace and Flora go to the deck and are later joined by Keith and Natani --> Natani and Keith wake up together --> Natani and Keith get hot and steamy --> *Later that night* Flora is coming back from the deck after spending time with Trace.

Ditto. To me, it feels like (for Group A) the way the chapters were set up was chronologically consistent. Keith releases Laura, and passes out. That night, Trace and Flora go up to the deck to hang out, Keith wakes up, and heads up to the deck with his helmet. Natani sees and follows him. Up on deck, after the chapter close, Keith falls asleep and Natani carries him back to his room and falls asleep with him in bed. The next (this) morning, Keith wakes up and collapses, claiming "I felt fine earlier." (which I thought was a reference to him being up on deck during the 10th Anniversary chapter). The only thing slightly out of place was Flora not wearing Trace's shirt when they woke up, but it's not that inconceivable she took it off (after all, she did say it smells).

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#10 Post by BadFoMo »

Braken wrote:What I got is:
Keith let Laura go --> Natani carries Keith to his room --> Trace and Flora go to the deck and are later joined by Keith and Natani --> Natani and Keith wake up together --> Natani and Keith get hot and steamy --> *Later that night* Flora is coming back from the deck after spending time with Trace.
If I'm not mistaken, I think it goes…
Keith let Laura go --> Natani carries Keith to his room --> Natani and Keith wake up together --> Natani and Keith get hot and steamy --> Trace and Flora go to the deck and are later joined by Keith and Natani --> *Later that night* Flora is coming back from the deck after spending time with Trace.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Kyrit
Templar

#11 Post by Kyrit »

SpottedKitty wrote: Are we sure Maddie was actually locked up (again)? I thought the last time we saw her — but apparently no-one else in the room did — she was peeking out from behind Natani while Eric was having his Kat-induced tantrum. Then Laura happened, and I don't think Natani ever got round to telling anyone what Maddie did.
We know that she escaped, but I doubt Eric caught her once, put her back in, and she escaped again. The more likely thing is that Eric finally went to question her since he's gotten the slaves taken care of. The main reason Maddie was even in there was that he couldn't deal with her at the time with a dozen other things going on at once, so he put her in the brig where he thought she wouldn't be able to cause any trouble while he took of other matters. When he went down there to question her though, he realized she's missing. I imagine that he's been hunting around for her for quite some time now.

I'm sad to see that this is the direction we're going now though. I really would've liked to see some Flora and Kat interaction where Flora continued to slowly realize that Kat isn't just some idiotic sex slave. Flora's image of her has changed a bit over time, but I think she still doesn't see her as much more than a pampered slave. I also would have thought that before going to question Maddie Eric would have the sense to go have a chat with Kat and find out why exactly she gave away some very expensive robes. He would've had no indication that she'd escaped (other than perhaps Trace slipping up and mentioning it, though we don't know if they've talked much since the giant commotion), so I would expect to see him try to talk to Kat. Especially since it was indicated they spend their nights together, yet she had been working on Nat's robes all night. Did Eric not find it odd that Kat didn't come to bed? The very next page goes back to Flora and Trace in where he'd been cooking breakfast, so clearly she hadn't gone to bed. The next time Eric saw her would've been during the giant commotion where Laura appeared. We know this page right here happens after the anniversary chapter, indicating it's night again. So had Eric really not talked to Kat at all yet after all of this?

It's possible they've had a talk 'off camera' since sure, they aren't main characters, but I really would've liked to see Eric express that he's even somewhat interested in seeing why his "sister" has gone nuts. Besides, he's bound to know that even without going crazy and giving away expensive things that Flora admitting to a pregnancy would hit her hard. He of all people should know Kat can't have kids and that she probably needs a bit of company right about now. Would you not comfort a sibling at a time like this?

Part of me just hopes it was taken care of without us seeing, but the other says that if it was taken care of we should've gotten to see it. I'm one of the few that gives Eric at least some credit when others attack him, but if he really hasn't had a talk with Kat by now I'm truly starting to think he's a lost cause.

kellade
Master
Location: Somewhere between the realms of technicolor horses, killer yet adorable animatronics, and reality.

#12 Post by kellade »

Braken wrote:I am really confused. Last time we saw Flora she was on her way to talk to Trace who she thought was freaking out over the pregnancy (Page 802). However, this page looks like it comes right after the night they all spent the night on the deck talking about the past few months (Page 766-778).

It seems like Tom either broke time or is jumping around time periods (which I know is a legitimate form of writing, but it seems a little awkward here). It also can't be "later that night" if this is all supposed to be in order because Keith and Natani just woke up and finished a very hot and steamy wash, which of course makes me assume that it's morning. Would someone mind telling me the correct timeline of where we are starting from when Keith let Laura go to now?

What I got is: Keith let Laura go --> Natani carries Keith to his room --> Trace and Flora go to the deck and are later joined by Keith and Natani --> Natani and Keith wake up together --> Natani and Keith get hot and steamy --> *Later that night* Flora is coming back from the deck after spending time with Trace.

I agree, but Tom mentioned on his twitter that this is where the end of the 10th Anniversary picked up. I believe he skipped to 10th anniversary scene because he didn't get there as fast as he would've liked, but he really wanted to post it in October, so that's what he did, and he continued the rest of where he left off after the anniversary was done. A bit confusing yes, but on the bright side, maybe now we can find out what that blue triangle on Trace's face is :D

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Ketzal »

I'm not gonna add in to the timeline conversation, as I have nothing good to add to it >.>

on another note, dem angles! I like the look of the first panel

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14 Post by Bellhead »

Well, it's nice that we know where the Anniversary chapter comes in... Now we can stop arguing about it. :grin:

Also... Maddie, that little sneak. It's about time we get to see her, Flora AND Eric talking. I mean, granted, it'd be after substantial slappage and sliceage and general you-friggin-perv-I-hate-you-stop-praying-on-children-age. Maybe... Just maybe, Flora and Eric will at least come to an understanding about that little rabbling spy.

And maybe, if the stars align to spell it out in calligraphy, and at the same time somebody walking by says something about how Eric is a racist pervert while carrying a neon sign about equality, during a meteor shower, then there is a slight chance that Eric may just have the slightest point of self consiousness to allow Flora to finally get to him about his ways. Just maybe. :roll:

Also cute Maddie is cute, and Flora is just plain beautiful. There's no other word for it. Beautifully drawn, Tom. You're certainly pulling your weight as lord of the gods.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#15 Post by Him »

Oh my... this isn't going to end well.