Fav. Twokinds Character: ..

Comic For Wednesday, July 22 2015

#1 Post by Braken »

Kappa

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

Re: Comic For Wednesday, July 22 2015

#2 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

Wow, got here literally right as this was posted. Also my first post on a comic thread.

Looks like Daniels and Tigress #37 sent some time together.

Also, when I saw your name, I had to take a second look because I thought you were this guy
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Braken
Merchant

#3 Post by Braken »

TheFrozenSlime wrote:Wow, got here literally right as this was posted. Also my first post on a comic thread.

Looks like Daniels and Tigress #37 sent some time together.

Also, when I saw your name, I had to take a second look because I thought you were this guy
I may or may not be a fan :P

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#4 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

One quick post off-topic:
Braken wrote:I may or may not be a fan :P
You joined in 2012. His first release was 2013. I am suspicious, kinda. But let's keep this sort of discussion to PMs.

As an add-on to my previous post, I'm curious as to why a Keidrian would leave very human-shaped lipstick marks, or even wear lipstick at all.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Nova
New Citizen

#5 Post by Nova »

We can't see Trace's face... that's no good sign.

But I love the attention to details, like the lipstick.

Braken
Merchant

#6 Post by Braken »

Nova wrote:We can't see Trace's face... that's no good sign.

But I love the attention to details, like the lipstick.
I enjoy how Tom throws those funny little Easter eggs into the comic.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#7 Post by The Rookie »

Poor Kei, can't seem to get it right, can he?

At least we know for certain that he's trying to do the right thing by Flora, but just going about it the wrong way.

Side note, are those feather's behind Daniels' back ? Maybe it's our new tigress friend hiding just out of view.
Still good to see them though :roll:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#8 Post by SirJahar »

Yes, Daniels, go back to Fun Times with Tigress #37, she seems to be good for you.
And now we get more info on Kei: He's been this kind of controlling jerk for quite some time! As for calling the Guards under Keiren's command his "goons"... Eh, common enough term when you are on the other side of the issue as the Law Officers present. Though I seem to have a theory forming in my head on what will happen with Kei, his men, and the imprisoned Canines later, involves a lot of death and guilt.

I wander if Trace is still fighting down his demons, or if he has time to find a certain attraction in knowing that Flora will stand up for him....

imalbert
Master

#9 Post by imalbert »

Flora, if you are going to friendzone someone, waiting until after you're pregnant with his child is not a good time.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by SpottedKitty »

Nova wrote:But I love the attention to details, like the lipstick.
Tigress #37: "What's lipstick...?" <fanged grin>

Which ties in nicely with the "whatever you were doing" line. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

prototype99
Master

#11 Post by prototype99 »

i thought the lipstick was two scratches XD
stop! look at these cute emotes! :flora: :kathrin: :natani: :nora: okay you may continue!

Niara
Apprentice

#12 Post by Niara »

Part of the subtext to see here is to emphasise that we can't condemn Kei completely for his unconsciously racist tendencies, since, visibly, it's both very prevalent and strong here. He's more guilty of sheeping it, especially when we consider that he wasn't always like this, but changed... apparently to fit in with the opinions and beliefs of the majority of his friends and contemporaries.

It's more of what was hinted at before: that he wants to do what's best for Flora, but that his own ingrained beliefs lead him to unconsciously ignore her, dismiss her words and actions (unless they're made so prominent as to be unignorable, as now), and make decisions for her without asking her, in order to do so.

It might be bigotry of any sort that differentiates him and flora... but by far the most likely is that it's racism. It's so ingrained though that he literally can't see that he's trying to make up for ignoring her and being controlling in their past... by ignoring her and being controlling now. She has to spell it out for him ,and he still doesn't really seem to quite grasp it. It's not conscious, clearly... but that doesn't change the fact that it's going to take one heck of a mind-opener to shift.

Unfortunately.... I feel as though IF trace were in a safer mental place now, than a few moments ago, we'd have had a shot to see his face. We didn't... and that's not good.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#13 Post by HugMePlz »

Kei claims he is just making up for the terrible things he done in the past for Flora, but in the opposite way of what he thinks he is doing.

i lurk

kdragonk
Apprentice

#14 Post by kdragonk »

Let's hope Kei understands what he should do before Trace goes over 9000.
Also, how I imagine the guards right now:
ImageImage

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#15 Post by BadFoMo »

Nova wrote:We can't see Trace's face... that's no good sign.
I'm not so sure about that. I know we’re only looking at the back of his hood, but it doesn’t look like he’s fighting his old self at the moment.

What Flora said in the last panel makes me wonder if this is going to somehow become relevant if Natani is arrested.

Speaking of Natani being arrested, I once saw a part of a documentary on actual pirates of the Caribbean; in that one little section that pirates were about to disembark when they were stopped by the guards who issued them a warning stating that if they left their ship and stepped onto the docks they would instantly be arrested (or something along those lines). Am I the only one that thinks that something like this might happen?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!