#1 Post by yaytime »

Alt: Burning Bridges... And paper work.

Well there goes the diplomat angle.
The one true ship :mike: :heart: :evals:

gertok9
Master

Re: Comic for Monday, August 26 2015

#2 Post by gertok9 »

I would recommend changing "A lizard look" to "The lizard look" in the second to last panel, it just seems to flow better that way. Anyway, I see Lynn is trying to get all of Adra's cards on the table right off the bat (I know her name isn't Adrakist but do you have a better name?) And what exactly is this creature? A human dragon crossbreed?
Unofficial editor/proofreader of Twokinds
How triggered are you right now?

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Comic for Wednesday, August 26 2015

#3 Post by avwolf »

gertok9 wrote:And what exactly is this creature? A human dragon crossbreed?
Given Lynn's explanation, she's "just" a Human. She's used magic to alter her appearance and abilities to make her more "holy" for the sake of her religion of dragon worship. No crossbreeding or hybridization necessary. When you've got access to magic, body modification like this wouldn't be unheard of.

My favorite part is that Keith completely disregards interacting with her. His only question is to Lynn, speaking as if our dragon lady were simply a strange piece of unsettling furniture. (Yes, that slightly beats out Lynn's directly provoking the woman.) Which can only mean that Keith and Lynn are providing Madelyn a smoke screen. ;)

-- I've changed my mind --
My favorite part is that Tom has now introduced organized religion to Twokinds. Another piece of the cultural puzzle and another intricate detail of the world building has, at last, been sketched in.

deadman2011
New Citizen

#4 Post by deadman2011 »

avwolf wrote:My favorite part is that Keith completely disregards interacting with her. His only question is to Lynn, speaking as if our dragon lady were simply a strange piece of unsettling furniture. (Yes, that slightly beats out Lynn's directly provoking the woman.) Which can only mean that Keith and Lynn are providing Madelyn a smoke screen. ;)
Didn't really think about it like that. Good eye pointing that out. But Lynn seems rather irritated at her impatience and lack of respect towards their diplomatic angle. Oh well she seems to have done goofed pretty hard and shall soon learn the error of her ways and her place in the world.
Your soul is mine...

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

avwolf wrote:
Given Lynn's explanation, she's "just" a Human. She's used magic to alter her appearance and abilities to make her more "holy" for the sake of her religion of dragon worship. No crossbreeding or hybridization necessary. When you've got access to magic, body modification like this wouldn't be unheard of.

My favorite part is that Keith completely disregards interacting with her. His only question is to Lynn, speaking as if our dragon lady were simply a strange piece of unsettling furniture. (Yes, that slightly beats out Lynn's directly provoking the woman.) Which can only mean that Keith and Lynn are providing Madelyn a smoke screen. ;)

My favorite part is that Tom has now introduced organized religion to Twokinds. Another piece of the cultural puzzle and another intricate detail of the world building has, at last, been sketched in.
Keith didn't even acknowledge her as a person! He referred to her as a 'what' like he were inquiring about a wild animal. Excuse me while I have a maniacal laugh. Oh, and I bet Lynn will have to spend an entire night to rewrite that document, forging signatures is careful work.

Crawl back into your nest, wannabe, no one here's impressed by a poser.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

mhalpern
Citizen

#6 Post by mhalpern »

avwolf wrote:

Both providing a smoke screen and taking advantage of her emotions- its never a good idea to fight angry, you become FAR more predictable and haphazard, they are up against opponents with incredible skill in an ability they completely lack, magic- so they take advantage of everything they can to level the playing field.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#7 Post by The Rookie »

I'm kind of interested to see how this dragon cult fits in with the Templar. Are they a small group found mostly within the Templar, or is it a larger mainstream religion. Also what aspects/which dragons do they worship? Lady Nora doesn't seem like the kind to build a standing army, so I guessing we're going to be introduce to the 'bad' dragons shortly.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#8 Post by FrogSteaks »

Schrodinger wrote:Keith didn't even acknowledge her as a person! He referred to her as a 'what' like he were inquiring about a wild animal. Excuse me while I have a maniacal laugh.
I like to imagine he did that because she just did the same thing when referring to Natani. "Hand it over..."

