The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

Comic for Thursday April 2 2015

#1 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Sharing the pain

Also: Hope you enjoyed yesterdays April Fools comic! Here's the real page. (And for those who fell for it, no, Mrs Nibbly cannot in fact talk)
Haha, really funny Tom... Dunno if that was the joke or that you failed in the upload session

(Update)
There was, in fact, no April Fools comic. Gotcha ;D
I take this as a personal message due to what I stated earlier
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Bachaddict
Apprentice

Re: Comic for April 2 2015

#2 Post by Bachaddict »

Wait, the April fools prank is a non-existent comic? Nice one, second thing to get me!
|This box is too sm|

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

It's kinda hard to read the text when the image is tilted over it. :P

So Flora WAS in Edinmire. And it seems she was pretty close to her "masters". I wonder if we'll ever get to see them...? A reunion could be interesting, given all that's happened since those days.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

ReBob
Council Member

#4 Post by ReBob »

One page closer to upcoming conflict. Or maybe it will be an emotional release for Flora as she confronts her old master and/or his family assuming he's deceased or something. I can't remember, she escaped right? Which means they may want her back since she'd still be their property.

Great page though.

Also, April Fools sucks.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Shannara360
Traveler

Re: Comic for Thursday April 2 2015

#5 Post by Shannara360 »

Does... Does Trace have the map upside down?
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukamae/ Check out my friend's artwork! It is pretty legit! My avatar was drawn by her and is used with permission.

Chris
Templar

#6 Post by Chris »

ReBob wrote:One page closer to upcoming conflict. Or maybe it will be an emotional release for Flora as she confronts her old master and/or his family assuming he's deceased or something. I can't remember, she escaped right? Which means they may want her back since she'd still be their property.
It seems Flora has had more than one master. Her bio mentions: "Flora was lucky enough to be reluctantly purchased by a friendly human family, who chose to make her an indentured servant to pay off the debt. ... Flora was eventually release from her servitude early and allowed to return to her people." That makes it sound like she was with relatively nice people (which also fits with her thinking of her master as 'father' rather than owner), and willingly released from slavery when she paid off the price she was bought for. But she has also talked about how her time in slavery was terrible, with many escape attempts failing and leaving her in pain. Now, granted, slavery and indentured servitude aren't really that nice even in the best of times, but it still feels like there's two extremes here.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Zylver »

And you guys failed to see the bottom message :D

(There was, in fact, no April Fools comic. Gotcha ;D)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Chris
Templar

#8 Post by Chris »

Shannara360 wrote:Does... Does Trace have the map upside down?
It looks right side up to me.

:P

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Zylver wrote:And you guys failed to see the bottom message :D

(There was, in fact, no April Fools comic. Gotcha ;D)
Haha, Too busy being the first... Dunno if it actually was there before I made this post.

If so... *yay* personal message!

asphere8
Master

#10 Post by asphere8 »

It would appear that Tom can draw fast when he wants to. Loads of detail in the backgrounds here. I love it. :D
The fact that Edinmire is the place where Flora was enslaved is an interesting piece of information.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

asphere8 wrote:It would appear that The culprit can draw fast when he wants to. Loads of detail in the backgrounds here. I love it. :D
The fact that Edinmire is the place where Natani was enslaved is an interesting piece of information.
Actually, if we look back to chapter 10, where we can see Trace travel with Saria, we can also spot Flora on the same page. So they did travel across the human land to get to the cabin where Saria dies, wich also makes sense since it was a wolf. So Trace have 2 properties, one in east and one in west.

Intresting

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

Sorry I'm late, I had to help my ‘friend’ and his dad watch his aunt's place all night. Did this get updated? And if so does anyone have the original?
Bachaddict wrote:Wait, the April fools prank is a non-existent comic? Nice one, second thing to get me!
Well, he didn't do an April Fool’s Day comic (hooray for not breaking promises!), but I still think he could've released it yesterday with a message saying "No April Fool’s Day comic today, not after last year's disaster.".

Anyway, more on topic, does anyone else think that Flora looks good with that green cloak?
ReBob wrote:Also, April Fools sucks.
You will get no argument out of my ‘friend’. Speaking of which, at the time I'm posting this is now 6:57 AM. I'm going to use my secret mod powers to disable the word filters.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

yaytime
Apprentice

#13 Post by yaytime »

got to say the backgrounds are looking nice in this one
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#14 Post by BadFoMo »

Sorry for commenting so soon, but I think the comic hasn’t been updated yet. In panel one; is it just me, or does it look like Flora is floating/has no legs with the way her tail is showing the background when I think it should be showing the inside of her cloak and maybe a foot?

Also, I think Trace’s shoe is not colored in.
For the header, Tom wrote:Hope you enjoyed yesterday's April Fools comic! Here's the REAL page!
And for those who fell for it, no, Mrs Nibbly cannot in fact talk.
In the event that the Squirrel does speak, we advise you ignore it’s advice.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#15 Post by Schrodinger »

Tigers give very powerful (and deadly) hugs.
What was it the spider said to the fly...