Comic for Monday, August 17 2015

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tendo
Master

Comic for Monday, August 17 2015

#1 Post by Tendo »

Alt text: Sneak Attack! aka attack of the uncreative sound effects.

Is "apothecary man" about to become the new abused character in place of Tom? S:P

.... is that a dragon?

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for Monday, August 17 2015

#2 Post by BadFoMo »

I don't know who this character is (perhaps she is missing Dragon Princess and/or Princess Reni), but the fact that she appears to be a Human/Dragon or Lizard abomination with Digitigrade feet makes me like her design instantly :grin:.

Also, we have a sketch.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

asphere8
Master

#3 Post by asphere8 »

Wh... Who- or rather what is that?
Is this why the page took longer than usual?
I'm certainly very excited to see what's next! :o

Also, woo, some action!

And as usual, comic posted just in time to prevent me from going to sleep.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Tendo
Master

#4 Post by Tendo »

BadFoMo wrote:but the fact that she appears to be a Human/Dragon or Lizard abomination with Digitigrade feet makes me like her design instantly :grin:.
I assumed she was just a dragon who shapeshifted into a somewhat human form.

Though I also recall some mention once of it being hard for a dragon to walk in a bipedal form.

CHAOKOCartoons
Traveler

#5 Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Whoa, is she one of those reptiles from the mountains that Flora mentioned in the Anniversary arc??
And that guy in the back, he has light blue hair and 2 tattoos! He's must be like... an advanced Trace. :o

Aurora
Citizen

#6 Post by Aurora »

Whoa, very nice. Keith looks so bad-a$$ there. ... And ... oh, ****, looks like it's about to hit
the fan! :shock:

yaytime
Apprentice

#7 Post by yaytime »

well 3 stone bolas nice, also I think Maddie did that to the apothecary one purpose lol also que going to team b as the action starts :grin:
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

Kelden
Traveler

#8 Post by Kelden »

Ehh, I don't think so - not after only three pages.

We'll see this through just a little further yet.

But yeah, LOVE that casual "lolno" from the three of them. Basitins are known badasses, did they really think some simple bolas would work on them? :P

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#9 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Whoa. Keith just got even cooler. I mean, just look at that! Whoo. I'll have to try to sketch that..

Also, nice sneaky duck, Maddy.

Digitigrade dragons. If Twokinds introduces naga, my nose is gonna lose a lot of blood, animu style.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#10 Post by tony1695 »

I'd just like to take this moment and point out one of my biggest qualms with most anthro art, and that is that the feet are never of a size sufficient enough to provide enough balance. A perfect example of which is on this page
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Chris
Templar

#11 Post by Chris »

tony1695 wrote:I'd just like to take this moment and point out one of my biggest qualms with most anthro art, and that is that the feet are never of a size sufficient enough to provide enough balance.
I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. At some point in my life, I picked up the habit of walking on the balls of my feet with the heel off the ground, so it is like digitigrade motion. This is a quite unnatural way for humans to walk, yet I stay balanced just fine. Oddly enough, the most difficulty I have doing that is when I stand still as my legs having difficulty finding the center of gravity, but when I'm moving it works just fine... and I bet for a species that is designed or adapted to be like that naturally, they'd be far better than me at keeping balance. I bet tails helps them maintain balance, too.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#12 Post by tony1695 »

Chris wrote:
tony1695 wrote:I'd just like to take this moment and point out one of my biggest qualms with most anthro art, and that is that the feet are never of a size sufficient enough to provide enough balance.
I wouldn't necessarily say that's true. At some point in my life, I picked up the habit of walking on the balls of my feet with the heel off the ground, so it is like digitigrade motion. This is a quite unnatural way for humans to walk, yet I stay balanced just fine. Oddly enough, the most difficulty I have doing that is when I stand still as my legs having difficulty finding the center of gravity, but when I'm moving it works just fine... and I bet for a species that is designed or adapted to be like that naturally, they'd be far better than me at keeping balance. I bet tails helps them maintain balance, too.
It's more that there's a minimum surface area that has to be in contact with the ground at all times to maintain balance. The paws we see on the half-dragon are way too small to provide that.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

JMadoc
Master

#13 Post by JMadoc »

tony1695 wrote:
Chris wrote:
It's more that there's a minimum surface area that has to be in contact with the ground at all times to maintain balance. The paws we see on the half-dragon are way too small to provide that.
Are you seriously implying that she needs feet that's as wide as her torso?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14 Post by Bellhead »

Tendo wrote:Though I also recall some mention once of it being hard for a dragon to walk in a bipedal form.
That was only Nora. Also,
tony1695 wrote:
Chris wrote:
Tails. Plain and simple. Having another limb that could easilly be grabbed to prevent escape would have been evolutionarily wiped out millions of years ago had they not provided some extreme advantage, which is first and foremost, balance. It's how monkeys stay balanced in trees, for one.
Imagine having another arm, used only for counter-balancing yourself while standing still.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#15 Post by Schrodinger »

Now, bolas don't really work that way but that's a minor quibble. Fiction and reality agree on so few things. Now as for this Lady Drake, it's possible that she's a taur as Tom has been on record stating that Lady Nora prefers quadrupedal forms since she has difficulty standing on two feet. The same could be true here. Either way, I wonder how our favorite ambassador will diffuse this situation.

And would you look at that, Keith having and itty-bitty badass moment. I'm proud of you.
What was it the spider said to the fly...