Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for Saturday, January 31, 2015

#1 Post by Bellhead »

ALT TEXT: "Tail and Fur don't matter... if your name is Raine"

Alternate Image: youhypocrite.png

Well, he didn't screw it up like he usually does. Mega uber points for that, it's such a rare thing with him.
Well, he's willing to stand up for her regardless of her species... As said in the alt. image, "Let's not start asking for miracles here." Even coming as far as he has, though completely unavoidable, was a wicked long way for him to go, and Sythe unfortunately was not passed along the way. :P
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tendo
Master

Re: Comic for Saturday, January 31

#2 Post by Tendo »

I was going to comment that maybe specifically using "human" when saying "on the inside" instead of "person" or something similar might be a poor choice of words with some unfortunate implications.... but the bonus image seems to have addressed that in a hilarious way :mrgreen:

lemurvid
New Citizen

#3 Post by lemurvid »

"Human on the inside"...
Magnificently missing the point there, Red. He means well though...

deadman2011
New Citizen

#4 Post by deadman2011 »

I really like the artwork in this page especially in panel 2 with the way the sun is showing through over the treeline and accenting the birds in the sky. Red's starting to change my opinion of him with this one page. At least it's a start. I hope he continues to grow as a character.
Your soul is mine...

amenon
Grand Templar

#5 Post by amenon »

I'm pretty okay with the line Red is taking here. He's getting there, he's getting there.

Probably a theoretical question, but I'm wondering if the shackle could actually block someone from using black magic. It's not an exact parallel to Trace at the tower.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Bellhead »

amenon wrote:Probably a theoretical question, but I'm wondering if the shackle could actually block someone from using black magic. It's not an exact parallel to Trace at the tower.
Not an exact parallel, no, because the mana sink was a siphon, not a blocker. I have a strong belief that it would stop all forms of magic, not just the usual blue kind.

Although we know Zen knows of black magic, does he know how to DO any of it? Or, more realistically, does Natani? I don't think so.

EDIT: Nice work with the effect of the sun blurring the lineart, Tom. Very realistic. In fact, it was SO realistic, I didn't think twice when I saw it 'cause it looked so good. Your skills are second to none, let nobody tell you otherwise.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tendo
Master

#7 Post by Tendo »

Bellhead wrote:Although we know Zen knows of black magic, does he know how to DO any of it? Or, more realistically, does Natani? I don't think so.
I think the issue is more than Red and Co. don't know that and can't take the risk.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by SpottedKitty »

lemurvid wrote:"Human on the inside"...
I'd say Raine agrees, going by her expression in the second last panel. :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#9 Post by BadFoMo »

lemurvid wrote:"Human on the inside"...
I have to agree, but then I remembered that this is [Database error] we are talking about here. The man has an Intelligence level of 5 maybe 6 and I'm not exactly sure what his Speech level is, so this probably the best thing he could do. The best case scenario probably would have been "I know what you're really like on the inside. The girls will realize you're still the same too, in time."

P.S. Am I the only one that read [Database error]'s line "You're one of us." and then heard the chanting "One, of, us. One, of, us. One, of, us."?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for Saturday, January 31, 2015

#10 Post by Rafe »

Red is just guilty of clumsy wording (not unusual for him) on the meaning of "human".
To expand on his logic, I'd say that there are plenty of humans who aren't human on the inside, and plenty of keidran who are more human on the inside than most humans are.

asuszenfone5
Traveler

#11 Post by asuszenfone5 »

So with each new page Zen is less and less likely to perish. Not that i'm disappointed, like many corporations that are too big to fail the wolf is too cute to die. Also i'm quite pleased to see comic updates more often

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Bellhead »

asuszenfone5 wrote:Also i'm quite pleased to see comic updates more often
Tom really meant it when he said he wanted to make more comics this year. Much happiness as well.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by SpottedKitty »

BadFoMo wrote:I have to agree, but then I remembered that this is [Database error] we are talking about here. The man has an Intelligence level of 5 maybe 6 and I'm not exactly sure what his Speech level is, so this probably the best thing he could do.
He caught a nasty case of Foot In Mouth disease when he was younger, and never really recovered...?

Where other characters have the involuntary abilities of "Attract Monster", "Inflict Collateral Damage" or "Set Off Trap", his is "Say The Wrong Thing In The Wrong Way"...?

:twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Vintage »

Bellhead wrote:
asuszenfone5 wrote:Also i'm quite pleased to see comic updates more often
Tom really meant it when he said he wanted to make more comics this year. Much happiness as well.
Much, much more happiness for me!

Raine's hair in panel 1 is simply gorgeous. One of Tom's tweets mentioned that he's tired of the weather, and really wanted to draw the warmth and sunlight. It's quite evident in this last week of pages, and it's simply stunning! :heart:
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

mycatiscrazy
Merchant

#15 Post by mycatiscrazy »

:redhair: :heart: :raine: is quickly becoming an otp...
"When in doubt, C4" - Jamie Hyneman