Comic for Sunday, May 11 2015

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

Comic for Sunday, May 11 2015

#1 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Maybe y'could block that off or somethin', hun.
VERY, GOOD

lemurvid
New Citizen

Re: Comic for Sunday, May 11 2015

#2 Post by lemurvid »

I love the "East" with an arrow carved on the corridor wall. I suppose if the 'walls' took you to several places, it might be handy to know where you'd ended up...
And where is Meave, drat her?

Autumn
Traveler

#3 Post by Autumn »

So... I'm early to arrive. Which gives me the unique opportunity to point the awesome thing out.

I was going to comment on how Tom has now drawn the painting from the incentive four times (by the door and behind Addy's head on the bottom two panels), which is cool. Looking closely though, the painting in the last frame isn't Addy. Rather, it just looks similar. Most noticeable, the bottom caption says:

Amelia of Ri
Founder * Mot

The first one is undoubtedly Amelia of Riftwall. The second? Mother? I'm not positive that's an O.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#4 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Wow, this comic took a Deep turn... Well, dark mana is never a good sign if we recall from all the incidents with Trace.

Is it just me or do the ''dark'' side look diffrent in the reflection? If so... That painting in the dark looks more like Amelia than Addy, so Amelia that was over hyped was the owner of the sister tavern. Or Tom will surprise us with that ''this'' girl is her.

Does it say "Founder" in the reflection?
So Amelia is the founder and is probably dead... sad

:kathrin:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

ReBob
Council Member

#5 Post by ReBob »

Well, this is unexpected. Convinced this portal will have a purpose eventually. Excuse to delay the arrival to Lyn'knoll longer? I hope not, I really want to know for sure what's up with that place.

Maybe this portal will be used by wolves to flank the humans? Every war needs a healthy dose of flanking. Could explain it being inactive and whispering being heard, the whispers of a war council planning a surprise attack. Or maybe the other tavern was destroyed and the portal is just broken.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Autumn
Traveler

#6 Post by Autumn »

"Amelia of Riftwall" and "Founder" are clear to see. The third word is completely covered, but the middle one may be important. There aren't all that many words that's start with Mot-, so I'd say the most likely is "Mother", which would imply some interesting things. It could also be something like "Motivation" or "Motion", but those don't seem to fit as nicely. I love how interesting Amelia is despite this being the first time we've ever seen her in the actual comic.

Maybe it says "Founder * Mott's Applesauce"

gertok9
Master

#7 Post by gertok9 »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote:Wow, this comic took a Deep turn... Well, dark mana is never a good sign if we recall from all the incidents with Trace.

Is it just me or do the ''dark'' side look diffrent in the reflection? If so... That painting in the dark looks more like Amelia than Addy, so Amelia that was over hyped was the owner of the sister tavern. Or Tom will surprise us with that ''this'' girl is her.

Does it say "Founder" in the reflection?
So Amelia is the founder and is probably dead... sad

:kathrin:
I had a suspicion that Amelia was in fact Adira's mother, and now this plaque that says "Mother" might be a solid piece of evidence. Nothing says Amelia actually lived during the events of the main comic. She could have lived 20 years ago for all we know
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#8 Post by DariusL »

Ooh, so this is where the concept sketches for the Riftwall tavern and Amelia Riftwall come into play. Beautiful.
Your storywriting skills have come a long way since the beginning of it all Tom, and the turn the story just took is magnificent

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

Well. That, explains.. some. Anyway, I took the liberty of enlargening ang brightening up that plaque, and this is what I got:
It could very well be "mother".

So the Riftwall is named for the wall, which is a rift in what, space/time (maybe?), and connects other Riftwall Taverns. How many taverns are there? And has anyone gone through this thing since it went dark?

Also, love that the painting is in the background. "Dignity. Poise. Nom." Best quote ever.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

gertok9
Master

#10 Post by gertok9 »

Bellhead wrote:Also, love that the painting is in the background. "Dignity. Poise. Nom." Best quote ever.
I wonder if Tom drew the painting again, or if he just copy and pasted it into this page

Zylver
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Zylver »

Aaaaand Tom just introduced Alluvians to the word of TwoKinds :D

Wonder when will Morigan or Merrill will step trough :roll:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#12 Post by BadFoMo »

Zylver wrote:Aaaaand Tom just introduced Alluvians to the word of TwoKinds :D
He introduces what?

Anyway, the portal is still somewhat showing what's on the other side since the text associated with the portrait on the other side is still readable (I originally thought this was an error and that the portrait was on the opposing wall in the same building but now makes me question why Adira's reflection isn't transparent), so maybe it's not completely broken?
Adira wrote:There are even stories that once, this gate could lead you to other Riftwalls, in other places.
When you say ‘other Riftwalls’, do you mean that in this reality there are portals like these and they're called Riftwalls, or do you mean other Riftwall Taverns in parallel realities?

If the former, I guess those runes and Sims Plumb Bob at the top are how you set the destination to these other portals. The real question now is, how.

If the latter, please, Tom, for the love of what little is still decent in this world, do not have the characters pull a ‘BioShock Infinite’ and travel into a parallel reality to solve a problem which potentially only exists in their reality!

Also, the alternate text for this one is, The Tavern Gate.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

gertok9
Master

#13 Post by gertok9 »

BadFoMo wrote:
Zylver wrote:Aaaaand Tom just introduced Alluvians to the word of TwoKinds :D
He introduces what?
Elven wrote:Eluvians are portals that link to one another in the Dragon Age games

Anyway, the portal is still somewhat showing what's on the other side since the text associated with the portrait on the other side is still readable (I originally thought this was an error and that the portrait was on the opposing wall in the same building but now makes me question why Adira's reflection isn't transparent), so maybe it's not completely broken?
Elven wrote:The portrait is of a completely different Keidran, so the portal is still working in some semblance
Adira wrote:There are even stories that once, this gate could lead you to other Riftwalls, in other places.
When you say ‘other Riftwalls’, do you mean that in this reality there are portals like these and they're called Riftwalls, or do you mean other Riftwall Taverns in parallel realities?

If the former, I guess those runes and Sims Plumb Bob at the top are how you set the destination to these other portals. The real question now is, how.

If the latter, please, Tom, for the love of what little is still decent in this world, do not have the characters pull a ‘BioShock Infinite’ and travel into a parallel reality to solve a problem which potentially only exists in their reality!

Also, the alternate text for this one is, The Tavern Gate.
Sorry if those quotes ended up looking like [censored]

Jan125
Citizen

#14 Post by Jan125 »

Magic. *Snortsnort*
This kind of transportation could come in handy, though.

yaytime
Apprentice

#15 Post by yaytime »

well if team b are near the other rift wall (i honestly don't know if they are or not) it could be used for fast travel to Edinmire and (although as most of team b are wolfs at the Minuit that could be interesting) mean the teams meet up (and probably split joining the others making 3 main groups being Kieth's trace's and the boat)
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals: