Comic Page for November 26 2014

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic Page for November 26 2014

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

The Oldest Trick.

You know, it did look like Keith was wearing shorts in the last comic, but I just chalked it up to problems with the perspective. Guess I was wrong.

P.S. Dat tummy.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

zedrox
Traveler

Re: Comic Page for November 26 2014

#2 Post by zedrox »

Looks like the groups communicating through :natani: & :zen: is happening sooner than i anticipated.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#3 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

First to reply!

haha, true, if you can't argue, we rather fight and see who is weakest and are still friends afterwards :kathrin:
Also, all the characters look diffrent somehow...
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

zedrox
Traveler

#4 Post by zedrox »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:First to reply!
Beat ya to it :twisted:

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Nope, it was because of internet problem, so when I posted did I have no internet, and when I regained Connection, you managed to slip thru. (;_;)
no, i wont change it.

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#6 Post by Winter-huntsman »

So anyways, good update on the comic I believe in the last frame zen has finally decided to contact his sister. I would say her name but I always spell it wrong.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

Zylver
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Zylver »

Next page please already! :P

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Winter-huntsman wrote: I would say her name but I always spell it wrong.
Its easy!
Give me an N, give me an A, give me an T. Whats that spell'd?
DAMIT, don't reference that damn Movie and song!

From House of 1000 corpse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgOisCX5b7g/pussy liqour

Zylver wrote:Next page please already! :P
Agreed! :mrgreen: seems like am a Little to attached to the forum again...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

" *sigh* Boys.." Best line ever. XD

So that's how it works... She tricks him, then he uses that trick on her. So glad we got to see some action, even if it was only brief. And now we get to see Nat react to where Zen is, and Zen's reaction to what's gone on between Nat and Keith. Cue all the blushing and teasing, and questioning...

Love the art on this page. Even better than the last one.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

amenon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by amenon »

That may be the happiest Keith has ever looked.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Kaz
Master

#11 Post by Kaz »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:First to reply!

LIAR! And, don't go blaming the internet. That's just like blaming the lag.

(blaming the lag: Most gamers have a complex that they are the best player of _____________ ever to exist. If they screw up, they just say that the lag (internet) screwed up.)

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#12 Post by anonfox123 »

That devious smile though... (panel 3, or 2 depending on how you look at it)
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#13 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Heh. And finally Zen makes his appearance, and at an inconvenient time as usual. I wonder what sort of information Zen gets at the moment he 'pops in' to the foreground of Natani's mind via the link? We know that they are aware of what the other person perceives, and even seem to be able to 'look around' and see things in the other person's surroundings that the other person might not be looking at (magic, I guess). But do they get any context from the other person's mind? Mostly I wonder because Natani and Keith's pose in the last panel could be interpreted in two *very* different ways - Natani straddling Keith with their faces so close together? :grin: If Zen were any less preoccupied with his own immediate survival, I would definitely imagine him teasing Natani over that! Of course, with Zen tied naked to a tree Natani has plenty of material to tease him back.

Anyway, I love this strip. Keith and Natani are just so damn cute like this. It's a very different sort of relationship than any of the other characters in the comic have, but it works so well. I especially like how at home they are with teasing each other these days. It's an openness that neither character has ever really been comfortable enough to exhibit before, whether with each other or with other characters earlier in the comic. It kinda transforms them or 'brings them to life', almost, but without changing who they are. Keith and Natani really bring out the best in each other.

Also, on the mostly-unrelated topic of the comic art-style, I really do like Tom's skill at putting in little visual cues that, even though they don't actually make sense when you consciously think about them, instinctively help grab you into the events of the comic. For an example not related to this particular strip, real-life canines and felines don't sweat, except for a bit through their pawpads which is probably more for scent-marking than anything else. It certainly can't fulfill the function of cooling them down, and I think it's probably safe to say that it wouldn't work for keidran either. And yet, Tom makes great use of the 'sweat drops on face' visual convention to convey tension or nervousness, and unless you stop to think about it it never seems odd at all. Similarly, in this strip Keith and Natani are both a bit banged-up in the last couple panels. Keith has some kind of scuff on his face, and Natani has a bit of a shiner on his left eye. If you think about it, neither of those actually makes sense - any minor injuries of those types would not show through their fur. And yet, it's done so naturally that you'd never notice anything unless you specifically stopped to think about it, and it does a great job of instantly and instinctively conveying the action of the scene. It's not like this sort of thing is something that's unique to Tom's work, but I do admire the skill with which he employs it.

Also also, where did Natani suddenly get shorts from? Natani not having anything to wear was a plot point just a little while ago, so it seems strange that he suddenly has shorts to wear while sparring.

And did anyone catch the fight sound text in the middle panel? The top three say 'thump!', 'crack!', and 'bang!', but the smallest one is a bit tougher to make out. The last three letters are definitely 'ick', but the first letter doesn't look like a 'k'. It almost looks like it says 'lick', which would be an absolutely hilarious joke on Tom's part IMO (regarding the whole 'fight fight fight kiss kiss kiss' recent running joke here on the forums).
amenon wrote:That may be the happiest Keith has ever looked.
I have a feeling that, among other things, was exactly what Natani wanted to happen out of this. Natani is, I think, trying to keep Keith from brooding by distracting him and keeping him engaged in the world around him. He's trying to take care of Keith right now, and that includes emotionally as well as physically. A good sparring match is exactly the sort of thing Keith needs to help him get back on an even keel, and it's exactly the sort of thing Natani would think of. And, of course, I'm sure he's enjoying the sparring as much as Keith is.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by SpottedKitty »

MuonNeutrino wrote:Heh. And finally Zen makes his appearance, and at an inconvenient time as usual.
Well, at least Natani didn't have the usual reaction to Zen suddenly popping up. :mrgreen:

I've got to wonder, does Natani ever make Zen jump the same way? I can't remember the last time Natani started the communication, it's always been Zen every time (I think).
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#15 Post by Schrodinger »

Getting my crass thought out of the way now; I guess Natani likes being on top.

Another thing of note is it looks like Tom went back on a previous retcon and Basitins have four toes again. Interesting.
What was it the spider said to the fly...