Man, Lynn better watch what he says or he'll find himself extra crispy.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

asphere8
Master

#9 Post by asphere8 »

She looks a bit less muscular than I expected. An interesting character design nonetheless!
I can't decide if she's wearing gloves or if her hands are transformed like her legs.
And wow, is she short-tempered!
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Kaz
Master

#10 Post by Kaz »

She burned Lynn's papers!

There's about to be a huge fight between the two.

HerrIrish
New Citizen

#11 Post by HerrIrish »

The way she is standing (to me) looks like she thinks that she is too good, like, 'I'm so rich and/or powerful that I can do whatever the heck I want to whomever the heck I want to do it to.' or something.

I, also noticed the distinct lack of Maddie in the page...that Adrakist wont know where that little menace is until she's already caused some mischief and left.
Eh, I've seen worse.

Check out my DA page - but only if you feel like it.

Tendo
Master

#12 Post by Tendo »

Geez, THAT is supposed to be human?

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

Tendo wrote:Geez, THAT is supposed to be human?
That is a cultist who abandoned their humanity for some false ideal. A pretender posing as a great wyrm.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

#14 Post by Commander-Strife »

FrogSteaks wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Keith didn't even acknowledge her as a person! He referred to her as a 'what' like he were inquiring about a wild animal. Excuse me while I have a maniacal laugh.
I like to imagine he did that because she just did the same thing when referring to Natani. "Hand it over..."

Man, Lynn better watch what he says or he'll find himself extra crispy.
I dunno man, you know what the usual dealio with calm and collected people. They have no problem with being nice because they know they can waste you if you aren't nice.
Plus I'm sure Lynn wouldn't have taunted that woman if they couldn't take her on (Not even kidding, I'm complete garbage at figuring out Lynn's actual gender). Lynn comes off as the type of person who'll never do anything too stupid, since Lynn's basically an advisor, and those people are basically usually all smart, since they kinda have to be smarter/wiser than the one they're following on specific decisions.

Even with them covered in fur and clothes and with her being able to breathe fire though, I'm sure they could take her in a fight, should it come down to it.

That aside, I have a good feeling that Lynn is SO mad! I cannot be easy to draft documents, even if they're not forged, I imagine it takes a long time aswell.

Love the design of the dragon lady though, she looks great! :D
I imagine that the dragon cultists would have some fairly decent transformative spells, since they'd make it a priority more than any other faction/species who doesn't really have that information already, but then again, cross-breeding across species would be theoretically possible with magic being involved.

From what Lynn said though, it sounds more like normal humans who become so obsessed with dragons that they aim to ultimately "ascend" to become one with dragonkind and gain their power, and hopefully their wisdom and long life span... since dragons (as far as I remember, and assuming that dragons in Twokinds are not much different form traditional ideas of dragons in Fantasy) live for basically forever, or for forever in comparison to a human's lifespan.

Dat voting incentive too. I'm just a big fan of Dragons, Dragon cultists usually never disappoint for looking or coming off as cool in at least concept. Not surprised Tom was able to make such a cool-looking one :D
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for Monday, August 26 2015

#15 Post by BadFoMo »

gertok9 wrote:I would recommend changing "A lizard look" to "The lizard look" in the second to last panel, it just seems to flow better that way.
Curses! It was been updated before I got here! Does anyone have the original version; and if so can I have it please?
gertok9 wrote:(I know her name isn't Adrakist but do you have a better name?)
How about Camille (sort of like a short version for Chameleon [a type of Lizard if I'm not mistaken]).
The Rookie wrote:I'm kind of interested to see how this dragon cult fits in with the Templar. Are they a small group found mostly within the Templar, or is it a larger mainstream religion.
Something tells me that the two groups might not be involved with each other.
The Rookie wrote:Also what aspects/which dragons do they worship? Lady Nora doesn't seem like the kind to build a standing army, so I guessing we're going to be introduce to the 'bad' dragons shortly.
I'm not so sure about 'bad' Dragons being introduced; or this group worshiping a specific Dragon, but I can see them viewing Dragons as divine creatures because of how powerful they are.

Now with all that out of the way, I still love this new character's design! I just like the idea of mutating one's own body slightly to be somewhat more elegant/powerful (just blame it on my inner mad scientist again).
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!